Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:42:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to GPU mine on a Xbox One  (Read 25439 times)
PolkRB

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 07:02:23 AM

My fish mine for me, pretty much the only reason I bought asics was to warm my fish tank. I was using a 400W and a 350W heater in it anyway, so I replaced those for some asics.
that's a great idea.  i remember the guy that used a rig to heat his washroom's underfloor radiant heating, and thought that was genius too.  my plecos need a few gpus!

Back on topic, dont the Xbox and PS4 use an APU rather than a true GPU? So it would be difficult to compare it directly to a 7850 or 7870. I guess we will have to try mining on them and find out. My bet would be mining on the Steam Machine, it actually has a dedicated GPU, an R9 270 iirc.

steam machineS: there are 13 different models @ launch:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/01/07/the-prices-and-specs-of-every-steam-machine-announced-so-far-from-500-to-6000/

Looks like first Xbox 13 years ago.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:03:48 AM

My fish mine for me, pretty much the only reason I bought asics was to warm my fish tank. I was using a 400W and a 350W heater in it anyway, so I replaced those for some asics.
that's a great idea.  i remember the guy that used a rig to heat his washroom's underfloor radiant heating, and thought that was genius too.  my plecos need a few gpus!

Back on topic, dont the Xbox and PS4 use an APU rather than a true GPU? So it would be difficult to compare it directly to a 7850 or 7870. I guess we will have to try mining on them and find out. My bet would be mining on the Steam Machine, it actually has a dedicated GPU, an R9 270 iirc.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/01/07/the-prices-and-specs-of-every-steam-machine-announced-so-far-from-500-to-6000/

I lost all faith in that article at this point:

"You have someone like me, a console gamer, thinking that these rigs are obviously meant for PC players who are familiar with all these brands, care about advanced specs like this, and are used to paying premiums for PCs"

I didn't know there were different models though, mayhaps steam machine rigs are the way to go.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:05:23 AM

I lost all faith in that article at this point:

"You have someone like me, a console gamer, thinking that these rigs are obviously meant for PC players who are familiar with all these brands, care about advanced specs like this, and are used to paying premiums for PCs"

I didn't know there were different models though, mayhaps steam machine rigs are the way to go.
it's Forbes:  they don't even know how to report on bitcoin lol

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: