Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:21:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do in stagnant markets?  (Read 6685 times)
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:31:42 PM

Bitcoin breaking April's $250 ATH is very unlikely imo, we will need some major negative news (like an american ban, which seems more and more unlikely with latest developments)

$250 is not going to happen. $450 is right on when looking at the past.

American ban is not going to happen. Quite the opposite is happening and there is absolutely no reason why it will stop.

Like almost everyone else on here, you are simply talking your book.

With Bitcoin, everything is possible. This has been proven on upside and downside many times already. U think that the only extremes to come are upside extremes? If I had your confidence, I would be going all in....but I don't. So I won't.

I prefer to call it putting my money where my mouth is  Grin 

If I thought the 3rd leg down was still going to happen I would be waiting still. I am invested now because I believe it is the right moment to be so. Time will tell whether I am right or wrong.

Actually so far not everything is possible with Bitcoin, including the important point that after a bubble the price is left very significantly higher than it was in the run up, the lowest drop after the pop doesn't touch the run up price either, etc.

Of course I am basing my predictions on past performance - it is an important indicator and you have to start somewhere when trying to work out what is possible and what is not. I also try to take into account what's going on practically speaking such as adoption, government responses, etc. When I say that there is no reason for the positive momentum with the government in America to stop it's because I can't see one. Perhaps you could give me a good reason why you think America will ban Bitcoin? I haven't discovered one anywhere.

Can I ask in relation to looking at the historical charts, can't you see that $450 as a low is at least a reasonable proposition this time? Yes there will be swings up and down but can't you see that $750 is also a reasonable price at the moment? I'm talking about trying to read the mid to long term market of a couple of months to a couple of years, not trying to day trade a crash based on chance news.

If I may say I think you might be having a problem understanding Bitcoin's growth rate. I know the prices are jumping like mad but one of the earlier bubbles was far more extreme (it was just in dollars not 100s of dollars). My advice - and of course you are completely free to ignore it if you wish - is not to base your assessment on the linear price but to look at the logarithmic charts, to do some research about how many people may start using Bitcoin in some way or another next year, and to make a plan from now until the end of 2014 that involves one simple purchase and no day trading. You will have a good chance of success.  Smiley

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 11:44:41 PM

Stare at charts all day piecing together useless TA and tinfoil hat conspiracy theories while accomplishing absolutely nothing.

this has worked wonders for a gr8 many bitcoiners

YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 12:25:28 AM

Stare at charts all day piecing together useless TA and tinfoil hat conspiracy theories while accomplishing absolutely nothing.

Living the DREAM BABY! Living the dream!

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:07:34 AM

Living the DREAM BABY! Living the dream!

LMAO!

GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:19:41 AM

You hodl.

You hodl.

Be humble!
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 08:44:45 AM

I am so grateful that adblock takes away images as well lol Tongue Yey! The markets are coming back to life now! Should be interesting when next year gets back to normal and January starts properly.
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:51:00 AM

I have increased my holdings 40% since the beginning of December buying between $400-600. Been doing lots of buying low selling high.

Now that market has stabilized recently I have reverted to my buy and hold strategy, last buy orders went around $640.

I believe in Bitcoin long term so I'm staying in as much as possible.
Opsamk

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:30:53 PM

I wanted to ask any professional traders or people with more experience what they do when markets stop moving and there isn't much activity going on. I realise this is a pretty noobish question but I'm teaching myself how to buy in a disciplined way because I've found I always keep making life harder for myself by panic buying into an altcoin. Do you think it's a good idea to just hang back and observe the prices rather than just rush in and wait for a sensible low price to pop up or is it sometimes worth the risk if you think there's going to be a surge of buyers coming in?

For me I've found that a price rise never usually happen fast and when I buy in at what I think is a new low it always drops further meaning I have to wait longer in order to make any money but I don't like the idea of a price spike suddenly happening and me not being there for the profit taking. Sad
I wait for a big crash like this.

1GPsFkReoJi8isJk1Vyry7NVnL2qpaC9Ja

Feeling generous? Send me some bits Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: