Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:59:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast customer e-mail leak  (Read 4207 times)
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:48:17 AM

I  received the update email and my email address was leaked, but funny thing is that I'm not even on batch 1.

It appears that all of their customers were included in the email.  I had originally assumed it was just from Batch 1. (my mistake)
tacotime (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:58:24 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 04:10:14 AM by tacotime

Disclaimer: I am not a paid employee of HashFast but was instead selected to answer questions for them here on bitcointalk -- so please don't emit venom in my direction.

I am a little confused on your role here, you are not an employee and was not authorized to say anything yet you state you are "Hashfast Bitcointalk Support" how exactly does that work, especially with matters like this where you and/or Hashfast could get in Legal trouble for speaking out of turn. I am frankly more worried about you since it would be easy to roll you under the bus.

I signed an NDA and they said they would give me discounts in the future, but so far I have received nothing.

I've never signed an employee payroll form or anything like that, and I don't even live in the same country as the company.

I think most people here would agree from day one I was never out to shill -- I fought for refunds for you august buyers until the company all but ignored me.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:26:30 AM

Disclaimer: I am not a paid employee of HashFast but was instead selected to answer questions for them here on bitcointalk -- so please don't emit venom in my direction.
I am a little confused on your role here, you are not an employee and was not authorized to say anything yet you state you are "Hashfast Bitcointalk Support" how exactly does that work, especially with matters like this where you and/or Hashfast could get in Legal trouble for speaking out of turn. I am frankly more worried about you since it would be easy to roll you under the bus.
I signed an NDA and they said they would give me discounts in the future, but so far I have received nothing.
I've never signed an employee payroll form or anything like that, and I don't even live in the same country as the company.
I think most people here would agree from day one I was never out to shill -- I fought for refunds for you august buyers until the company all but ignored me.

Signed NDA. Not being paid. Speaks for HashFast on Bitcointalk.

*boggles*
tacotime (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:31:31 AM

All I really wanted was a chance to get you guys and myself some answers about what on earth had been going on with our gear, but it never really happened. I'm kind of feeling like jumping ship now, to avoid damaging my own reputation.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 05:53:00 AM

All I really wanted was a chance to get you guys and myself some answers about what on earth had been going on with our gear, but it never really happened. I'm kind of feeling like jumping ship now, to avoid damaging my own reputation.

I appreciate your effort.  It builds your rep to ensure the community is aware.

Anyone who lives in California should contact the attorney general as they have really strict data privacy laws.

Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:14:07 AM

How about those that were just on the newsletter?
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:30:02 AM

anyone who lives in California should contact the attorney general as they have really strict data privacy laws
Anyone losing time on the privacy aspect is doing HF's game.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:05:11 AM

HF really should communicate directly. They probably don't want to take the legal risk and prefer to use loosely affiliated messengers. Not cool.

* Cypherdoc was shilling like a pro in August and then did a 180 in September when he re-sold all his orders to some poor sap.
* Icebreaker is clearly living in a parallel universe where HF is amazing.
* TacoTime is the only one who has been acting with integrity, and this thread is another example of that. So kudos for that.

Ramhound

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:14:40 PM

HF really should communicate directly. They probably don't want to take the legal risk and prefer to use loosely affiliated messengers. Not cool.

* Cypherdoc was shilling like a pro in August and then did a 180 in September when he re-sold all his orders to some poor sap.
* Icebreaker is clearly living in a parallel universe where HF is amazing.
* TacoTime is the only one who has been acting with integrity, and this thread is another example of that. So kudos for that.

I would have to agree that TacoTime's response seems honest and straight forward.

I would just end that remark that actions speak louder then words at this point.  My advice to TacoTime come 12:00:01 on Jan 1st 2014 make your decision about your connection to Hashfast.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 01:33:11 PM

A good company will have this in place:
policies, procedures and controls.

Which one is missing from here?

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:27:23 PM

Taco, you probably shouldn't have taken on this task. Icebreaker / hashfast / eduardo is obviously on vacation. Supposed to be in canada shipping out miners, but we all know that isn't happening. Maybe he is down in the bahamas spending customer money ?
NickDanger

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:55:59 PM

Taco, you probably shouldn't have taken on this task. Icebreaker / hashfast / eduardo is obviously on vacation. Supposed to be in canada shipping out miners, but we all know that isn't happening. Maybe he is down in the bahamas spending customer money ?

Taco did nothing that could be read as shady.  He didn't play shill/outside man like Cypherdoc that i could remember, just straigt-up "I did this, they told me that."
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:01:00 PM

That's why I said he shouldn't have taken this on. Hashfast is toxic right now, why sully your name with the association.

kill-switch

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:07:37 PM

I can't imagine a way to make class action collaboration any more straight forward or easily coordinated than leaking contact information for your entire client list.  Unbelievable.  I don't know what these fools at Hashfast deserve, but I hope they get it at any rate.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:18:15 PM

I don't know what these fools at Hashfast deserve, but I hope they get it at any rate.
You are starting from the possibly wrong supposition that this wasn't the plot all along.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:22:22 PM

I can't imagine a way to make class action collaboration any more straight forward or easily coordinated than leaking contact information for your entire client list.  Unbelievable.  I don't know what these fools at Hashfast deserve, but I hope they get it at any rate.
Its kinda easy why no one makes a class action against them, their original terms say the only option you have is arbitration, you can't bring them to court or a class action.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:40:56 PM

Its kinda easy why no one makes a class action against them, their original terms say the only option you have is arbitration, you can't bring them to court or a class action.

Unless of course there is fraud involved. Then it will be a criminal case. I see most people are contacting the state AG.. so will be interesting to see what happens. It seemed like the Kansas AG did nothing with BFL, and that is what HF planned all a long it seems.

Simon, Eduardo, Amy, John do you really want to have your names engrained in bitcoin mining history as a bunch of fraudsters? You still have a chance to do right by your customers. Take the chance. Money is not worth ruining your reputation for life.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:06:28 AM

I think that they already did they calculations and double checked them. They are fine with all of the money they will get out of us (not so much in my case).

GlapLaw

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:00:24 PM

Did anyone count how many emails were leaked? Would be interesting to gauge how large their customer base is, and also the magnitude of this leak.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:25:26 PM

I have two groups of email addresses (192) but I believe there were a total of 5 groups of emails leaked.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: