Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:56:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legitimate Threats, Legitimate Demands  (Read 5475 times)
NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 05:38:36 PM

AyeYo, I can't see what you say because you are on ignore. I assume it's something sarcastic or insulting. If you want to waste your time talking to someone that doesn't read what you write, carry on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 05:39:54 PM

The current system IS voluntary.  You can leave any time you wish.  No one is forcing you to stay.  If you don't like paying the taxes, are unhappy with the services, or just want a change of scenery, you're free to go.

It's tough for him to swallow that truth. It's much more fun for him to think of himself as a rebel and an independent thinker.

EDIT: bitcoin2cash, now you can see what he said, as I quoted it for you. Wink
NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 05:41:59 PM

EDIT: bitcoin2cash, now you can see what he said, as I quoted it for you. Wink

Now you're ignored. Congratulations.
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 05:43:22 PM

I guess your beliefs are safer if nobody disagrees with you.
jgraham

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

<Pretentious and poorly thought out latin phrase>

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:05:00 PM

There is a nice way to put what you said. You're claiming that my views are only opinions, not facts. I agree with that. There's what is known as the is-ought gap. There's no fact about whether or not you should engage me in debate or simply shoot me in the head to get what you want. However, once you agree to certain ground rules, it logically follows that taxation and other forms of involuntary interactions aren't legitimate.

Kind of sugar coating the truth.  The set of rules which force the conclusion that "taxation is wrong" includes the rule "taxation is wrong".  The problem,  isn't finding a set of premises which force some conclusion.  It's getting a set of premises which are mutually agreed on which force a conclusion.

I can prove to you that stealing is wrong but once you agree that it is, you have to abandon taxation.
Let's see if I can tell you bitcoin2cash's argument.   Well obviously it's going to head toward taxation === stealing.

Which will of course require the definition of "stealing".   Let's take a stab at that - maybe something like. Stealing is taking something which doesn't belong to you?   Which of course brings us to the definition of the term "belong".  Which is, as others have mentioned outside of crazy religious ideas is purely a social construct.  Ok now we have a problem.  Since it's a social construct it's the result of what people agree to however clearly not everyone can have a completely different idea as to what ownership is.  Clearly everyone's ideas of this are not the same.  bitcoin2cash has to believe that 'belong' means any and all rights are his/hers.  Except the right to harm (in various ways) other people or their property and he has to believe that every other persons beliefs are incorrect.  Now again this belief probably can't be proved.  I'm sure s/he will call it "axiomatic".  So this belief has to be irrational.  

What did I used to say about bitcoin2cash - that all s/hes doing is wrapping is presuppositions in his definitions?  Also known as begging the question.

I guess your beliefs are safer if nobody disagrees with you.

I think this clarifies our points.   Despite much fanfare how the ignore-athon is about curbing insults.   That is the use of invective.    It's actually about wanting to shut out ideas you don't like.   Let me be clear that bitcoin2cash has every right, in my book to avoid talking about things he is uncomfortable talking about - however he has no right to lie about why he's doing it.

I'm rather good with Linux.  If you're having problems with your mining rig I'll help you out remotely for 0.05.  You can also propose a flat-rate for some particular task.  PM me for details.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: