Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:11:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] Openrigs.com STAY AWAY!  (Read 3859 times)
Jazkal

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:29:29 PM

order 669, ordered 11/28/13

Still haven't received anything from them.

Looks like it sat around waiting for a vessel to the US, and then left the country on 2014/01/21, so in transit for about 8.5 weeks. Expected transit time for surface mail to the US is 6-10 weeks (up to a maximum of 13 weeks), so you should receive it within the next couple of weeks:)
You should warn people before they order that it can take FOUR months before they ever see their order, just a thought.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:34:44 PM

You should warn people before they order that it can take FOUR months before they ever see their order, just a thought.

Absolutely - we've since removed the surface mail shipping option, but when it was still on we tried to make the timelines clear during checkout in three distinct ways:

1. A reminder to read the delivery and returns policy when selecting a shipping method:

2. Timelines directly on each of the shipping methods when selecting them:

3. Making the customer tick a box to indicate they have read and agree with the delivery and returns policy before they can make payment:

The delivery and returns policy has now got a pretty blue flowchart (https://openrigs.com/information/information&information_id=6) that it didn't have when you placed your order, precisely because people seemed to forego reading the first two paragraphs.

medialab101

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:27:54 PM

Order ID: 1194

I ordered on December 28th 2013... That's right, 3 $%#& months ago and I still haven't received a product!!!

Useless to me now even if it did arrive.

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 03:08:56 AM

Order ID: 1194

I ordered on December 28th 2013... That's right, 3 $%#& months ago and I still haven't received a product!!!

Useless to me now even if it did arrive.

Whilst I sympathise with you, and I am truly sorry you had a bad experience, I must clarify this. You ordered in the middle of our holiday period, and agreed to the very prominently displayed holiday notice (listed on the form during checkout and still listed on our delivery and returns policy page). That notwithstanding, your item has shipped out to you using the extremely slow shipping method you selected.

medialab101

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:21:52 AM

You're an ass... choke on a dick  Angry
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 10:25:14 AM

You're an ass... choke on a dick  Angry

Wow, that's wholly unnecessary.

csa1234

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

O2-Protocol.com Carbon Offset DeFi

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 12:01:41 PM

Order ID: 953
Date Ordered: 09/12/2013
Tracking number: CN022187917ZA

OVER 5 MONTHS!!!! AND NOTHING!!!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUYS

I DEMAND A REFUND!!!

O2-Protocol.com
Carbon Offset DeFi
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 12:26:48 PM

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUYS

I DEMAND A REFUND!!!

You're definitely going to have to talk to Correo Paraguayo, from what I've read they have a worse postal system than we do. I can't even figure out where the tracking is on their website, best I can find is a tracking hook from trackitonline.ru - https://i.imgur.com/ykPBaXZ.png

Still, our standard terms are still in effect, if it goes past the maximum transit period for surface mail open a support ticket and we'll file for a refund and sort you out.

csa1234

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 02:20:54 AM

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUYS

I DEMAND A REFUND!!!

You're definitely going to have to talk to Correo Paraguayo, from what I've read they have a worse postal system than we do. I can't even figure out where the tracking is on their website, best I can find is a tracking hook from trackitonline.ru - https://i.imgur.com/ykPBaXZ.png

Still, our standard terms are still in effect, if it goes past the maximum transit period for surface mail open a support ticket and we'll file for a refund and sort you out.

guess what? I already talked to them, and you know what they said? All claims must be done by the Sender postal service, and they have nothing reigstered on their system. They looked at the whole database and nothing was found, they even went beyond that and looked into customs database and freighter incoming database as also as airfreght database, and there was nothing, zero!!

Unless... you put it on a big glass bottle and dropped to the ocean hoping to arrive to the Latin American coast and hoping some brazilian fisher will report it and pick up to local autorithies and from there to propper postal service.... frrr

I WANT A REFUND NOW

O2-Protocol.com
Carbon Offset DeFi
homburg

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:35:26 PM

Same here, order #1700 nothing received and many vague answers from support by a Thandiwe and some other people before her. One even proposing to pay more for a faster shipping claiming they would have collected the item at the custom and re-shipped it (that thanks god I didn't). Or scam to use customer money to build their mining farm (the CEO also runs a mining farm) or blatantly unprofessional. Stay away.

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 02:57:54 PM

Same here, order #1700 nothing received and many vague answers from support by a Thandiwe and some other people before her. One even proposing to pay more for a faster shipping claiming they would have collected the item at the custom and re-shipped it (that thanks god I didn't). Or scam to use customer money to build their mining farm (the CEO also runs a mining farm) or blatantly unprofessional. Stay away.

Your order has shipped and is on its way to Kyrgyzstan, I'm not sure I understand the problem. If Thandiwe offered that as a choice it could have been been because your order was at the docks waiting for a vessel bound for that destination. Either way, your order only handed to customs ~6 weeks ago and has only been in transit for a few weeks. As I'm certain you're aware, the shipping method you chose had the transit timeline listed on the shipping method, so going back and checking the email received with your order will clarify that.

x8008

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:01:20 PM

nothing but scam written all over this company
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:51:29 PM

nothing but scam written all over this company

How is it a scam when people (including myself) have received orders? I paid in BTC, it would have been easy to scam me. The only difference is I chose a faster shipping method and didn't expect delivery in a few days. I have had no dealings with this country or their postal system so I did not have high hopes of a fast delivery.
Personally, I would buy from again without hesitation but keep in mind the shipping times and processes.
The one thing I did get from all these complaint threads is a lengthy Never Trade With List.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:09:58 PM

I actually received mine 3 days before the 6 month day.  Hey fluffy, how come we didnt get the connect-it crimping tool?  Mines loose and is falling apart.  Its come so late, im going to reuse it for something more useful.
Xelpherpolis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:10:18 PM

I would not say this is a scam, but communication really needs to be improved.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 04:12:32 PM

I actually received mine 3 days before the 6 month day.  Hey fluffy, how come we didnt get the connect-it crimping tool?  Mines loose and is falling apart.  Its come so late, im going to reuse it for something more useful.

It should hold its form once it's put together - there isn't a crimping tool as the aluminium wall is too thick to work with.

Did you order with the nut-and-bolt kit? Because then you can also use that to secure it, or the other option is to use some epoxy if you want a permanent-ish hold without the "ugly" nuts and bolts:)

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:17:04 PM

It should hold its form once it's put together - there isn't a crimping tool as the aluminium wall is too thick to work with.

Did you order with the nut-and-bolt kit? Because then you can also use that to secure it, or the other option is to use some epoxy if you want a permanent-ish hold without the "ugly" nuts and bolts:)

Or use pop rivets on the underside.

I would not say this is a scam, but communication really needs to be improved.

In my experience, the communication was fine, always answered my emails in a decent amount of time. I had no complaints there.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
himmelsfaller2

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:50:07 PM

come on 6 month. we could buy an asic script miner by then. they told me 6-10 weeks at 07/01/2014 and then I got a shipping mail at the end of january. now it's almost 15 weeks....so I' wont mine with this, because by the time it may arrive it will be useless....
and I'll have an asic scrypt miner which has greater performance and needs not so much power.....
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 01:52:18 PM

come on 6 month. we could buy an asic script miner by then. they told me 6-10 weeks at 07/01/2014 and then I got a shipping mail at the end of january. now it's almost 15 weeks....so I' wont mine with this, because by the time it may arrive it will be useless....
and I'll have an asic scrypt miner which has greater performance and needs not so much power.....

Ah - are we going to traverse all the OpenRigs threads and have a different discussion in each? That's fine, we can do that.

Yours did not ship at the end of January, it went to customs at the end of January. Feel free to use the support system that you have not as-yet used to get details as to when yours left the country and what its tracking number is.

csa1234

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 02:20:37 PM

anda how about my claim? did you file a complain at the south African postal service?

O2-Protocol.com
Carbon Offset DeFi
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: