Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't feel bad newbies - Early adopter without many Bitcoins  (Read 15271 times)
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 12:03:28 PM

There are those with many more missed opportunity than you.
Keep up the good work, it is rewarding. Smiley

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
nightmist

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:14:35 PM

keep on believing!

more and more people are getting involved everyday.

companies are investing in new hardware, software and more merchants are accepting it.

It is already a much bigger ecosystem than what it was just a couple of years ago so imagine what another 10 years could bring. By then all 20 million bitcoins would be issued with no more supplies. Surely the number of people who will be using it, trading it will be a lot higher, not to mention inflation will mean the depreciation of fiat money against the value of BTC so surely it will be worth a lot more.

I remember reading about the story of the shop that sold alpaca socks for BTC, it was a family business, where the son convinced his parents to accept BTC as payment. They must be laughing now, assuming they didn't sell all their BTCs too soon Smiley
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 01:33:16 PM

keep on believing!

companies are investing in new hardware, software and more merchants are accepting it.

It is already a much bigger ecosystem than what it was just a couple of years ago so imagine what another 10 years could bring. By then all 20 million bitcoins would be issued with no more supplies. Surely the number of people who will be using it, trading it will be a lot higher, not to mention inflation will mean the depreciation of fiat money against the value of BTC so surely it will be worth a lot more.

I remember reading about the story of the shop that sold alpaca socks for BTC, it was a family business, where the son convinced his parents to accept BTC as payment. They must be laughing now, assuming they didn't sell all their BTCs too soon Smiley

Haha that's a millionaire farm now if they kept the btc. Nice socks!

http://www.grasshillalpacas.com/alpacaproductsforbitcoinoffer.html

Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:40:05 PM

Yah with 20/20 hindsight, I could have been a multimillionaire this year starting with a a few hundred bucks.... making every move with perfect timing.

Oh well, good luck with the mining and stick to SSDs & backups in future.

Backups yes, SSDs are inherently less reliable than regular HDDs unless you like to slam your laptop around or something, given reasonable care HDDs last decades...

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 05:13:38 PM

keep on believing!

How many years before it isn't too soon?

It is sort of the point though.  We all have less btc than we did, this is how distribution occurs.] and each become more valuable.
Prisoner's dilemma write global.  With no trade there is no value and no bitcoin.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
El

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:42:26 PM

...the past is a lesson.  The future, a promise.  In fact, we only have today to understand that the only time anything happens at all--is now.  

Understanding this either inspires you to take action when previously  you have regret, or allows you to be at peace with your choice when you made it, with all you could know, you did your best.  And that is peace of mind.  It also helps you build trust with yourself that you can make executive decisions....leading to a higher quality of life.
upal

Activity: 165
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:13:31 PM

@BitPop I have sent u a PM. Please reply if possible.
mrspades

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:42:20 PM

thanks for the story.... i still kick myself for not hopping on years ago when i first came across bitcoin... hindsight... but what can you do? now my goal is to just get anything into my wallet and let it slowly build. ive put a couple hundred into it so far and its slowly building but patiently waiting for the day i can look and see 1 single solid bitcoin hahaha. i love the bitcoin community..it really is amazing how people of all walks can just find such a strong common bond with something as simple as data. i really hope a long life to btc..an eternal one!
AnTiCamPr

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:49:30 PM

Yeah, I don't have much to complain about compared to you, but I lost my wallet for around 100BTC that I GPU mined when that was still a thing. Since there is no way I can afford an ASIC I am just mining on Scrypt coins and being a lot more careful with my wallets.
bitconnect

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:20:14 PM

were the KNC miners not profitable?
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 05:52:13 AM

were the KNC miners not profitable?

They were but I had to sell when it was much less to pay for electricity and loan.

d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:06:15 AM

Your story shows you care about the coin and not the latest trend.

Your "never give up" attitude will help you get back in the game just keep your head up!

Wink

bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 06:11:12 AM

Your story shows you care about the coin and not the latest trend.

Your "never give up" attitude will help you get back in the game just keep your head up!

Wink

Yeah I'm still satisfied Bitcoin itself is extremely successful

hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:38:58 PM

I love this post. Thanks for writing it. I've really enjoyed my adventures in bitcoin, but every now and then when I'm in a dark mood I think about the handful of decisions I could have made differently and would be so, so much better off now.

But somehow I can't be all that bitter about it; if I'd just bought and held and never done anything, I'd have missed so much -- I love watching the new hardware be developed, and it's great to be a part of the community as it figures out how to make things work, and then work better. I love this community when it's at its best, solving problems and building things and exploring new ideas and sharing the results, and always so freakin' fast!

While I could have ended up in a different place if I'd made different choices, it wouldn't have been nearly as good a journey.

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 05:52:09 AM

I love this post. Thanks for writing it. I've really enjoyed my adventures in bitcoin, but every now and then when I'm in a dark mood I think about the handful of decisions I could have made differently and would be so, so much better off now.

But somehow I can't be all that bitter about it; if I'd just bought and held and never done anything, I'd have missed so much -- I love watching the new hardware be developed, and it's great to be a part of the community as it figures out how to make things work, and then work better. I love this community when it's at its best, solving problems and building things and exploring new ideas and sharing the results, and always so freakin' fast!

While I could have ended up in a different place if I'd made different choices, it wouldn't have been nearly as good a journey.

Yup and you are still here at the right time, never think it's too late.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:06:44 AM

Wait so you are jealous cause someone came up with a good idea and sold it for a profit? LMAO glad you don't control many bitcoins cause jealousy is a horrible trait to have. Also Satoshidice has brought much press in the early days. Plus Erik is an amazing entrepreneur, he has a couple great ideas. Coinapult and feedzebirds are doing great things in the bitcoin community.
dolanhoodie

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:20:38 AM

i recall back in the day, like 2008/09 when bitcoin was new. i had no idea how to mine and i wasnt sure if i could do it. due to school and other stuff i never really got into it, plus not being a regular on /g/. it's hard to sometimes look back in the past and wish you could've done things differently, like actually looked into mining and trying it out.

now i'm very into mining and i'm trying my best with what i have. I hope these forums can help me solidify what to focus on and i hope to contribute some insight into what i see happening.
Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:27:10 AM

What is truly sad is that if there wasn't people like you supporting community Bitcoin would not be what it it today. People seem to forget that.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:43:44 AM

Respect Bitpop didn't get in too early either but decided to invest with what I have now and try to grow that amount
Alpaca Socks last for a lifetime but the Pizza did not  Wink

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:59:56 AM

Dude... that is a horrible story. I feel really bad for your loss. But never give up.... start collecting Bitcoins once again... You may not reach the 1,000 mark, but you will definitely reach the 100 mark.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: