Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:13:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ecrypto.net exchange; NEVER FORGET THE SCAM  (Read 4451 times)
HyAfo

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:29:44 PM

I asked Bruce a few questions by email to clear up this mystery. Here are the Q & A's, answers from Bruce in bold;

1. Your facebook page recently mentioned $15k worth of deposits in the first few days, yet the stolen/deleted bitcoins (i'm not sure which it is from what you wrote) number at 11, which is around $7500. As far as i am aware nobody was able to make any successful withdrawals from the site whilst it was running so this figure should have been more like 20btc. Can you explain the discrepancy in figures please?

The value estimate was based on 11 BTC at $1000 per coin + the value of the other coins.  It was just a rough estimate that was only meant for my family and friends.  It was never intended to be a precise estimate.

2. As mentioned above, can you clarify whether this was a theft or deletion of the users bitcoins?

The BTC were all stolen, while the alt coins were simply deleted.  Most of the coins that came in had arrived within 24 hours of the attack.  Unfortunately the automatic backup did not trigger in time to save the destroyed wallets.  In hindsight I should have shut down the wallet server and manually backed it up.

3. Why did you decide to remove any mention of the site from your facebook page?

I removed it from facebook simply because i have been under attack.  My facebook page is personal, not business and I will not subject my family or friends and family to the abuse that was coming in.

4. Your statement mentions that the site was as secure as possible but others have noted that, for example that you were not not sanitizing user inputs on your GET variables and other measures leaving the site open to attack. What is your response to these comments?

The site suddenly - literally overnight went from 0 users to 900.  It definitely had issues, but they were not ones that would cause serious problems.  SQL injections were blocked, and get variables were only used for display, not calculations, so they were not a top priority.  I will admit that the site needed more work, and I probably should have kept it under wraps while that was done.  I did not anticipate the HUGE burst of traffic that occurred.

5. Many of us will have holdings that may hold a fraction of their original value once you have reimbursed us, even catering for the extra 50% we are offering. Do you have a response for that, for example can you offer a btc equivalent reimbursement for the value my EAC had at the time of the attack?

This is a good point.  I will do my best to make sure that people don't lose anything.  Hopefully the value of the coins will increase.

6. Can you comment on why, during the uptime of the site, withdrawals were (to my knowledge) impossible to complete through any browser, despite your scrolling update on the site saying they were working?

Withdrawls were actually happening, and are recorded in the database as completed.  Just before the attack happened I became aware of an issue in Mozilla, however they were working in chrome.  I can provide the log of withdrawals completed if that helps

Im sure I cant withdraw in any browser , Chrome , FF and Ie .Only had fail to withdraw message .

Nice job demoniality , you rox .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crunchynut

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:17:32 PM

It definitely had issues, but they were not ones that would cause serious problems. SQL injections were blocked, and get variables were only used for display, not calculations, so they were not a top priority.

the script output was different depending on whether an injected "' and [ask your question here] -- -" condition was true or false. that's all you need for a blind sql injection attack. the database was open for the public. some people would call this a "serious problem".

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
lfruiled

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:20:25 PM

sad situation, new customers and exchanges learn from this
demoniality (OP)

Activity: 194

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:35:43 AM

NEVER FORGET we are still owed money. Bruce Degrosbois doesn't reply to his email anymore. Last thing he said he had investment for a new exchange, repayment of lost funds approx end of January. We've given him another months grace now, where is the money??

facebook.com/smagik

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:05:07 AM

we will never forget.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:12:26 PM

Bruce has been overly quiet of late. Lets give this thread a bump just to make sure everyone knows who he his and to let him know we havent forgotten about him Smiley

I only lost coins from one hacked exchange, all the others paid me out of their own pockets.

I forget the name of the one that ripped me off, but I remember he put a picture of a cartoon cow in place of the site and refused to communicate, until someone posted his name and address here.

CoinEx is nothing compared to that!

I know how you feel about delayed withdrawals. I have lost quite a lot of money from them after missing trading opportunities.

It was ecrypto.net - see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=385591.20

The scammer that ran the site  (Bruce Degrosbois) thought it was quite funny after he did a runner & put a picture of a cow up. That was until his face got plastered all over the net as a conman. He claimed he intended to pay everyone back within a month or so, yet we have heard nothing from him since.

This is his pic

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:00:18 PM

bruce degrosbois
bruce de grosbois
canada
british columbia
programmer
webmaster
vancouver

Just in the case someone search for his name on google...

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
HyAfo

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:07:40 PM

bruce degrosbois
bruce de grosbois
canada
british columbia
programmer
webmaster
vancouver

Just in the case someone search for his name on google...
+1
demoniality (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:25:10 PM

NEVER FORGET.

Bruce claimed so sincerely in his emails to me he would be refunding everyone asap and yet he has gone into hiding like a coward.

demoniality (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:04:52 AM

Never forget, Bruce never paid us back as promised.

Also beware C-Cex is fast looking like a scam with regards to the impossibility of withdrawing delisted coins.

HyAfo

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 07:32:36 PM

Never forget, Bruce never paid us back as promised.

Also beware C-Cex is fast looking like a scam with regards to the impossibility of withdrawing delisted coins.

_https://www.facebook.com/smagik

Blur scammer back to life .

CURRENT CITY AND HOMETOWN

Victoria, British Columbia
Current city

Halifax, Nova Scotia (former city)
Hometown

We never forget to fuck you  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: