Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:18:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashfast deceptive advertising Batch1 reparations thoughts  (Read 644 times)
jspielberg (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:55:47 AM

So I have been thinking about what would be a balanced resolution to what seems to be clearly false advertising of lying about October/November as possible shipping dates.

Basically what I am looking for is break even with the HF hardware (which the MPP was supposed to provide).

I think suing is a very bad option.  Only the lawyers make out in that scenario.

Here are some options that I think are balanced...
1) Customer has the option of canceling their order and having the same amount of BTC returned
or
2) Customer has the option of receiving batch 1 order and after 90 days... any statistical gap between break even and the paid amount would be refunded (therefore achieving break even ~27 BTC)
or
3) If HF can provide MPP quantities of the rev0/1 boards, customers can opt for immediate MPP and you take your chances at ROI... no other reparations will be available.

Of course at this point option 1 would I think be preferable for all parties involved since batch 1 customers are not receiving what we were initially expecting when we ordered.

I personally like option 2 as I think it is the most balanced.  For those who paid with bitcoin... after 90 days with the hardware if we have not achieved break-even, HF will refund the difference.  From my calculations if we get mining on 1/1/2014 and get MPP on 2/2/2013, that combo after 90 days will return about 25 BTC.  If they refund 27 BTC per order in April (90 days after initial hardware receipt), I will consider myself made whole.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:49:17 AM

Good luck with option #1. History has shown that BTC refunds for mining hardware are almost like the fable of a unicorn.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 07:31:37 AM

So avalon was not a mining company. And full BTC refunds where not promised several times and never denied.
Noted.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
jspielberg (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:13:53 AM

Since it looks like HF is starting to communicate, I am going to table this discussion.

I still think the timely delivery of the MPP will be critical to Batch1 taking a small vs a very large loss for those who bought day 1 via BTC.

My guess is that they didn't want to communicate a time for MPP until they had a working board.  Looks like that has been handled.

Locking this thread for now.

Feel free for someone to open a similar if you feel it is worthwhile.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: