Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:01:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm selling through PayPal!  (Read 6727 times)
strictlyfocused

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 10:25:50 PM

I used my country code in front of my number and then everything worked great. Looking forward to this system leaving the beta stage so I can purchase higher amounts!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ghgr (OP)

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 12:59:59 PM

At this moment I am negotiating with Paypal and Moneybookers the conditions. I expect to reach a conclusion soon and start in production mode. These will be the features:

- An initial limit higher than 10 cBTC (slightly higher)
 - Faster limit increase with purchases
 - Prices slightly higher than market
 - More coins to sell
 - Daily limit on PINs sent (so please make sure you write your number correctly).

And of course a better layout ^_^

Thanks for your testing and I invite you to keep using the BETA!
Amanda

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 02:07:29 PM

Careful though.. I've heard several occasions where Paypal blocked an account for btc trading.

1Ea1oNDVmTUd657ncDPX69XYzVHJdTjgzL
ysoliman

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 06:09:55 PM

Great service - ordered 0.1 BTC and within 15 minutes was in my wallet!
Easy to use and quick. A+
Skar3

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 08:23:42 PM

excellent service
dimaweber

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 08:59:42 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2011, 09:15:27 PM by dimaweber

A hashed version will be stored in a database in order to anonymously identify you for your future purchases and increase your limit.
Wat?
6 seconds to calculate the hashes of all the phone numbers containing 6 digits
-> 60000s < 20h to calculate the hashes of all the phone numbers containing 10 digits

And this only on a CPU, imagine on a GPU...
why you identify by phone ?
isn't receive address unique enough for it ?

Also, you can hash not phone itself but some constant text + phone
thus leaking only db won't harm anyone
MelMan2002

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:04:39 PM

Been waiting for my pin for a while now and still haven't received it..

19F6veduCZcudwXuWoVosjmzziQz4EhBPS
ghgr (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 09:57:28 PM

In some cases it takes some time to arrive. Please make sure that the number you wrote is properly detected at http://www.donotcompare.com/btc/existsNumber.php

The identification by phone is to identify unique users. When a scammer makes a chargeback, it more effective to block his access by his phone number (he might have several phones, but a limited number after all) rather than by his bitcoin address (which can -and should- vary with each purchase), or even his IP.
When I pass from the BETA state to the production mode, phone numbers will be encrypted with a secret key.

In order to better fit the policy of Paypal and to avoid a fraud rate too high I am implementing an automated deliver of a physical good to the user's Paypal address. Which object to choose is not obvious, since I has to comply with the following:
  - It has to be cheap, in order to avoid increasing the price too much
  - It can be sent cheapily worldwide
  - It can only be delivered in case I have sent the Bitcoins
  - The user doesn't need it to cash his coins (i.e. the transaction will still be instantaneous)
  - It has to prove that the coins were sent, even to a person with no knowledge of Bitcoin and no mathematical background.
  - If a scammer uses the system he would not want that object to be delivered to the real owner's address.
  - The user has no way to forge the object, and to say that what he received was not what he expected.

Many criteria but I think I got it. I will also avoid sending the PIN at each purchase. It is expensive for me and a source of troubles for users.

In matter of days I expect to have the BETA2 ready. Thanks again for your support!
bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 10:07:28 PM

Its showing me like this:

Current* price: 1 BTC = $ 6.986

Current Bitcoins available: BTC

Are there no bitcoins available currently?

ghgr (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 10:11:26 PM

Its showing me like this:
Current* price: 1 BTC = $ 6.986
Current Bitcoins available: BTC

That happens when it cannot retrieve the balance from the wallet, but it seems to be working fine here. Try Ctrl+F5 to reconnect with the server.
There are 0.3445 BTC available at the moment
bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 10:23:09 PM

Got 0.1 BTC real quick Smiley
When will actual system come into place?

jack102938

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 10:33:57 PM

Site's up and I got my BTC! Great service, when it works.

+1
Kinmasa Hota Soto

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 10:37:51 PM

In some cases it takes some time to arrive. Please make sure that the number you wrote is properly detected at http://www.donotcompare.com/btc/existsNumber.php

The identification by phone is to identify unique users. When a scammer makes a chargeback, it more effective to block his access by his phone number (he might have several phones, but a limited number after all) rather than by his bitcoin address (which can -and should- vary with each purchase), or even his IP.
When I pass from the BETA state to the production mode, phone numbers will be encrypted with a secret key.

In order to better fit the policy of Paypal and to avoid a fraud rate too high I am implementing an automated deliver of a physical good to the user's Paypal address. Which object to choose is not obvious, since I has to comply with the following:
  - It has to be cheap, in order to avoid increasing the price too much
  - It can be sent cheapily worldwide
  - It can only be delivered in case I have sent the Bitcoins
  - The user doesn't need it to cash his coins (i.e. the transaction will still be instantaneous)
  - It has to prove that the coins were sent, even to a person with no knowledge of Bitcoin and no mathematical background.
  - If a scammer uses the system he would not want that object to be delivered to the real owner's address.
  - The user has no way to forge the object, and to say that what he received was not what he expected.

Many criteria but I think I got it. I will also avoid sending the PIN at each purchase. It is expensive for me and a source of troubles for users.

In matter of days I expect to have the BETA2 ready. Thanks again for your support!
So you will have access to phone number + address + bitcoin address?
You must be kidding!
Kansattica

Activity: 112

Don't get eaten by wolves!

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 10:41:51 PM

Why do you care if someone has your phone number, a PUBLIC address, and a physical address? What's he going to do? Give you more money? Send you something? Call you for a nice chat? Madness!

Shocking, obligatory charity code:
1Gimmiec4KSrcKR3t6xoReJd4rNGt8zM58

Free BTC every hour:
http://mycryptcoin.com/?rid=1CccBJE7BCTJEvRN9Uxfgwbr11fSaUvjFe

And why not free Bitcoins?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83057

Great (read: best) old computer games for BTC:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85347.0
Kinmasa Hota Soto

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 10:53:07 PM

Why do you care if someone has your phone number, a PUBLIC address, and a physical address? What's he going to do? Give you more money? Send you something? Call you for a nice chat? Madness!
Yeahhh sure no problem
Care to share your phone number + address?
ghgr (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 10:53:52 PM

So you will have access to phone number + address + bitcoin address?
You must be kidding!

Not at all. That would be a hell with data privacy strict regulations. I'll just tell Paypal to send the item to the address of the user's Paypal profile, and thus I won't even see it. I'm going to start with it tomorrow morning. If it is not possible I'll find a workaround, but I don't consider handling private data, at least in a near future.

I understand your point, but well, there are very strict regulations concerning the storage and use of personal data (database encrypted and the people who has access to the key must be identified, a in-depth terms of service explaining what I will do with that, provide a way to access, modify and rectify your data, etc.). Of course, if in a future it is required to decrease the scam ratio, it may be a solution, but at this stage of the process I prefer not to deal with sensitive data.

When I have the new BETA version I'll upload it with another coin (or a little more). It should be matter of days.
aandreas

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 11:58:09 PM

worked smoothely 20 minutes, and 0 confirmations just apperared. hope u don´t do a doublespending XD promise i won´t do a chargeback. nice for testing purposes. less then a per mill of my first paypal BTC purchase through bitcoinmarket, back when it was still up, but hope the limits will be raised sonn.
MelMan2002

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 12:21:22 AM

I enter it in there and it says "Found!"

ghgr (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2011, 06:26:42 AM

When it founds a number it says from which country it thinks it is. Make sure that the country listed is correct. If not, put the county code without the '00' and without '+'
MelMan2002

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 04:04:54 PM

When it founds a number it says from which country it thinks it is. Make sure that the country listed is correct. If not, put the county code without the '00' and without '+'

Well I finally got the pin - it took about 5 hours though!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: