Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:16:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ecrypto.net exchange; NEVER FORGET THE SCAM  (Read 4454 times)
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:06:04 PM

Now i'm really confused, on his facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/smagik) he's openly talking about the exchange and how proud he is of it etc and his last message was only 20 hours ago? If the intention was to scam all along, why let his friends and family know through fb that he owns the site.. it would always come back to him? So if it's not a scam (to entertain that idea) what the hell has happened to the site today?!

Yeah dont get that either if a scam no way stuff like that is posted.

This leads me to think 2 things:
A- poor guy is just brunt out . The last 2 days has been hell for him.
or
B- He has other obligations he has to do , such things like work ect ect
or
C- He is trying to fix it right now, just lacks the communications on doing so.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:57:20 PM

Do you other people that can't withdraw at least have your money showed in the "pending withdraws"?
The site say my pending withdraws are 0 and that why I'm really worried...

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
demoniality (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:14:00 PM

before the site went down any pending withdrawals could be cancelled by me and within about a minute those funds would go back into my (allegedly) withdraw-able balance

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
taufu

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:28:06 PM

But the weird thing is that all of his other websites on his about page on fb are offline aswell. Some websites show a "Suspended" error. That could be the cause of too much traffic caused by the popularity last few days?
demoniality (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:36:48 PM

he said on FB he was closing all his other web projects for this exchange

Greg0s

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:27:42 AM

yeah a couple million tips, i guess too keen to get these on any market Sad
looks like hes just reinstalled so heres hoping
free

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:09:34 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 08:54:54 AM by free

Same problem ,deposit EarthCoin and can't withdraw anycoin,.I believe eac too much. Cry
Bigeyeone

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:16:20 AM

so the scammers now figured instead of scamming the miners of a new coin one by one on this forum, we just gonna start a brand new "exchange" and scam them all at once.

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:23:43 AM

I don't think it's a scam, I just don't think he realizes WTF he has gotten himself into.

Digital currency exchange site of that size isn't something one dude just whips up by himself.  Single-coin exchanges like DGEX, maybe - but this, sorry man, you are in over your head.
dragnar

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:46:48 AM

Has anyone, apart from the guy on here who seems to be pro-actively promoting the exchange, successfully withdrawn funds from this exchange (http://www.ecrypto.net)!? I ALWAYS get the "Transaction Failed 0 was not sent to blah blah" message with any withdrawal, whichever technique I try after clicking on the email confirmation link.

Yes it looks very much like a scam I know, that is why I didn't put much into it.

What other issues are people experiencing?

eg https://twitter.com/cryptotipz/status/416675092832473088

i was the one promoting ot for refferal ( first get a shit load u know ... )
and i lost mmy eac there to now ( sins i cant connect to the site )
i had never had problems whit withdrawing coins @ all
seems to me like the massive amount of peeps fucked him up
and he dropped the project

as of right now i call it SCAM

but in my post i promoted him @ ( i clearly gave away information about everything )
i warned every one that it was new and they should not send a lot of coins there

so to every one that lost coins i am sorry
it was my greed that showed this site to u ....

his Apache server is still online
his webpage got taken down tough

lol no ty
Greg0s

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:53:21 AM

dont have a cow man Sad
dragnar

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:41:39 AM

dont have a cow man Sad

http://www.ecrypto.net/ wtf cow ?

lol no ty
monopodman

Activity: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:10:53 AM

Any news regarding the website? Bruce de Grosbois appears to be the biggest troll of the week. https://www.facebook.com/smagik
bumblebee33

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:26:51 AM

I also just saw the "grinning" cow on the website. He wouldn't have posted it, if he were in over his head. Seems to me, he just ran with all the money he collected.

This is very unfortunate for the people who deposited their coins there.

Which exchange do you trust besides Cryptsy?
monopodman

Activity: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:28:16 AM

I also just saw the "grinning" cow on the website. He wouldn't have posted it, if he were in over his head. Seems to me, he just ran with all the money he collected.

I trust cn.bter.com and (maybe) vircurex.

P.S.

Name: bruce degrosbois
Organization: sitemagik
Street: 19613-42 ave
City: langley
State/Province: BC
Postal Code: v3a3a3
Phone: +1.6045399527
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:31:45 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 11:49:26 AM by Oldminer

I trust cn.bter.com and (maybe) vircurex.

P.S.

Name: bruce degrosbois
Organization: sitemagik
Street: 19613-42 ave
City: langley
State/Province: BC
Postal Code: v3a3a3
Phone: +1.6045399527

This the same guy?

Experience
Recreation and Tourism Alumni Event Coordinator at Vancouver Island University
Professional Driver at AC Taxi
Coder at Coastal Webmasters (Self-employed)
Assistant Manager at Agape Ministry
Manager at Edmonton Restaurant Slowpitch League, Edmonton, AB
Coder at Coastal Webmasters (Self-employed)

(From Linkedin) Experience

CEO
Ecrypto
October 2013 – Present (3 months)Vancouver, Canada Area
Ecrypto is developing the worlds most advanced cryptocurrency trading platform. Ecrypto is currently in Alpha development with an expected Beta release date of December 1, 2013.
http://www.Ecrypto.net

Projects

Understanding Bitcoin
March 2013
I suspect Bitcoin is a game changer much like windows was. It is hard not to love it once you understand it. The growth of Bitcoin is unprecedented and surprisingly the percentage growth of the alternate digital currency called Litecoin has been even higher. Many millionaires have been created by this and for the rest of us, well we missed the boat - this time.

I see understanding Bitcoin as...more
HeartofGoldProject.ca(Link)

Simon Fraser University
Urban Planning Certificate, Urban Planning
2013 – 2014 (expected)
RFABC
Masters certificate, facility management
2012 – 2013
I have been doing the courses for the past year and a half. I currently need 1 course to complete my certificate, however the course has not been offered - ever. Will complete it ASAP

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
demoniality (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:32:27 AM

UPDATE:

Explanation for loss of service and plans for recovery and repayment.

From the day Ecrypto started operating it was under attack. Many attempts to penetrate the servers occured and attempts to hack my personal accounts were constant. Unfortunatly on the morning of December 28 the attacker was successful in gaining entry to the wallet servers. Things were operating normally when I noticed the wallet balance had gone to -11 BTC. A few minutes later the wallet servers stopped responding completly, and access to them through the command line became impossible. Digital Ocean began to investigate the problem and after some time sent this response.

Greetings,

I appreciate your patience. After loading your droplet's into a recovery environment, it appears that someone has compromised both of your droplet's, and stolen your bitcoin from the `W2` droplet. This is confirmed from the `.bash_history` file, which the attack did not effectively remove. In an attempt to cover their tracks, they attempted to wipe out your droplets filesystem with `rm -rf /`, but mistakenly left the `/root` folder, which left some of the data for the blocks you had found.

On the `W1` droplet, it is not apparent if there were any *coin's transferred, as the .bash_history folder over there was effectively wiped out prior to the `rm -rf /` on that droplet.

For your reference, both droplets remain in the recovery environment right now, and have the drives mounted. I've taken a few screenshots of the console and pulled of the transfer of your 11 bitcoin on blockchain.info to confirm the theft:
http://screencast.com/t/Ba7Mvgh6md0
http://screencast.com/t/1eKtogngnw
https://blockchain.info/address/19Xn6GPjMoj8FMLMWg77Wq7PNiFSUsZxSV

Given the nature of bitcoin, this theft is effectively irreversible. Unfortunately, even if the data of your droplet's did remain intact, the theft would remain irreversible.

I would certainly be quite suspicious of this compromise, as if these bitcoin were just transferred last night, it would seem someone associated with you, or the other party, is well aware of your two mining droplets, or may have had access to the droplet's prior.

Unfortunately, there is truly nothing more that we are able to do for you at this point.

Regards,
Russell Mitchell | Support Team

There is noone with access to the account information hare so clearly this was a pure hack. I made great efforts to make the servers impossible to hack, however the hacker simply walked right in and stole everything. The coins they did not steal, they deleted. Since the attack I have just been sick to my stomach. Ecrypto has taken 6 months of 16 hour days to build, and anyone suggesting this was a theft by me is a complete fool. The total stolen was only 11 BTC which is not a huge amount. If the hacker had waited, they would have been able to steal a significant amount more, but it is obviously just an impatient child. I am currently reworking the entire setup, making significant changes that will make it impossible to penetrate. The wallet servers will have NO communications with the website server at all, and gaining access to them should be impossible. The weak point will be the weak passwords that Digital Ocean automatically generates for servers, but since the wallet server will have no connection with the website, even finding the server will be nearly impossible. I will also change the location of the wallet server at least once a week, and transfer the majority of BTC and LTC in the wallets into cold storage for additional security.

So the next question is, when will you get the coins you lost back? We have backup images of the wallet balances at the time of the attack. When the site comes back up, 100% of fees collected by the site will go to pay back lost coins. Not only will you receive the coins you lost, you will receive a 50% bonus. So for every 2 coins you had at the time of the attack - you will receive 3 coins as repayment.

Unfortunatly this is the best I can do for now. I personally suffered a large loss as well which makes it impossible to repay the lost coins faster than the plan.

When will the service resume operations? I am thinking a month or so. I need to make the servers bulletproof, and that will take time. If you feel the need to rant or call me names you can email ecryptox@gmail.com. Reasonable emails will be responded to ASAP.

erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 02:22:30 PM

I only hope he will honore his words... I'm waiting

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
HyAfo

Activity: 101

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 02:33:17 PM

UPDATE:

Explanation for loss of service and plans for recovery and repayment.

From the day Ecrypto started operating it was under attack. Many attempts to penetrate the servers occured and attempts to hack my personal accounts were constant. Unfortunatly on the morning of December 28 the attacker was successful in gaining entry to the wallet servers. Things were operating normally when I noticed the wallet balance had gone to -11 BTC. A few minutes later the wallet servers stopped responding completly, and access to them through the command line became impossible. Digital Ocean began to investigate the problem and after some time sent this response.

Greetings,

I appreciate your patience. After loading your droplet's into a recovery environment, it appears that someone has compromised both of your droplet's, and stolen your bitcoin from the `W2` droplet. This is confirmed from the `.bash_history` file, which the attack did not effectively remove. In an attempt to cover their tracks, they attempted to wipe out your droplets filesystem with `rm -rf /`, but mistakenly left the `/root` folder, which left some of the data for the blocks you had found.

On the `W1` droplet, it is not apparent if there were any *coin's transferred, as the .bash_history folder over there was effectively wiped out prior to the `rm -rf /` on that droplet.

For your reference, both droplets remain in the recovery environment right now, and have the drives mounted. I've taken a few screenshots of the console and pulled of the transfer of your 11 bitcoin on blockchain.info to confirm the theft:
http://screencast.com/t/Ba7Mvgh6md0
http://screencast.com/t/1eKtogngnw
https://blockchain.info/address/19Xn6GPjMoj8FMLMWg77Wq7PNiFSUsZxSV

Given the nature of bitcoin, this theft is effectively irreversible. Unfortunately, even if the data of your droplet's did remain intact, the theft would remain irreversible.

I would certainly be quite suspicious of this compromise, as if these bitcoin were just transferred last night, it would seem someone associated with you, or the other party, is well aware of your two mining droplets, or may have had access to the droplet's prior.

Unfortunately, there is truly nothing more that we are able to do for you at this point.

Regards,
Russell Mitchell | Support Team

There is noone with access to the account information hare so clearly this was a pure hack. I made great efforts to make the servers impossible to hack, however the hacker simply walked right in and stole everything. The coins they did not steal, they deleted. Since the attack I have just been sick to my stomach. Ecrypto has taken 6 months of 16 hour days to build, and anyone suggesting this was a theft by me is a complete fool. The total stolen was only 11 BTC which is not a huge amount. If the hacker had waited, they would have been able to steal a significant amount more, but it is obviously just an impatient child. I am currently reworking the entire setup, making significant changes that will make it impossible to penetrate. The wallet servers will have NO communications with the website server at all, and gaining access to them should be impossible. The weak point will be the weak passwords that Digital Ocean automatically generates for servers, but since the wallet server will have no connection with the website, even finding the server will be nearly impossible. I will also change the location of the wallet server at least once a week, and transfer the majority of BTC and LTC in the wallets into cold storage for additional security.

So the next question is, when will you get the coins you lost back? We have backup images of the wallet balances at the time of the attack. When the site comes back up, 100% of fees collected by the site will go to pay back lost coins. Not only will you receive the coins you lost, you will receive a 50% bonus. So for every 2 coins you had at the time of the attack - you will receive 3 coins as repayment.

Unfortunatly this is the best I can do for now. I personally suffered a large loss as well which makes it impossible to repay the lost coins faster than the plan.

When will the service resume operations? I am thinking a month or so. I need to make the servers bulletproof, and that will take time. If you feel the need to rant or call me names you can email ecryptox@gmail.com. Reasonable emails will be responded to ASAP.

How can this be ?

I lost over one milion EAC on his site ,thats time I sale for ~ 5 BTC ,If he really a true man he will answer to me and the community on facebook ,  I did send some messenges and got no reply ,then last night his facebook disappear .
demoniality (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:56:01 PM

I asked Bruce a few questions by email to clear up this mystery. Here are the Q & A's, answers from Bruce in bold;

1. Your facebook page recently mentioned $15k worth of deposits in the first few days, yet the stolen/deleted bitcoins (i'm not sure which it is from what you wrote) number at 11, which is around $7500. As far as i am aware nobody was able to make any successful withdrawals from the site whilst it was running so this figure should have been more like 20btc. Can you explain the discrepancy in figures please?

The value estimate was based on 11 BTC at $1000 per coin + the value of the other coins.  It was just a rough estimate that was only meant for my family and friends.  It was never intended to be a precise estimate.

2. As mentioned above, can you clarify whether this was a theft or deletion of the users bitcoins?

The BTC were all stolen, while the alt coins were simply deleted.  Most of the coins that came in had arrived within 24 hours of the attack.  Unfortunately the automatic backup did not trigger in time to save the destroyed wallets.  In hindsight I should have shut down the wallet server and manually backed it up.

3. Why did you decide to remove any mention of the site from your facebook page?

I removed it from facebook simply because i have been under attack.  My facebook page is personal, not business and I will not subject my family or friends and family to the abuse that was coming in.

4. Your statement mentions that the site was as secure as possible but others have noted that, for example that you were not not sanitizing user inputs on your GET variables and other measures leaving the site open to attack. What is your response to these comments?

The site suddenly - literally overnight went from 0 users to 900.  It definitely had issues, but they were not ones that would cause serious problems.  SQL injections were blocked, and get variables were only used for display, not calculations, so they were not a top priority.  I will admit that the site needed more work, and I probably should have kept it under wraps while that was done.  I did not anticipate the HUGE burst of traffic that occurred.

5. Many of us will have holdings that may hold a fraction of their original value once you have reimbursed us, even catering for the extra 50% we are offering. Do you have a response for that, for example can you offer a btc equivalent reimbursement for the value my EAC had at the time of the attack?

This is a good point.  I will do my best to make sure that people don't lose anything.  Hopefully the value of the coins will increase.

6. Can you comment on why, during the uptime of the site, withdrawals were (to my knowledge) impossible to complete through any browser, despite your scrolling update on the site saying they were working?

Withdrawls were actually happening, and are recorded in the database as completed.  Just before the attack happened I became aware of an issue in Mozilla, however they were working in chrome.  I can provide the log of withdrawals completed if that helps

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: