Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:46:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guiminer not detecting 2nd graphics card  (Read 1376 times)
Lars (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 10:08:22 PM

I just got a 2nd 5970 installed, but guiminer will only let me use two cores for mining. All four cores correctly appear in my device manager, as well as in other tools such as MSI Afterburner. I can get both cards to work individually.

Anyone got any ideas/tricks I can try to get all 4 cores working?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 02:00:31 AM

Not even close to enough info on your part.....

Windows ? Linux ? Dummy Plugs ? Bueller ?

Jezzz

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:56:26 PM

Yeah.  Need more info. 

However, cgminer is very good at detecting multiple gpus and setting the best options for them automatically.  You could try that.
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 04:48:18 AM

guiminer means he's most likely running windows. if he's running the latest drivers, he won't need dummy plugs to detect 2nd card.
st4rdust

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 06:01:00 PM

Have you got a monitor plugged into your second card? If not, you at least need a "dummy plug" connected to one of its outputs, otherwise the 2nd card will not show up in your mining client. I'm not exactly sure why this is, but I believe it has something to do with the card powering down when it is not tasked with any graphic output workloads.

If you should choose to pity me -14GLjCUE7ohxRLvwZD2sfjKjf22Lt3UHip
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: