Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:34:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast customer e-mail leak  (Read 4207 times)
tacotime (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:58:59 AM

All HashFast customers appear to have had their email addresses leaked today by the company itself.

Please ensure:
1. Images are turned off in your email client to prevent ip phishing attempts.
2. Reverse email lookups do not reveal your delivery address.
3. You do not open emails that appear to be phishing attempts.

Disclaimer: I am not a paid employee of HashFast but was instead selected to answer questions for them here on bitcointalk -- so please don't emit venom in my direction.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:08:20 AM

All HashFast customers appear to have had their email addresses leaked today by the company itself.

Please ensure:
1. Images are turned off in your email client to prevent ip phishing attempts.
2. Reverse email lookups do not reveal your delivery address.
3. You do not open emails that appear to be phishing attempts.

Disclaimer: I am not a paid employee of HashFast but was instead selected to answer questions for them here on bitcointalk -- so please don't emit venom in my direction.

They leaked all of their customer email addresses and are having a non-employee be their communication channel?

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:16:44 AM

They leaked all of their customer email addresses and are having a non-employee be their communication channel?
Both of them can be seen as good moves... Eg, "i'm not responsible for what he said" and "let's troll them and have them spend the night talking about our stupidity instead of how having them to organise to sue us after this last useless update".

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
HarrisonS

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:19:07 AM

How perfect is it that this email was sent on a Friday, right before they close for 2 days?
tacotime (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:24:21 AM

Both of them can be seen as good moves... Eg, "i'm not responsible for what he said" and "let's troll them and have them spend the night talking about our stupidity instead of how having them to organise to sue us after this last useless update".

I just don't really want to be affiliated with anything that's going on internally right now with this company.  But everyone needs to know this has happened to protect themselves. HashFast didn't authorize me or tell me to say that this happened, but it is obviously true to anyone who received the latest email newsletter.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:26:05 AM

How perfect is it that this email was sent on a Friday, right before they close for 2 days?
Actually i expected you to delay that until Monday night.

Btw, i will quote myself:

We should also ask why their puppet pointed us to that eligius address in the first moment, it's in fact a strange address that is growing a lot - their goal is to have us to lose time, money and strenght over something useless, like the emails or if they are mining with our hardware or not.

What needs to be discussed is:

1) EXWORK vs DELIVERED. I've still to hear back from my lawyer about this, and it is incredibly important. We can't just choose one option in a non rationale way.
2) More proofs of BTC refunds. Is ninjarobot ready to testify pro us in court what they said when he went to visit? Why jjiimm_64 can't share any info about it's mistery email (i asked him if he could share it with a mod).

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:26:45 AM

@tacotime, can you check the headers of your communication with them? What was their email server?

dhenson
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:28:13 AM

I just don't really want to be affiliated with anything that's going on internally right now with this company.  But everyone needs to know this has happened to protect themselves. HashFast didn't authorize me or tell me to say that this happened, but it is obviously true to anyone who received the latest email newsletter.

Ah, thank you for clarifying.  You are in a very un-enviable position.  I suppose you're probably feeling a little bit like theSwede from the Labcoin scam.

However, your phrasing fills me with dread as it appears by your statement that there may be much more going on than we currently know about.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:32:27 AM

Ah, thank you for clarifying.  You are in a very un-enviable position.  I suppose you're probably feeling a little bit like theSwede from the Labcoin scam.

However, your phrasing fills me with dread as it appears by your statement that there may be much more going on than we currently know about.

I doubt taco has much communications with them. Cyberdoc on the other hand disappeared a while back.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
dhenson
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:34:09 AM

I doubt taco has much communications with them. Cyberdoc on the other hand disappeared a while back.

After being called out as a Hashfast shill/employee, iCeBreaker has been remarkably silent as well.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:35:54 AM

After being called out as a Hashfast shill, iCeBreaker has been remarkably silent as well.

Coincidentally the last login of hashfast_cl and icebreaker was on the 25th a couple of hours apart. Fun facts.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
tacotime (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:42:21 AM

@tacotime, can you check the headers of your communication with them? What was their email server?

Everything by email was from samantha's gmail, and I think she jumped ship a couple of weeks ago.

Code:
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:46:19 AM

Everything by email was from samantha's gmail, and I think she jumped ship a couple of weeks ago.
Still this means that they didn't protect their customers privacy the proper way by allowing one of their employees to have a copy of the emails.

You'd be kind of pissed off if you went to the bank and the teller that helped you copied all of your account information down then used it the next day or after he/she quit wouldn't you.
HarrisonS

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:29:39 AM

Sorry! In our rush to update we sent email CC not BCC. We spotted error shortly after, have taken immediate action to prevent future errors!
-Twitter
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:47:49 AM

Sorry! In our rush to update we sent email CC not BCC. We spotted error shortly after, have taken immediate action to prevent future errors!
-Twitter
Woot they just admitted to it.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:58:33 AM

... was instead selected to answer questions for them here on bitcointalk ...

Why are you the messenger, and they aren't dealing with this fallout themselves ?
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:10:37 AM

What a disaster! Could HF have screwed up this launch any worse?  Roll Eyes

I sent trust to dhenson for alerting me to this matter via email with nothing to gain from his action. I suggest that others do the same, if he was the one that also alerted you to this problem.
dhenson
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:18:17 AM

What a disaster! Could HF have screwed up this launch any worse?  Roll Eyes

I sent trust to dhenson for alerting me to this matter via email with nothing to gain from his action. I suggest that others do the same, if he was the one that also alerted you to this problem.

Thank you for the props, just wish I could have sent the email to everyone effected. (only had access to 2/5 of the list)
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 03:18:32 AM

I am a little confused on your role here, you are not an employee and was not authorized to say anything yet you state you are "Hashfast Bitcointalk Support" how exactly does that work, especially with matters like this where you and/or Hashfast could get in Legal trouble for speaking out of turn. I am frankly more worried about you since it would be easy to roll you under the bus.

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
edgie13

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:42:58 AM

I  received the update email and my email address was leaked, but funny thing is that I'm not even on batch 1.

BTC Scotch fund: 1GFZos2WGknCeVgDtjpHwo3jeJ4tSLVrXS
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: