Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:29:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER/RPI/CGMINER  (Read 6051 times)
phoenixsilverbird (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:41:15 PM

I am interested in running 4 antminer u1 on my raspberry pi.
It states that they require CGminer, and a certain driver.

Please can somebody explain how I can set up the special cgminer version for these found here: https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1/tree/master/cgminer

The driver I can handle, but I have no clue how to install this CGminer on RPI. If anyone can help, I'm a newbie.

Thanks!

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1633

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 09:49:50 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 10:54:59 PM by ckolivas

The antminers have to run on the tplink router that's included with them and the software is built in. There is no point trying to build the software yourself to run on anything else.

Cancel that. I didn't see it was the U1 as Nwoolls just pointed out.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 10:43:42 PM

The antminers have to run on the tplink router that's included with them and the software is built in. There is no point trying to build the software yourself to run on anything else.

The AntMiner U1?

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
phoenixsilverbird (OP)

BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:59:26 PM

Yes, 4 of the antminer U1.

How can I make them work with rPi?

rostbiffen

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:22:06 AM

Yes, 4 of the antminer U1.

How can I make them work with rPi?

i am also interested in this, i wait for my U1:s to arrive so i cant try it myself.

try download cgminer from this link using GIT:
https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer

after that, try to compile it youself, what i have heard there is not so big changes in this forked version of cgminer so hopefully this will work.

nwoolls

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 12:58:59 AM

Cancel that. I didn't see it was the U1 as Nwoolls just pointed out.

Whew! I have one coming this week and thought I missed some special hardware. Thanks for clearing that up  Grin

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
phoenixsilverbird (OP)

BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:14:20 AM

From what I've heard recently, I might not even break even if I buy and mine with the A1s

nwoolls

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 01:22:52 AM

From what I've heard recently, I might not even break even if I buy and mine with the A1s

There is absolutely no hardware that you can purchase today and receive within a week that will break even in the BTC paid for it (and AFAIK never has been as far as ASICs are concerned).

bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:05:06 PM

There is absolutely no hardware that you can purchase today and receive within a week that will break even in the BTC paid for it (and AFAIK never has been as far as ASICs are concerned).

FWIW, my October KNC Saturn has returned and then some!!  13BTC and counting.

Edit:  Reread and you may be correct.  I always buy stuff in fiat then convert to BTC.  So if BTC was $200 at purchase, then no it has probably not returned BTC.
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 04:22:27 PM

Edit:  Reread and you may be correct.  I always buy stuff in fiat then convert to BTC.  So if BTC was $200 at purchase, then no it has probably not returned BTC.

I also said hardware that you can buy now, that ships now. Not hardware that you wait and see what the difficulty is when you receive it, if you receive it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: