Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:11:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoin 1.01 Released  (Read 7540 times)
ohforf

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

we are legion

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 08:48:49 PM

Looks like Solidcoin has surged by 20% in less than 15 minutes,lol.

Sweet it is almost at 0.01 BTC already

High:   0.01080000  Tongue

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 08:58:08 PM

Looks like Solidcoin has surged by 20% in less than 15 minutes,lol.

Sweet it is almost at 0.01 BTC already

High:   0.01080000  Tongue
Last Price: 0.01200000 Cheesy
Crs

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:35:04 PM

0.017 btc/sc
Interesting. Very interesting.  Wink
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:40:42 PM

The linux downloads at http://solidcoin.info only contain links to the solidcoind daemon, the full client is not there.
The sources for the full client do not compile under linux...

So, effectively there is no solidcoin client for linux available.

Also, when you create tar's, zip's, ect, never have them extract their contents into the current path. It's common courtesy to have everything uncompress into a sub folder so you don't tar bomb someones home directory.

+1
Detritus speaks the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (not that it would matter, hah).

+1
Cant be compiled in Gentoo nor in Kubuntu. Please, use a sub folder with version number in your zip's 

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 10:07:53 PM

Too rich for me.  I'm out @ .014XXXXX.  If it gets back down to the .007 range, I'll be back in though.

Mousepotato
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 01:03:49 AM

It builds fine for me on linux. Make sure you build and install wxwidgets-2.9.2 with no options disabled. SolidCoin uses a feature that bitcoin doesn't.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 01:26:02 AM

I must say I am very very intrigued by how this is all playing out.

Can the CoinHunter give us more details on whether there is a team or just one person behind Solidcoin?
What is Solidcoins attitude towards Bitcoins?
How were the changes made to original Bitcoins source code, and what lead to you the changes that have been made in the solidcoin client.

It is also interesting that you made the amount much smaller than Bitcoins in order to somehow "beat it" out of it's value. I will be watching  Smiley.
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 01:56:16 AM

Kill all the keylogger processes? Turn off the keylogger? Really, a keylogger could steal your bank password as well, so turn those things off.

lol I suspect he was just testing his own security :-D  Hoping I guess that somehow a keylogger wouldn't pick up his info.

Oh btw... do keyloggers just catch the keycode or do they catch the character?  The reason I ask is if someone used say one of the DVORAK layouts or that other semi-big one, I know it would be tough to ramp up for just this purpose, but would it be any safer? since as I recall the key codes don't change just the interpretation of them changes.  So a DVORAK typer could have his password key logged, but it would be complete jibberish on the other end unless they used other keyboard layout formats to test against, not that that would be very hard mind you...

Keyloggers catch scancodes and the text as it comes out say (WM_CHAR) . The good ones also log screenshots around the mouse on clicks to catch visual password entering. The best thing to do is make sure your system is clean because once something is on it they are capable of getting anything.

^ used to work in anti-virus industry. Smiley

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
huayra.agera

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:51:30 AM

Just a question, what is the current difficulty of SC? Or how do I check it through the Client? Thanks!

BTC: 1JMPScxohom4MXy9X1Vgj8AGwcHjT8XTuy
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:52:28 AM

What does the solidcoin network do differently to reduce latency and how does this scale better than bitcoin? Otherwise 3 minutes is provably less secure than 10 minutes by orders of magnitude.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
Jimmy2011

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 04:52:22 AM

I just want to know what is the generation curve in solidcoin?
Could you please draw and provide the generation curves for SC, ix, i0, namecoin and bitcoin?
Thanks in advance!

wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 05:14:59 AM

It builds fine for me on linux. Make sure you build and install wxwidgets-2.9.2 with no options disabled. SolidCoin uses a feature that bitcoin doesn't.

In other words, "Debian users, get lost." That automatically means not only will I not be running SolidCoin, but none of the Linux users I know personally will...

This fork seemed rather interesting until I decided to try it and promptly hit that issue.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 05:15:59 AM

This fork seemed rather interesting until I decided to try it and promptly hit that issue.
Correct me if I'm wrong but bitcoin uses wxwidgets-2.9 as well.
wolftaur

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 05:21:35 AM

It may have that statically linked in the distributed binary, but there's only a server version precompiled for Linux for SolidCoin... If I want to directly interact with it I have to compile from source.

Which happens to be something that would waste most of a day if I have to go track down that many version dependencies to build the absolute latest version of wxWidgets.

To say nothing of the potential conflict annoyances I get with how many of the distribution packages then need to be overridden.

If he's going to make the package extremely time-consuming and difficult to self-compile on a very commonly used distribution, he shouldn't be refusing to give binaries for it...

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 05:56:05 AM

It may have that statically linked in the distributed binary, but there's only a server version precompiled for Linux for SolidCoin... If I want to directly interact with it I have to compile from source.

Which happens to be something that would waste most of a day if I have to go track down that many version dependencies to build the absolute latest version of wxWidgets.

To say nothing of the potential conflict annoyances I get with how many of the distribution packages then need to be overridden.

If he's going to make the package extremely time-consuming and difficult to self-compile on a very commonly used distribution, he shouldn't be refusing to give binaries for it...

He is refusing?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

wolftaur

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:09:52 AM

He is refusing?

Poor word choice on my part. "Neglecting" would likely be more accurate.

ohforf

Activity: 327

we are legion

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:25:02 AM

Dont worry, updated binaries are coming soon.  Cool

▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀
wolftaur

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:27:05 AM

Dont worry, updated binaries are coming soon.  Cool

Woot! *crosses fingers*

sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 07:44:52 AM

He is refusing?

Poor word choice on my part. "Neglecting" would likely be more accurate.

"Doesn't know how to" Would be more accurate. It's not realistic to expect one man with no backup to do everything. You lot are using a fork of bitcoin forked by one person who doesn't have the required skill to support all platforms, who doesn't have the support of others should he be unable to continue, or the good will to get the bitcoin core developers on his side because bitcoin is already better in every respect that matters.

Everyone starts innocent and naive, sadly it's impossible to learn from other people's mistakes. Don't gamble more than you can afford to lose.
sharky112065

Activity: 383

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 08:29:29 AM

This looks really promising. I like the shorter time for blocks. I'm just wondering if it is still a hinderance to businesses adopting it (Visa/MC is instantaneous). And I like that the difficulty adjusts quicker.

Also after installing the client and running it, I had to wait for it to download 20K+ blocks. New users are gonna be going WTF? Is there a way to maybe periodically distribute with the block chain, or would that create a security risk?

Donations welcome: 12KaKtrK52iQjPdtsJq7fJ7smC32tXWbWr
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: