Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:16:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HAL 10K - Bitcoin PHP trading bot  (Read 24295 times)
yahma

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:26:46 PM

I left the bot running all night with default settings and I've lost almost 20% of the amount I had. Apparently it's selling low and buying high, always:

https://i.imgur.com/0SKCo7m.jpg

What should I change in the settings to stop this behaviour? Is there any reason for this?

Can't say for sure, but it looks like a lag due to the order-queue/lag at Gox is causing your trades to be delayed slightly, which is enough to cause serious problems.  It does look like the bot is trying to buy when the short MA crosses over the long MA, and vice versa.. just by the time the trade executes its too late.
intrd (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 07:59:12 PM

Hey people,
I'm creating the v2.3 HAL w/ some new features, one of which is the MACD analysis, however.. I need some way of getting data from the last 26 days and the maximum of bitcoincharts returns is about two days..
does anyway to solve this problem or can i do the MACD basing in a shorter time different EMA pattern of "12-day - 26-day"?

HAL 10K @ Bitcoin PHP trading & helper bot featuring EMA Short/Long crossover | Paper trading | Backtesting w/ BitcoinCharts raw data | Twitter notifications and much more: http://dann.com.br/hal-10k-php-trading-helper-bot/
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 08:03:06 PM

I'm workin on MACD right now,
I have not started integrating btce and vircurex, It would be great if you could help integrate these other exchanges..

Nice project! I would like to help out if I can.  What is the current status of BTC-e and Vircurex api?

HAL 10K @ Bitcoin PHP trading & helper bot featuring EMA Short/Long crossover | Paper trading | Backtesting w/ BitcoinCharts raw data | Twitter notifications and much more: http://dann.com.br/hal-10k-php-trading-helper-bot/
yahma

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:07:47 AM

I'm workin on MACD right now,
I have not started integrating btce and vircurex, It would be great if you could help integrate these other exchanges..

Nice project! I would like to help out if I can.  What is the current status of BTC-e and Vircurex api?

Will look into it. BTW, tried running it on my rasp-pi and it works for the most part (chart rendering is slow), except when the chart becomes longer than 1 day, then PHP hits the cpu limit time when rendering through pChart API.  I might look into replacing the server side chart rendering with something client-side (ie. Javascript).
yahma

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:09:16 AM

Hey people,
I'm creating the v2.3 HAL w/ some new features, one of which is the MACD analysis, however.. I need some way of getting data from the last 26 days and the maximum of bitcoincharts returns is about two days..
does anyway to solve this problem or can i do the MACD basing in a shorter time different EMA pattern of "12-day - 26-day"?

Suppose you could use 12-min / 26-min (or 12-hour / 26 hour) MACD for intra-day trading.
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 01:15:22 AM

At the chart.php i've created a trick to optimize graph generation,
just turn on "$pular" and the graph is rendered discarding useless information..
but surely it would be better to generate the graph client side..
(I'm planing run HAL at my Pi too..)

About macd, finishing here..
thanks @yahma and @whydificult for the tips..

Code:
 $control=(count($F1)*12)/100;
 $control2=(count($F1)*1)/100;
 $pular=false;

Will look into it. BTW, tried running it on my rasp-pi and it works for the most part (chart rendering is slow), except when the chart becomes longer than 1 day, then PHP hits the cpu limit time when rendering through pChart API.  I might look into replacing the server side chart rendering with something client-side (ie. Javascript).

yahma

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:55:21 AM

At the chart.php i've created a trick to optimize graph generation,
just turn on "$pular" and the graph is rendered discarding useless information..
but surely it would be better to generate the graph client side..
(I'm planing run HAL at my Pi too..)

About macd, finishing here..
thanks @yahma and @whydificult for the tips..

Code:
 $control=(count($F1)*12)/100;
 $control2=(count($F1)*1)/100;
 $pular=false;

Will look into it. BTW, tried running it on my rasp-pi and it works for the most part (chart rendering is slow), except when the chart becomes longer than 1 day, then PHP hits the cpu limit time when rendering through pChart API.  I might look into replacing the server side chart rendering with something client-side (ie. Javascript).

@initrd:  Have you thought about using ta-lib (technical analysis library)?  There is a PHP/PECL extension. Might save you the time from having to re-write each technical analysis function you want to use (ie. SMA, EMA, MACD, etc)
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 06:58:01 AM

Client side charts done! macd almost..

@initrd:  Have you thought about using ta-lib (technical analysis library)?  There is a PHP/PECL extension. Might save you the time from having to re-write each technical analysis function you want to use (ie. SMA, EMA, MACD, etc)

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 04:31:15 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 06:46:59 PM by intrd

IMG Link: https://i.imgur.com/LSsmiYK.png
v2.3 almost ready..

nous

Activity: 63

Across the Universe

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:30:48 PM

First of all, thanks for making this tool open source. I believe that with enough feedback from its users you'll deliver a solid final product. I'm using it right now on linux at paper mode, testing to see how it goes, using the settings woutie70 reported as "perfect".

The least I can do is provide a good start_hal10k.sh for UNIX-like systems:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

#export HTROOT=/srv/http/bitcoin/hal10k

[ $HTROOT ] || { echo "Please, edit $(basename ./$0) and set the correct HTROOT path."; exit 1; }

while true; do
    echo Start time is: $(date)
    cd $HTROOT
    php start.php
done

I'll leave hal10k (what a cool name, BTW) running all night and report back with the results.
yahma

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:43:24 PM

Nice! Looks like you moved it over to HighCharts/HighStocks javascript charting.
nous

Across the Universe

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:48:39 PM

I left the bot running for 20 hours, using the settings of woutie70. Here's the data of the last transaction and the accompanying chart. The initial $fake_btc_balance was set to 2.

*** Processing order...array ( 8 )
  ["type"]=> string(3) "ask"
  ["amount"]=> float(1.8646517758757)
  ["price"]=> string(9) "952.99500"
  ["datetime"]=> string(19) "2014-01-12 20:12:07"
  ["prem"]=> string(6) "profit"

The results are not very encouraging, but I'll do another overnight run with the default settings from github and see how it goes. intrd, please push the new chart code to the repo, as pChart isn't very legible after a few hours.
yahma

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:21:55 PM

I left the bot running for 20 hours, using the settings of woutie70. Here's the data of the last transaction and the accompanying chart. The initial $fake_btc_balance was set to 2.

https://i.imgur.com/ExkKsdm.png

The results are not very encouraging, but I'll do another overnight run with the default settings from github and see how it goes. intrd, please push the new chart code to the repo, as pChart isn't very legible after a few hours.

Did you ever perform another overnight run?
nous

Across the Universe

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:24:18 PM

Did you ever perform another overnight run?

As a matter of fact, I've left the bot running since my last post. It started at 2 BTC and again slowly lowered to 1.7 overnight. Now it is at 1.919 but I can't see the graph as I'm running it on an old Pentium 3 and it times-out drawing it.

Anyway, it clearly needs tweaking, but presently I don't have much free time to devote.
shark255

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:45:40 PM

is this tread alive ? any news about your bot ?
patriot1889

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:20:48 PM

Yeah, what is going on with this?

Thought maybe pushover notifications could be added to this? I can put that in if you like? Smiley

I was looking at writing my own in PHP but seeing as this one already exists it would be mighty silly Tongue
Interested to know what is happening Smiley

A
jontstaz

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:48:23 AM

My bot keeps timing out on the trades. What's going wrong??

"*** Order timeoout! canceled.."

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 04:04:34 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 04:41:25 AM by intrd

Hey guys, unfortunately I'm Goxxed and lost a lot of money..
All my HAL10k trading profits were frozen in MTGox, i'm discouraged and stopped hal10k development.

Now i will try to return w/ this..
The version v2.3 was really amazing, but never published..

Which exchanges(w/ a good API) you recommend to start the new HAL10k? BTC-e? Stamp? Vircurex?
This time I'll try to create it modular so that easily applies at any exhange.

ijl53

Activity: 64

CyptoLong

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:19:29 AM

Btc-e and then bitstamp! you ill have to tweak the bot though, profits on btc-e and stamp will not be as high as on gox.

drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:04:32 AM

Hey guys, unfortunately I'm Goxxed and lost a lot of money..
Really sorry to hear that.

Good that you caught yourself, and recreated motivation:

Now i will try to return w/ this..
Yeah!

Go go go :-)

The version v2.3 was really amazing, but never published..
Which exchanges(w/ a good API) you recommend to start the new HAL10k? BTC-e? Stamp? Vircurex?
This time I'll try to create it modular so that easily applies at any exhange.

I would work with any currency pair, right? 

Here's your list :-)
https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/info

though, profits on btc-e and stamp will not be as high as on gox.

How come?

no sign of a signature
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: