Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:57:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Receive Airdrop by sending 0 Ether?  (Read 460 times)
jb0386 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 11:29:22 AM

Has anyone seen a crypto project where the devs distribute airdrops by asking people to send 0 ether? I have been involved in 2 of these types of airdrop but both failed, was dead, plan did not materialize. What would be someone's motivation in doing this kind of project?
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:38:41 AM

If someone asks you to send your money for the airdrop, this is fraud. The very meaning of airdrop is the free distribution of tokens. To receive them you may need to either fill out the form or register in the whitelist.
But do not send any money to anyone, do not give your passwords and specify not your main e-mail, as many projects are fraud. You will receive a lot of useless spam messages. Like "You won something - send us money and get a prize", "only you are offered a closed sale, send money and get a 100% bonus."
Do not believe this ever.
jb0386 (OP)

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 12:11:35 PM

If someone asks you to send your money for the airdrop, this is fraud. The very meaning of airdrop is the free distribution of tokens. To receive them you may need to either fill out the form or register in the whitelist.
But do not send any money to anyone, do not give your passwords and specify not your main e-mail, as many projects are fraud. You will receive a lot of useless spam messages. Like "You won something - send us money and get a prize", "only you are offered a closed sale, send money and get a 100% bonus."
Do not believe this ever.

Thanks. The one I joined though does not involve any substantial amount, just send 0 ether, so I guess just few cents to spare for the network cost and once you send it you will then receive the airdrop coins instantly. Mostly it will be around 3K coins something like that. Perhaps it's just some ambitious dudes who wants to initiate a project, they will generate coins using ethereum network create a contract and make an announcement to participate and once they see many participants that's the only time they will start in doing the project. Due to lack of knowledge and planning I bet mostly will fail but I am hoping to see someone finding a bit of success like being able to lunch a product, or create a whitepaper.
lafter

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 01:56:21 PM

I think you should stay away from such airdrop. An Erc-20 is created very simply, many people create altcoins for spam purposes and it does not have any value because it's not a project. There are a few sites that regularly update the airdrop such as airdropalert, airdrops.io ... you can join.
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 02:05:50 PM

The first rule is to never send any money for the expectation to receive something back in return. An airdrop is simply a marketing tool and a way to distribute the tokens for creating a community.

snegovsergey2

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:26:32 PM

Well, you don’t send money to anybody, the amount of ether is zero and sometimes such airdrops are not fraud. For example there was an ENU airdrop in February and now it costs almost 300$. Or another example – I participated in TowerBee airdrop today (its announcement is here https://t.me/TowerBee) and got 100 TBE tokens just by sending 0 ether
nata777

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:30:00 PM

I just got my tokens this way yesterday in this way. I think it's all done in order to verification your wallets
B.A.S.

Activity: 420
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:38:23 PM

It's not empty or it does not get airs. If you join 100 airdrops you get only 5-6 of them. I try to earn this way.
invincible49

Activity: 565
Merit: 268

Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:13:16 PM

Why don't you just stay away from those airdrops? Sending 0 ETH will also need you to pay the gas price. And even if you get such airdrop token, there is literally no guarantee that your token will worth anything. Airdrops are a very simple way to get so many followers on twitter and telegram. It's not that hard to create your own ERC20 based tokens and I think most of the airdrops campaigns are being launched solely on the purpose of making their communities bigger. This is a way many scammers are following. I got involved in an ICO named Uchit which has 50k telegram followers because they launched an airdrop campaign to attract bigger investors so that they can run away with millions. But thankfully they have been exposed.

Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:43:58 AM

I think you should stay away from such airdrop. An Erc-20 is created very simply, many people create altcoins for spam purposes and it does not have any value because it's not a project. There are a few sites that regularly update the airdrop such as airdropalert, airdrops.io ... you can join.

Majority of those erc-20 tokens are not successful. I may agree on that part. But there are still self-airdrops where you have to send just very small amount of ether or 0 ether and you'll gonna receive thousands of tokens. With limited time offer only before the ICO will launch. But then, just 1% to 2% only are being known, succeeds and being recognized.
snegovsergey2

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:49:12 PM

By the way, after reading this post I started to be interested in this question and found out some facts. Firstly, it is really a separate kind of airdrops called «selfdrop» and in fact you don’t pay anything excluding fees (here is something like the classification https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2998495.0). And secondly only some of these airdrops would be successful, but it’s enough for this kind of airdrop because you don’t spend much time on it. Also this year some of them were really successful - ENU and TOTO (here is the opinion https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4442207.0) and I am sure we will see another examples)
ICOBountyPrograms

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 09:07:13 PM

I participated in an airdrop that promises to match the amount of coins you purchased, they came through. I wouldn't send any ETH to anyone, and not sure how sending 0 ETH would work.

IGNITION (IC) Discord - Where it rains coins
---> Join the Ignition RainDrop NOW! <---  (https://discord.gg/qDWMcPK)
coolon

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:28:11 PM

Has anyone seen a crypto project where the devs distribute airdrops by asking people to send 0 ether? I have been involved in 2 of these types of airdrop but both failed, was dead, plan did not materialize. What would be someone's motivation in doing this kind of project?

Hello, yes, many of these met and I came across. Someone is asking to send 0.001 eth but in fact scam only collects money and their coin stays on memory. I do not participate in this.

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
Psychee

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:11:29 PM

there's no way even bitcoin falls faster than you realize that Socratus is a new life in the world of crypto
vicvicto17

Activity: 362
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:44:15 PM

That's a selfdrop i think there are developers who keep creating their coin and promote it online. Don't ever invest on ICO you don't really know what's the real value or real case of it. Better do you own research.
Jamescur

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:49:17 PM

Don't do this kind of airdrop!
Because you send 0ETH to the other party's wallet, you also need to pay the transfer fee!
This new way of airdrops makes the project side really achieve near zero cost.
Hoenya

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:50:28 PM

well, i think that you shoylx do whatever you find ot necessary, so i think that you should listen to your intuition and move on

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Hoenya

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:51:30 PM

Don't do this kind of airdrop!
Because you send 0ETH to the other party's wallet, you also need to pay the transfer fee!
This new way of airdrops makes the project side really achieve near zero cost.
i think i can not give any kind of advice here, it is better for you to know bt yourdelspf and to makrpe conclusion and research

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Nimbusrf

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:51:44 PM

I believe that it was a Scam and they just collected information about you.
owmivmen

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:53:23 PM

I do not understand the airdrop problem but the airdrop that uses the eth 0 system is very much and it's very easy in my opinion. no need to fill out the form.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: