Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:43:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Receive Airdrop by sending 0 Ether?  (Read 460 times)
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:44:08 AM

The cost of gas fees could have made the project developers adopt the self drop option. I have received many tokens with selfdrop and I don't have any issues with it.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:52:28 PM

Has anyone seen a crypto project where the devs distribute airdrops by asking people to send 0 ether? I have been involved in 2 of these types of airdrop but both failed, was dead, plan did not materialize. What would be someone's motivation in doing this kind of project?
I've been sending a lot of 0 ETH to airdrop campaign and I always get tokens of these airdrop campaign. But one important thing is that the tokens that I get are worthless tokens

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:06:38 PM

Has anyone seen a crypto project where the devs distribute airdrops by asking people to send 0 ether? I have been involved in 2 of these types of airdrop but both failed, was dead, plan did not materialize. What would be someone's motivation in doing this kind of project?
Lucky for you that the transaction did error which is a normal stuff because sending out 0 eth is a dumb thing yet the network needs gas for a tx to push through and the thing you should be concerned about is that why would devs need eth or asked about sending eth to them? Its a total fraud or scam and i have seen lots of it where there are still newbies do make such thing or being fooled out. You wont even know if those coins would gain value later on or would still end up dead or a shit coin.

Important rule on cryptoworld. - Dont trust anyone but yourself

cryptoherr

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:08:25 PM

in my opnion the airdrops where you have to send ether to receive the airdrop are a all just scams. In the beginning days of crypto no one had to send anything to recieve a airdrop lol

vertinfos

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:10:12 PM

I'll say this is usually scammers , but I had a case when I sent 0 ether tokens came to me, after 2 months I looked at how much they cost and they cost about 0.3 Ethereum
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:12:39 PM

Of recent such pattern of airdrop has paid off for me and it gas really being cool. I received Enumivo token by sending 0 ETH and later turn out to be cool project. A lot of them  came there  after like hydro, nobs, TOTO and all were cool.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
denis-z12

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:15:34 PM

Never send any money to receive an airdrop. The whole point of airdrops is to promote the campaign buy sending the community free tokens. Paying money for them is a sign of a possible scam.
Esterklu

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:16:16 PM

I did it once and will never repeat. I got coins, but as i see they are dead. Airdrops are free, no one has to pay for them.
matej451

Activity: 203
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:19:18 PM

I did some self drop but neither of them are on exchange. I will wait some time or for the first to get on exchange before making another one.
TYPEcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:47:47 AM

At your place I would avoid those things. Because if you have a lack of knowledge about what is going on there is a really big chance to get scammed and lost your money. Be aware of that.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: