Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:54:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm cashing out my bitcoins. Anyone else feeling a drop coming soon?***UPDATED**  (Read 5985 times)
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:57:48 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 11:58:10 PM by Edward50

Pulled all my alt-coin positions out and made about 50% profit gambling there over the last couple of weeks.

I feel a weakness throughout the market and think it will get worse. I think we will be heading into the 600's soon and then slowly into the 500's. With no end in sight really.

Anyone else feel the same?

UPDATE IS IN RED BELOW.
updated for the people saying I am always wrong.

I made a bad call this time about bitcoin, because the alt-coin market was going to crap, and I figured the bitcoin market was also. Just read my original post, I mentioned cashing out of the alt-coin market. I never traded bitcoins, only bought them to invest in alt-coins, so I never watched the bitcoin market.

I was right about the alt-coin market at the time, and cashed out before mostly everything fell. I cashed out on Nxtcoin at the peak of .00013 making over 20x my original investment at .00000500.
I got scammed and rebought in at .00009 before the source code release when the NXT cartel decided to peg the price at .00009 forcing me to buy in high. Then I sold out at .00007 and warned everybody at .00007 that I am cashing out at that point and why. Just an hour after I warned people on the forum the price dropped from .00007 to .00005. I got scammed here due to blatant price manipulation. But I still profited from my 20x rise.

However, the alt-coin market was failing because they have to share all the money being invested in them. Most of the crappy ones will fall, and only few will survive and it will only get worse.

Trust me, I am warning people away like crazy in the alt-coin community about the inevitable price collapses of many of the crap-cions, as the market is so tiny and they have to continually share any growth with all the others and all the new temporary hot ones coming out. Plus I try and let people know just how high the growth rate is on many of them which will inevitably make them fail in the tiny market.
 Trust me, many people don't like me over there, just like most don't like me here.  

There was a time you could have profited with alt-coins but you have to play it very smart. I never invested in bitcoins directly, I still have about 7 bitcoins from selling alt-coins, I sold very little of them as I basically decided to sell if they went under $675 and if it didn't just ride the wave up.

However, I did make a bad call here thinking the bitcoin market was tied with the alt-coin market, which it really isn't. Weakness over there does not mean bitcoin weakness. My mistake. I really should have made the title, "I'm cashing out my alt-coins".

Actually, the reason that bitcoin may have rose was because the alt-coin market is failing and people are putting their money back into bitcoins now. It has actually made it stronger! Which I failed to see.  

Just read some of my posts, I warned people in the Emark to cash out at .0003, and gave them good reason to. I already cashed out at .0004 after buying in at .0001. They gave me the same non-sense you guys give me that I don't know what I'm talking about. The Emark went down to .0002 and will go back to .0001 for sure.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310939.msg4294369#msg4294369

Look at me warn people from earth coin, only to have it fall over 25% from the warning.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399855.msg4331360#msg4331360

Just before saying I was "cashing out", I told people on here that the bitcoin price was going to $1000, as it did.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=378259.msg4054436#msg4054436
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=385523.msg4148790#msg4148790

So you guys may say I am always wrong, with a few understandable misjudgments, I am usually right. Yes I was stupid not buying bicoins at $2.00, but I still told everyone it was way overvalued from $30 to $2.00. Does that really make me always wrong because I didn't buy in at that time.

So in a way I was right again, cashing out of alt-coins before the inevitable collapse. Just shouldn't have posted here in the topic that I'm cashing out my bitcoins.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:01:09 AM

I can't stop laughing every single time you make one of those threads. It's just that it has been 2 1/2 years now, and things never change. Grin
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:01:58 AM

Seems like the OP needs to feel accepted in his forecasts.

I accept you.  Kiss

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Edward50 (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:21:25 AM

I'm just losing interest in this whole crypto currency thing. It was fun in 2011 after it peaked, fun in 2013 after it peaked.

However, I just lose interest as I find it unproductive to speculate.

Will put my stop-loss in at around $645. If it hits that I'm out, if it goes higher than I'll ride it higher.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:30:24 AM

No, papa bear. Buying. Just waiting for the banks to open so the transfer can go through. Bitcoin doesn't take days off, another reason to ditch the banks.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:31:14 AM

I'm just losing interest in this whole crypto currency thing. It was fun in 2011 after it peaked, fun in 2013 after it peaked.

Will put my stop-loss in at around $645. If it hits that I'm out, if it goes higher than I'll ride it higher.

How many times can someone cash out ffs?  Ed, nothing is certain with any investment.  If you can't accept that, you should cash out (for good), delete your account here, and stare at your bank account balance.  Fortune favors the brave, which you obviously are not.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:31:45 AM

Losing interest yet you are still here?

Suggestion: Go away?  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Edward50 (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:39:51 AM

Wow where is all this hate coming from  Huh.

This is speculation right or is it not? I am stating my position that I am cashing out.

Why can't you stop derailing my posts and discuss your position intelligently?

Just maybe your intuition is telling you the same and you don't want to admit it or hope to not believe it, so you attack me?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 05:41:33 AM

Who let the bear out?

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:46:52 AM

Ed, the problem here is that you are obnoxious. We all know your position, you pretty much know what most people here think. It's not a prediction or an analysis, it's just a regurgitation of what we have been through countless times already. It's one of those things where my first thought is "this again?".

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 05:53:04 AM

Everytime I feel a "drop" coming I have pretty much been wrong.  Once or twice I was right but did not really take advantage.

I have learned, only trying to trade a half a coin, that I cannot trade effectively.

So, yes you may be entirely right.  Or, you could be totally wrong?  Of course you have the right to try and take advantage of the swings if you can predict them.

Some of us have learned that it is just better to sit on what we have, or hodl as they say. Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:22:28 AM

Ed, the problem here is that you are obnoxious. We all know your position, you pretty much know what most people here think. It's not a prediction or an analysis, it's just a regurgitation of what we have been through countless times already. It's one of those things where my first thought is "this again?".
Actually, he went bull recently. Saw it with my own eyes.  Cheesy
ironstove

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Possibilities are limitless

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 08:19:58 AM

If anyone else feels the same way as you would it even make a difference? And what's your justification for believing the price is going to fall?

Just based on the past behavior of previous crashes or something different?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:29:15 AM

When disagreement = hate you know we are not dealing with a "bear".

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:19:18 AM

I wonder if the buyin target is still at $1 or you are braver this time and moved it to $2?

i am satoshi
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:58:20 AM

As I recall it was an uber optimistic $100 bottom he called.

(So you can be fairly sure it will never go below twice that Wink hehe)

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:14:55 PM

Really? 8000% Bitcoin price increase to ath in 2013 has been "unproductive" and not interesting for you?

Is bitcoin just a game you had fun watching and observing the volitality and now it got boring?

Im sorry but I find this view point illogical, unless you made massive losses in bitcoin investments then I would understand, which you say in your case you didn't.

YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 03:20:54 PM

I can't stop laughing every single time you make one of those threads. It's just that it has been 2 1/2 years now, and things never change. Grin

We really should backtest to see if Edward threads make a good indicator some day.....
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:25:16 PM

When the drops come http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeTwwgm6Vsc
zakalwe

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:29:48 PM