Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:48:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will you do when the Bitcoin ecosystem SHRINKS?  (Read 2424 times)
t1000

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:40:10 AM

as we know, bitcoin is growing at the moment, albeit slowly.

but nothing lasts forever, so just like myspace and facebook, one day people will abandon bitcoin to go to another system e.g. fiat money.

what will you do then?

For there to be another big currency that people would jump to that currency would have to have the same capital level bitcoin does, currently no other crypto currency has 11 million coins in circulation.

Smiley

Well, Feathercoin has 28 million, some stupid canine coin certainly has more than 11 million.

Did you find my posts helpful? Did I say say something nice? Your generosity is much appreciate.
BTC: 1G7chBLoYqGfdyfkrox53yDn6sS65PgFYk
LTC: LiYeFdbv5oxin9S3Wmn4v84LuGZ9nsE4XZ
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:30:12 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 03:50:31 AM by BTCisthefuture

Not sure how you could compare spending/receiving/saving  money to something like facebook.  Not even close to the same thing.

People don't get "bored" of spending money or receiving money or saving money.  The hype and attention around bitcoin would certainly go down as it became a more common thing, just like online shopping or a place accepting debit cards isn't a big deal anymore.  But as far as people getting bored with shopping or running businesses or saving money ,  thats not going to happen.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
zagerfish

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:47:16 AM

In theory, if a new technology or coin came out that would clearly make bitcoin absolute, the value of bitcoins could plunge to zero, as everyone tries to get off the boat.

Or if the US and EU decide to ban merchants from accepting it.

Everyone seems to be in denial that this could indeed happen.

That risk is just part of the bitcoin gamble. 

black_swan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:50:58 AM

zagerfish if the EU or US ban it the price will drastically collapse to 2 digits, if not 1.
Is that a real possibility you factor in? Isn't it too drastic?
I see tax, regulation and accountability but not a complete ban
MrPalmer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:57:07 AM

What will I do?  Same thing I'm doing now.  Develop my understanding of crypto, and wait to see how it pans out.  This is a long play.  Even if the ecosystem shrinks, it will grow in other ways, and being able to adapt will determine the longterm success.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: