Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:55:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why so many airdrop programs?  (Read 1210 times)
Cryptomonyet (OP)

Activity: 1610
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:52:33 AM

Hello everybody  Grin

I want to ask something, why every day even every time a lot of airdrop programs that appear? I do not know where they came from and how they came, suddenly appeared. thanks
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:04:01 AM

Airdrops are meant to gain traders of their altcoins, to encourage someone to register to their website, free advertisement to their platform by means of retweeting or sharing on social medias, to gain thousands of supporters or to enlarge their social community on slack, discord or telegram, etc. Actually, that airdrop is an eye catcher to cryptocurrency's freelancers which as known as bounty hunters.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:11:21 AM

Hello everybody  Grin

I want to ask something, why every day even every time a lot of airdrop programs that appear? I do not know where they came from and how they came, suddenly appeared. thanks

Airdropping a small proportion of coins is a good way for a new project to develop publicity and interest. This is why airdrop conditions often include having to retweet or share social media posts.

The reason there are so many of them is really a good sign - there is a lot of interest in crypto now and a lot of new projects appearing every day.

Cryptomonyet (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:11:51 AM

Airdrops are meant to gain traders of their altcoins, to encourage someone to register to their website, free advertisement to their platform by means of retweeting or sharing on social medias, to gain thousands of supporters or to enlarge their social community on slack, discord or telegram, etc. Actually, that airdrop is an eye catcher to cryptocurrency's freelancers which as known as bounty hunters.

Oh, I see. lately I often see a lot of airdrop shared in facebook or twitter even telegram. it seems very popular
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:14:35 AM

Airdrop still remains to be one of the best and most efficient ways to attract more people to your project. Despite the fact that many people complain that airdrops just attract bounty hunters and bots, they still work pretty good.

Cryptomonyet (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:23:16 AM

Hello everybody  Grin

Airdropping a small proportion of coins is a good way for a new project to develop publicity and interest. This is why airdrop conditions often include having to retweet or share social media posts.

The reason there are so many of them is really a good sign - there is a lot of interest in crypto now and a lot of new projects appearing every day.

Is there any project that almost of their allocation just for airdrop ?
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:36:48 AM

Simply it's a cheap advertisement that attract tons of users from the poor countries. You can fill your Telegram group that way in 2 days, up to 50k users who will spam there and ask obvious questions with a weird hindish  Grin
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:37:22 AM

Most of the time, a project team wants to attract more people, so there will be drops.
For now, most airdrops are worthless.

Umuoji

Activity: 188
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:38:07 AM

It baffles me too,so many of them out there
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 09:50:50 AM

Everything depends on the total amount of ICOs. 2018 is the year of new ICOs, so it is normal that all the token sales starts with an airdrop for the community. I think that the amount of airdrops will increase in the next years.

Cryptomonyet (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:54:29 AM

Simply it's a cheap advertisement that attract tons of users from the poor countries. You can fill your Telegram group that way in 2 days, up to 50k users who will spam there and ask obvious questions with a weird hindish  Grin

You're right, airdrop has filled my telegram account now. I was so confused how to remove the group one by one. want to delete it but it seems important. lol, that's annoying moment  Grin Roll Eyes
pazzanegro

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 09:54:54 AM

Because many projects are running ICO and some of them decide to increase holder wallets number and make their coin/token more popular

GAMEHERO.APP CEO
aggress0r

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:58:21 AM

Airdrops are mainly used for advertising. When the fresh project appears how they can easily boost their marketing and influence? They seldom got budget for influencers and expensive means of promotion, so airdrop is the way to share their token for the promotion.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:58:35 AM

Hello everybody  Grin

Is there any project that almost of their allocation just for airdrop ?

There are quite a few like EOS, Stellar, Ethereum Classic and Byteball but if you're referring to most recent ICO's only a small percentage < 5% of the total supply is usually allocated to airdrops

Hughes_Ryan

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:59:55 AM

Hello everybody  Grin

Airdrop is something that can help promote the more popular ICO project. and the cost of airdrop advertising will be less than the cost of broadcasting on the site. That is my opinion
marcripto

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:02:15 AM

Airdrops have become the fashion of the moment, since the beginning of the year every day there are many. The problem is that most will not pay anything and only someone will give some tokens of little value. The reason for the birth of all these airdrops in my opinion is that they take advantage of the work of people to get publicity for free, because the majority as I repeat will not pay anything
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:05:16 AM

Airdrop is a way to advertise a project. But we don't really know if the airdrop is going to be done or not. And if the ICO is a scam or not. But with some luck, you can find a gem.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 10:08:22 AM

For project that is having ICO or already finished their ICO, I think Airdrop is the alternative for bounty, and it is way cheaper than doing bounty campaign.

aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:08:53 AM

As far as I can tell, airdrops are now a cheap and easy way to build community numbers for TG, TW and FB, which seems to be a significant factor in ICO scores.
Howard1102

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:08:58 AM

Hello everybody  Grin

Airdrop is used for ICOs, they spend a small amount of free coin donations per subscriber and participate in telegram and twitter tracking. They do so to create a community that constantly monitors and supports their projects
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: