Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:35:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: HAL 10K - Bitcoin PHP trading bot  (Read 24295 times)
intrd (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 10:15:40 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2015, 05:21:22 PM by intrd

HAL 10K - Bitcoin PHP trading bot

* Official post -> HAL 10K @ PHP Bitcoin trading & helper bot
* GitHUB stable Source code
* Bitcointalk announcemnt thread

After losing some money on Bitcoin exchanges, I decided to develop my own Trading bot/helper. This bot acts with pre-defined parameters based on statistics/strategies and not with the emotion of the moment, so it's much easier to perform trading operations.

HAL10K is a Bitcoin trading/helper bot written in PHP (open source). It was developed to be used on the API MtGox, but can be easily adapted to other exchanges. Their decisions are based on customizable parameters and trading techniques for market analysis. It also works in semi-automatic mode, in which each loss(stop-loss) asks via Twitter for remote confirmation of a bot operator. Besides the "Live Trading" so it also runs simulations "Backtesting/Paper trading" using "Fake Balance" and historical raw data from Bitcoincharts.com. All bot actions(buying/selling) and alerts(high volume detected) are notified via Twitter. Log results is accompanied by HTTP Control panel where the bot displays its own performance chart panel.

HAL10K was developed "from scratch", without taking basis of existing algorithms/trading techniques. This project is a learning exercise on Trading/Economics for me, when started this project my experience was limited in programming and Bitcoin. Yes, I'm already getting real profits with this trading bot, and the idea of ​​Open Source assumed that sharing experiences, together we can greatly improve the algorithm and achieve even greater profits.

Please, do not go to the Live trading before mastering the paper trading.
The author of this project and its contributors are not responsible for any losses.

WEB Control panel & console
Daemon

Live statistics, "Sudden" and "Death mode" remote control.

####Backtesting sample

Code:
Period: 21/12/2013 até 27/12/2013      
Starting w/ 1.03161308 BTC @ 700    
$ask [btc0/usd:699.43] @ $678 (lucro) #transaction  
$bid [btc1.07/usd:0] @ $649.43505 (lucro) #transaction  
$ask [btc0/usd:721.03] @ $672.513 (lucro) #transaction  
$bid [btc1.08/usd:0] @ $665.41 (lucro) #transaction    
$ask [btc0/usd:775.37] @ $718.795 (lucro) #transaction  
$bid [btc1.14/usd:0] @ $679.995 (lucro) #transaction    
$ask [btc0/usd:795.73] @ $701 (lucro) #transaction  
$bid [btc1.14/usd:0] @ $701 (nulo) #transaction    
Ending w/ 1.14 BTC @ 701

####Trading bot EMA Short/Long Crossover based

Perfect for high frequency trading, better than simple trading method

Twitter notifications sample

Bot notifying your operator a large volume that just happened;
Bot requesting help on Stop-Loss decision;
Bot informing a purchase(loss) made ​​starting from a Sudden Mode remote command, Buying 1.03BTC when the value of btc/usd was at 830USD.

Main features & configs
* Exchanges
  * MTGox API (MTGox app data. If you do not have access to the API gox, visit: https://www.mtgox.com/security and create your key (with read/write));
* Text result logs
* Audible beeps when running transactions (differentiated for profits/losses)
* Trading parameters
   - up_diff - (sell) points profit (in USD) above the purchase price;  
   - up_diff_inv - (sell) stop loss (in USD) below the purchase price;
   - down_diff - (buy) points profit (in USD) below the selling price;    
   - down_diff_inv - (buy) stop loss (in USD) above the selling price;    
   - percentual - Minimum percentage of profit on the purchase (Use the current fee applied by MtGox);    
   - secure_ticker - Security value that prevents the bot to make sales below a certain value;  
   - emacross - Turn on EMA crossover method (if emacross=true, Simple Market Direction Method automatically is turned off);
   - emaShort - EMA short period(in seconds) for EMA crossover method;
   - emaLong - EMA long period(in seconds) for EMA crossover method;
   - emaDiff - EMA difference between short and long crossover;
   - last_two_orders - Base next move on the last two transactions value;
   - interval - Bot loop interval (in seconds);  
   - timeout - Timeout in seconds for completion of the bid/ask;  
   - sudden_mode - When active, the bot makes a purchase at the sale price, or a sale at the purchase price. Used only when there is a need for immediate order processing. It will be disabled after the order is processed; (ATTENTION)      
   - reverse_prices - Same as Sudden, but definite. It will never turned off; (ATTENTION)    
   - manualstoploss - When active, in every action stop-loss requests remote confirmation of the bot operator; (ATTENTION)    
   - dire - Amount of past intervals used in the identification of market direction;  
   - dire_limbo - Minimum variation (in USD) to define whether the direction is out of limbo or not (limbo: when the bot still trying to set the direction of the market);    
   - vol_limbo - Minimum volume (in USD) to consider an abnormal change at the volume of an interval to another;    
Backtesting
   - fake - Turns on/off simulation (backtesting); (ATTENTION)
   - paper - Paper trading is simulation with Real Live Tickers but w/ fake money balance. (If Paper trading is true, $fake needs to be defined to "true")
   - fake_btc_balance - Initial amount of BTC for the simulation;    
   - fake_btc_usd_buyedprice - Initial purchase price of BTC fake balance;    
   - fake_datetime_of_firstbid - //Initial datetime (same as first line of fakegox_tickers file below);
   - fakegox_tickers - Access http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD, set the period (must be a period that supports interval 1min), click Raw Data, copy/paste the contents of the table in a TXT file and replaces tabulations by "," comma);
* Notificações via Twitter
   - enable_tweet - Enable/disable Twitter notifications;  
   - twitter_oauth - Data to access the Twitter API, if you do not have, go to: https://dev.twitter.com/apps and create your key w/ read/write permission access;
   - twitter_users - Twitter @users to be notified;    
   - Alert bot operator on high volumes;  
* Graphic WEB interface
   - Graphic results log (period, last action, asks/bids);  
  * HTTP control panel
         - Sudden mode (Activates sudden mode immediately, password is the two digit minute of the datetime displayed in the header above the chart, eg: "01" for datetime: 2013-12-30 04:01:18. It was done this way to prevent you run sudden-mode twice accidentally on a refresh page);  
         - Death mode (Freeze the bot temporarily. The Password is "meuovo123654", can be changed in the file: makesudden.php)    

The bot needs at least one bid and ask to generate the graphic chart correctly.
MtGox need at least 0.02BTC to process a transaction.

Installing: 1click-to-run (easy)
* Download here: hal10k_1click.zip w/ apache+php pre-configured, just run the: start_hal10k.bat

Installing: manual (advanced)
**GitHUB stable Source code**: https://github.com/intrd/bitcoin/tree/master/hal10k

Must be configured in *configs.php* and started on *hal10k.bat* (remember to edit *hal10k.bat* to correct default path: *C:\webserver\www\hal10k*)  

This project was developed in the environment described below, so please try to use a similar configuration:

* XAMPP version 1.7.7 (not included in the project)
** Apache 2.2.21 (running as service to avoid strange problems in pChart lib)  
** PHP 5.3.8 (VC9 X86 32bit thread safe) + PEAR  
* Libs utilizadas (included in the project)
** pChart 2.1.3 for graphics generation;  
** tmhOAuth for Twitter notifications;  

TodoList
* Add EUR
- Fake USD/EUR balance
- Implement Vircurex, BTC-e and Bitstamp API
- Create a version of .bat Windows looping file for Linux using Shell script+crontab
- Auto fetch BitcoinCharts API data

[/b]Changelog[/b]
* v2.4 beta 1 **(not at stable public release yet)**
   * php builtin webserver instead apache
   * added pivots(support & resistance) analysis
   * added MACD analysis
   * JS Graphic chart Client Side rendering
   * Now fetching past history data before starting bot (works on backtests, live & paper)
* v2.3 beta 1 **(not at stable public release yet)**
   * Fixed critical error at Market Direction decision (always returning MA, not EMA)
* v2.2 beta 1
   * Built-in apache+php pre-configured (1-click-to-run version for Windows)
   * Some EMA improvements
   * Better graphic chart
   * Massive bug fixes
* v2.1 beta 2
   * New trading technique implemented: EMA short/long crossover
   * Paper trading: Differs to Backtesting, its a simulation with Live Tickers but w/ fake money balance.
   * Improvements in Clear Log file
   * Improvements in en_US translation
   * Improvements in Twitter oauth conf
* v1.0 beta 2
   * First public version

> HAL10K Bitcoin trading bot (CC) copyleft http://dann.com.br - @intrd (Danilo Salles) <contact@dann.com.br> HAL10K is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation.

HAL 10K @ Bitcoin PHP trading & helper bot featuring EMA Short/Long crossover | Paper trading | Backtesting w/ BitcoinCharts raw data | Twitter notifications and much more: http://dann.com.br/hal-10k-php-trading-helper-bot/
whydifficult

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 01:01:19 PM

Woow this looks really awesome  (as is the name btw)! I love how you use twitter as an interface, that's clever.

Can we expect cross platform support as well (I don't have any windows machines for example) and would prefer to run 24/7 like this in the cloud or on something like a raspberry PI. I really would want to check this out though.

Gekko a nodejs bitcoin trading bot!
Realtime Bitcoin Globe - visualizing all transactions and blocks
Tip jar (BTC): 1KyQdQ9ctjCrGjGRCWSBhPKcj5omy4gv5S
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 09:25:35 PM

That's cool that you enjoyed! The fact of using Twitter to notify operators and allow the decision to stop-loss with remote commands was really very good.

Please test my bot, your help will be very welcome!

Remembering that it works perfectly on Linux platforms, simply edit the file. BAT (used just to keep a non stop looping) and convert to a simple Shell Script+Crontab. (plan to do this soon, if no one do before..)

Woow this looks really awesome  (as is the name btw)! I love how you use twitter as an interface, that's clever.

Can we expect cross platform support as well (I don't have any windows machines for example) and would prefer to run 24/7 like this in the cloud or on something like a raspberry PI. I really would want to check this out though.

HAL 10K @ Bitcoin PHP trading & helper bot featuring EMA Short/Long crossover | Paper trading | Backtesting w/ BitcoinCharts raw data | Twitter notifications and much more: http://dann.com.br/hal-10k-php-trading-helper-bot/
snogcel

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:10:14 PM

Really nice work on this man! Love the way that historical data can be tested, this will be HUGE in determining optimal profitability. Really excited about this project -

A few weeks back I tried playing around with Moving Averages on btc-e by hacking around with a jQuery API I found, was never able to get the system working how I'd like (it's painful waiting for real test data to see what parts of the algorithm need tweaking!) - but - if you'd like to check the code and integrate any of it in I'd be happy to share =)

XuvjV4aazgZhcfAj1KRgFnTok1pZZw6Ewu
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 04:41:24 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 09:36:20 AM by intrd

Just released the v2.0 beta 1, improved the bot decisions using the technique of EMA short/long crossover, now also possible beyond Backtesting, making simulation using Live ticker(Paper trading), among other improvements, changelog below:
  • New trading technique implemented: EMA short/long crossover
  • Paper trading: Differs to Backtesting, its a simulation with Live Tickers but w/ fake money balance.
  • Improvements in Clear Log file
  • Improvements in en_US translation
  • Improvements in Twitter oauth conf

New configurable parameters:
  • emacross - Turn on EMA crossover method;
  • emaShort - EMA short period(in seconds) for EMA crossover method;
  • emaLong - EMA long period(in seconds) for EMA crossover method;
  • emaDiff - EMA difference between short and long crossover;

Please test! i realy need feedbacks..  Wink

snogcel

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:48:45 AM

Nice!! I've been checking this out - ended up moving from WAMP to XAMMP to fix an issue with curl, still seeing a problem though and I'm a bit stumped:

$fake = true;
$paper = false;

this creates the following error:

Notice: Undefined index: datetime in F:\xampp\htdocs\hal10k\start.php on line 56

commenting that line out of start.php seems to fix it, but then the simulation mode doesn't appear to actually do anything. Any ideas?

Can't wait to play around with this! Thanks for putting the work in on this, very cool project.

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 05:55:18 AM

To backtesting use $fake=true and $paper=false, to paper trading use $fake=true and $paper=true; (I will improve this vars on the next release)

Nice!! I've been checking this out - ended up moving from WAMP to XAMMP to fix an issue with curl, still seeing a problem though and I'm a bit stumped:

$fake = true;
$paper = false;

Notice: Undefined index: datetime in F:\xampp\htdocs\hal10k\start.php on line 56

commenting that line out of start.php seems to fix it, but then the simulation mode doesn't appear to actually do anything. Any ideas?

Can't wait to play around with this! Thanks for putting the work in on this, very cool project.

snogcel

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:57:55 AM

To backtesting use $fake=true and $paper=false, to paper trading use $fake=true and $paper=true; (I will improve this vars on the next release)

$fake = true;
$paper = false;

I think I've got it set properly?

Code:
/* Backtesting and Paper trading */
$fake=true; //Turns on/off simulation (backtesting);
$paper=false; //Paper trading is simulation with Real Live Tickers but w/ fake money balance. (If Paper trading is true, $fake needs to be defined to "true");
$fake_btc_balance="0.03161308"; //Initial amount of BTC for the simulation;
$fake_btc_usd_buyedprice="819.00000"; //Initial purchase price of BTC (ATENTION: you need to set this value for Backtesting and Paper trading);
$fake_datetime_of_firstbid="2014-01-01 00:00:00"; //Initial datetime (same as first line of $fakegox_tickers file below)
$fakegox_tickers=$datadir."fakegox_tickers(24.12-26.12).txt"; //Access http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD, set the period (must be a period that supports interval 1min), click Raw Data, copy/paste the contents of the table in a TXT file and replaces tabulations by "," comma);

I've tried a couple of the backtesting txt files provided - for some reason it's no dice?

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 06:04:05 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 06:59:01 AM by intrd

Sorry snogcel! please fork again this file: https://github.com/intrd/bitcoin/blob/master/hal10k/functions.php
i've fixed a little bug Wink

snogcel

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:12:25 AM

Sorry snogcel! please fork again this file: https://github.com/intrd/bitcoin/blob/master/hal10k/functions.php
i've fixed a little bug Wink

Thanks man that seemed to do the trick - one other thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem to be making any moves?

Code:
*** Checking for open orders...  no orders.
$ 748.9999 <limbo/down> ask @ 767 stoploss: -223 (last: bid @ 767 [loss])
$ 744.01001 <limbo/down> ask @ 767 stoploss: -223 (last: bid @ 767 [loss])
$ 744.01001 <limbo/down> ask @ 767 stoploss: -223 (last: bid @ 767 [loss])
$ 748.4 <limbo/down> ask @ 767 stoploss: -223 (last: bid @ 767 [loss])
$ 748.99 <limbo/down> ask @ 767 stoploss: -223 (last: bid @ 767 [loss])
$ 745 <limbo/down> ask @ 767 stoploss: -223 (last: bid @ 767 [loss])
$ 744.50001 <limbo/down> ask @ 767 stoploss: -223 (last: bid @ 767 [loss])
$ 744 <limbo/down> ask @ 767 stoploss: -223 (last: bid @ 767 [loss])
$ 744 <limbo/down> ask @ 767 stoploss: -223 (last: bid @ 767 [loss])
$ 743.38 <limbo/down> ask @ 767 stoploss: -223 (last: bid @ 767 [loss])^CTermin

Using this sample test data:

Code:
$fake_btc_usd_buyedprice="767"; //Initial purchase price of BTC (ATENTION: you need to set this value for Backtesting and Paper trading);
$fake_datetime_of_firstbid="2013-24-12 00:00:00"; //Initial datetime (same as first line of $fakegox_tickers file below)
$fakegox_tickers=$datadir."fakegox_tickers(24.12-26.12).txt"; //Access http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD, set the period (must be a period that supports interval 1min), click Raw Data, copy/paste the contents of the table in a TXT file and replaces tabulations by "," comma);

Sorry to be such a pain in the a**!! =) Any ideas on what could be going on there?

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 06:26:32 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 06:59:18 AM by intrd

According to your defined parameters, you started the bot with a bid made at 767, and using a very high value for the stop-loss ($up_diff_inv and $down_diff_inv), then the bot will only sell at stoploss hit (-223) never!
If you want to see some action, you have two options:
- Set the first bid (767) to a nearest value of current: 748;
- Set a low value(maybe 5) for stoploss($up_diff_inv and $down_diff_inv);

snogcel

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:39:57 AM

According to your defined parameters, you started the bot with a bid made at 767, and using a very high value for the stop-loss ($up_diff_inv and $down_diff_inv), then the bot will only sell at stoploss hit (-223) never!
If you want to see some action, you have two options:
- Set the first bid (767) to a nearest value of current: 748;
- Set a low value(maybe 5) for stoploss($up_diff_inv and $down_diff_inv);

are u trying paper trading, right?
please do not go to the live trading before mastering the paper trading.

Doh! Didn't realize that this new release had a stoploss set of 999 by default! =)

I've just started playing around with Paper Trading - first checking out the EMA algo. Absolutely steering clear of real trading until I get a feel for it.

Regarding further testing, I adjusted the following variables:

Code:
	/* Custom trading algoritm parameters */
$percentual=0.45; //Minimum percentage of profit on the purchase (Use the current fee applied by MtGox);
$up_diff=0; //(sell) profit points (in USD) above the purchase price;
$up_diff_inv=15; //(sell) stop loss (in USD) below the purchase price;
$down_diff=0; //(buy) profit points (in USD) below the selling price;
$down_diff_inv=15; //(buy) stop loss (in USD) above the selling price;
$secure_ticker=300.99500; //Security value that prevents the bot to make sales below a certain value;
$emacross=true; //Turn on EMA crossover method (if emacross=true, Simple Market Direction Method automatically is turned off);
$emaShort=10; //EMA short period(in seconds) for EMA crossover method;
$emaLong=22; //EMA long period(in seconds) for EMA crossover method;
$emaDiff=0; //EMA difference between short and long crossover;
$last_two_orders=false; //Base next move on the last two transactions value;
$interval=10; //Bot loop interval (in seconds);
$timeout=80; //Timeout in seconds for completion of the bid/ask;
$sudden_mode=0; //When active, the bot makes a purchase at the sale price, or a sale at the purchase price. Used only when there is a need for immediate order processing. It will be disabled after the order is processed;
$reverse_prices=0; //Same as Sudden, but definite. It will never turned off;
$manualstoploss=0; //When active, in every action stop-loss requests remote confirmation of the bot operator;
$dire=6; //Amount of past intervals used in the identification of Simple Market Direction Method;
$dire_limbo=13; //Minimum variation (in USD) to define whether the direction is out of limbo or not (limbo: when the bot still trying to set the direction of the market);
$vol_limbo=450.78526468; //Minimum volume (in USD) to consider an abnormal change at the volume of an interval to another;

$paper=false; //Paper trading is simulation with Real Live Tickers but w/ fake money balance. (If Paper trading is true, $fake needs to be defined to "true");
$fake_btc_usd_buyedprice="700"; //Initial purchase price of BTC (ATENTION: you need to set this value for Backtesting and Paper trading);
$fake_datetime_of_firstbid="2013-24-12 00:00:00"; //Initial datetime (same as first line of $fakegox_tickers file below)

Seeing the following output:

Code:
$ 707.8188 <limbo/down> ask @ 700 stoploss: 685 (last: bid @ 700 [loss])
$ 707.79498 <limbo/down> ask @ 700 stoploss: 685 (last: bid @ 700 [loss])
$ 704 <limbo/down> ask @ 700 stoploss: 685 (last: bid @ 700 [loss])
$ 707.78387 <limbo/down> ask @ 700 stoploss: 685 (last: bid @ 700 [loss])
$ 707.9 <limbo/down> ask @ 700 stoploss: 685 (last: bid @ 700 [loss])
$ 689.0125 <limbo/down> ask @ 700 stoploss: 685 (last: bid @ 700 [loss])
$ 683.01 <limbo/down> ask @ 700 stoploss: 685 (last: bid @ 700 [loss])
$ 680 <limbo/down> ask @ 700 stoploss: 685 (last: bid @ 700 [loss])
$ 679 <limbo/down> ask @ 700 stoploss: 685 (last: bid @ 700 [loss])
$ 685 <limbo/down> ask @ 700 stoploss: 685 (last: bid @ 700 [loss])
$ 682 <limbo/down> ask @ 700 stoploss: 685 (last: bid @ 700 [loss])

Very well could be that my brain is fried and it's time for sleep - it doesn't seem to be hitting the stoploss? Will play around with this a bit more tomorrow, let me know what you think =)

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 06:57:56 AM

snogcel,
sorry, another bug fix to solve this "ethernal limbo" bug, please fork files below and try again:
https://github.com/intrd/bitcoin/blob/master/hal10k/start.php
https://github.com/intrd/bitcoin/blob/master/hal10k/functions.php

thanks n keep testing!

snogcel

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:05:04 PM

snogcel,
sorry, another bug fix to solve this "ethernal limbo" bug, please fork files below and try again:

thanks n keep testing!

Works great! Will test out a bit more this evening, but really like what I'm seeing - awesome work on this project!!

breakingwaves

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:29:57 PM

Thanks for sharing, will try to get my head round the code when I get a chance.
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 09:31:14 PM

For all those who are having trouble to understanding the configuration file, I'm simplifying it and creating a "1click-to-run version" to not have to install apache+php!

snogcel

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:16:12 AM

snogcel.. please download start.php and functions.php again! i've fixed "last_two_values" bug.
thanks!

Thanks for the heads-up! Played around a bit more with backtesting tonight and found something that looks very promising. Will run it on paper testing overnight and let you know how it goes =)

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 07:07:12 AM

snogcel,
I would ask you to download all the files before testing again, did important fixes, including on the EMA method, now seems to be ok..
thanks man.

snogcel

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:53:39 AM

snogcel,
I would ask you to download all the files before testing again, did important fixes, including on the EMA method, now seems to be ok..
thanks man.

Cool, updated to v2.1 and restarted paper trading mode after a few tests (backtesting data is lining up as I'd expect). So far so good, I'll let you know what type of results I end up seeing

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 08:05:03 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 09:14:57 AM by intrd

EMA crossover is working like a charm  Grin

EMA w/ stoploss backtesting

Neo.op

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 08:18:50 AM

So basically this does only longs ie buy BTC/USD and not shorts?

LYR▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄████▓▓▓▓████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▄▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▄▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▄███
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀███▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓▓██████▓▓▓▓█████
▓▓▓▓██████▄▄▄▄▄██████
▓▓▓██████████████████
▓▓███████████████████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
 ██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████
LYRA  Loyalty Rewards on Blockchain
══════════════════════[ Main Features ]══════════════════════
Customizable tokens ███NFT███ DeFi███ DEX███ Revenue share
whydifficult

Activity: 287

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 06:13:14 PM

So basically this does only longs ie buy BTC/USD and not shorts?

It doesn't do real shorts but it sells the asset so it can buy back once the downtrend has ended.

Gekko a nodejs bitcoin trading bot!
Realtime Bitcoin Globe - visualizing all transactions and blocks
Tip jar (BTC): 1KyQdQ9ctjCrGjGRCWSBhPKcj5omy4gv5S
Thom

Activity: 112

Be kind man, don't be mankind

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 06:15:32 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 06:29:25 PM by Thom

HUZZAH.

What of usability with btc-e, cexio, cryptsy?

Also seconded:

Because if this can run on minimal linux, it'll be great for VPS / rpi / VM usage.

Fingers crossed for when whydifficult's gekko plays nice with cex again too though.
It's the only tradebot I have that I don't have to run in a virtual machine!

It's short for Thomassina ⚥ • BTC veteran, Bitcointalk neophyte • BTC1THoM4cn8hHTyE637DEPMCLcerZe1mL1X • Cex.IO Cloud Mining - don't risk preorders, mine & trade now!
༺ ☤ Curecoin - Fold Proteins, Earn Coins! ☤   CURE: B8cjEuGKH3qofsxGGEVYdTwUrpfCTxQP7u ༻
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 07:02:55 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 07:25:41 PM by intrd

- What of usability with btc-e, cexio, cryptsy?
- Because if this can run on minimal linux, it'll be great for VPS / rpi / VM usage.

for now.. only MtGox. but surely we adapt other exchanges and currencies.
About the minimal linux version, you can wait to be launched by the middle of next week yet! Smiley

bitcoin.newsfeed

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:41:39 PM

Just waiting for 1-click and run version w/ pre-configured PHP buit-in Webserver . Thumbs up guys ! Wink

I'll be back with some feedback then.

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
john mackensie

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:58:55 PM

Trade your bitcoins on bitcoins4currency.com, im doing this you can get a better cote for bitcoins, i buy on other markets and sell there, if you want to make profit without take much risck u have to exchange bitcoins in ur currency easily. you can make a bit of money with bitcoins volatile.
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 10:23:12 AM

New bug fixes in the files below:
Code:

malen63

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:59:39 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 04:11:12 PM by malen63

Hi Intrd,

I am very interested in your project. I installed xamp and source code. Could you explain the procedure to simulate sales with actual chart ?

thank you

PS : When do you think release MACD ?
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 05:10:47 PM

For whom was testing the old version, just released the beta10 version w/ many bug fixes!

Hi Intrd,
I am very interested in your project. I installed xamp and source code. Could you explain the procedure to simulate sales with actual chart ?
thank you
PS : When do you think release MACD ?

Just access http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD, set the period (must be a period that supports interval 1min), click "Raw Data", copy/paste the contents of the table into a TXT file and replaces tabulations by "," comma). Save txt file into Data directory, edit $fake_datetime_of_firstbid and $fakegox_tickers variables, turn $reset_data=true, and done.. you have the current chart ready to perform the simulations.

PS: This boring procedure will end up so I make the bot fetch data from the API bitcoincharts automatically.. (yes, its in the todoList);

MACD soon..

malen63

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

Thanks for your answer.

It works very well. I look forward to DMCA implementation because EMA is too slow Smiley
snogcel

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:19:30 PM

Hey man,

Figured I'd check in - so far so good, I've set up your bot to take a longer position in terms of trades (really just trying to capitalize on major changes in market direction). Question for you, is there a recommended interval when running in paper mode or otherwise?

I set $interval=30 in my config file before starting up my test - will this interfere with the usefulness of the EMA trading method? It's been holding at btc @ 875 largely because it's been so bullish the last couple days, but wanted to show you what the resulting graph looks like:

As a side note - realized I never confirmed my MtGox account... Doh! Have to wait to get verified to transfer btc in there =\

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 10:14:44 PM

snogcel,
My tuning on Live trading now, you can use for Paper too:

Code:
$percentual=0.45; 
$bidfee=0.45;
$up_diff=1;
$up_diff_inv=5;
$down_diff=1;
$down_diff_inv=5;
$secure_ticker=300.99500;
$emacross=true;
$emaShort=20;
$emaLong=44;
$emaDiff=5;
$last_two_orders=false;
$interval=60;
$timeout=80;

results..

Hey man,

Figured I'd check in - so far so good, I've set up your bot to take a longer position in terms of trades (really just trying to capitalize on major changes in market direction). Question for you, is there a recommended interval when running in paper mode or otherwise?

I set $interval=30 in my config file before starting up my test - will this interfere with the usefulness of the EMA trading method? It's been holding at btc @ 875 largely because it's been so bullish the last couple days, but wanted to show you what the resulting graph looks like:

As a side note - realized I never confirmed my MtGox account... Doh! Have to wait to get verified to transfer btc in there =\

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 12:06:14 AM

Good news

Just released v2.2 beta1

**Changelog**
* v2.2 beta 1
   * - Built-in apache+php pre-configured (1-click-to-run version for Windows), download here: http://dann.com.br/hal10k_1click_apache.php-winx86.zip and just run the: start_hal10k.bat
   * - Some EMA improvements
   * - Better graphic chart
   * - Massive bug fixes

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 09:11:45 AM

Thank u feedback @bitcoin.newsfeed,
i've fixed the cURL problem: http://dann.com.br/hal10k_1click_apache.php-winx86.zip (forgotten to enable curl on php.ini, now its ok)

Dead intrd,
I am trying to run HAL10K stand alone 1-click-version.

I configured the configs.php file, but after the run i got this error message

PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1 - assumed 'CURL_HTT
P_VERSION_1_1' in C:UsershostDesktophal10k_1click_apache.php-winx86bitcoin

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 09:48:42 AM

Yes, it is.. up/down diff on 500(never stop loss) and +1% on $percentual.

Its working now Wink
What should i set if I never want to sell at loss? (better waiting for price regeneration... the hell, its bitcoin Cheesy
But i want to take profit lets say with every 1% of increase from buying price? Something like this?  >>>
   $percentual=1.45; //Minimum percentage of profit on the purchase (Use the current fee applied by MtGox);
   $bidfee=0.45; //Just for simulation purposes (Use the current fee applied by MtGox);
   $up_diff=1; //(sell) profit points (in USD) above the purchase price;
   $up_diff_inv=500; //(sell) stop loss (in USD) below the purchase price;
   $down_diff=1; //(buy) profit points (in USD) below the selling price;
   $down_diff_inv=500; //(buy) stop loss (in USD) above the selling price;

bitcoin.newsfeed

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:03:59 AM

You welcome !  Smiley And thanks for replies and fix.

I want to ask ... for a test run, am I able to set "fake_usd_balance" somewhere? I found where to set "fake_btc_balance" but not USD balance, can you point me to the right direction please?

bitcoin.newsfeed

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:17:37 AM

another questions on table  Smiley

Code:
$ 1090.54999 <limbo/down> ask @ 1090 stoploss: 589 (last: bid @ 1089 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 1082.48577 <limbo/down> ask @ 1090 stoploss: 589 (last: bid @ 1089 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 1070.00000 <limbo/down> ask @ 1090 stoploss: 589 (last: bid @ 1089 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 1086.82002 <limbo/down> ask @ 1090 stoploss: 589 (last: bid @ 1089 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 1089.99000 <limbo/down> ask @ 1090 stoploss: 589 (last: bid @ 1089 [loss])

what does it mean? the bot is placing sell order for that 1.0 BTC(btw the bot is still going "all-in?") @ 1089 ?
But the price was already higher than 1089 for a minute, and he not sold it, why? Or am I reading this wrong? Smiley

And how the bot know, when he should buy-in ?

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 10:24:43 AM

At the moment, to start with USD instead of BTC is only possible manually.. by turning off the $reset_data; editing the file: fakegox.txt USD balance and setting an "ask" on file last.txt, (now placed in the todolist the $fake_usd_balance, this feature will be available soon)

You welcome !  Smiley And thanks for replies and fix.
I want to ask ... for a test run, am I able to set "fake_usd_balance" somewhere? I found where to set "fake_btc_balance" but not USD balance, can you point me to the right direction please?

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 10:28:57 AM

He he bought at 1089, will ask at 1090 when market direction is <down/down> (<limbo/down> means that the bot does not have enough data to generate the EMA <down.limbo/down> means that the EMA has not crossed yet)

another questions on table  Smiley
Code:
*** Checking for open orders...  no orders.
what does it mean? the bot is placing sell order for that 1.0 BTC(btw the bot is still going "all-in?") @ 1089 ?
But the price was already higher than 1089 for a minute, and he not sold it, why? Or am I reading this wrong? Smiley

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 10:31:41 AM

The bot make moves when the market price crosses EMA lines.. (you can delay it by settings $emaDiff in USD)

Kakoon

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:49:16 AM

Nice work so far.

Since I'm European, I am more interested in EUR prices. How much impact, do you think, would changing the currency in MtGoxClient.php have?

Code:
$this->pair = 'BTCUSD';

to

Code:
$this->pair = 'BTCEUR';

Besides showing a dollar sign next to each price of course, would that mess up things?
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 11:15:26 AM

I believe that works! take the test in Paper trading.. (i've put EUR in todolist also, thank you for remembering)

Nice work so far.
Since I'm European, I am more interested in EUR prices. How much impact, do you think, would changing the currency in MtGoxClient.php have?
Code:
$this->pair = 'BTCUSD';
to
Code:
$this->pair = 'BTCEUR';
Besides showing a dollar sign next to each price of course, would that mess up things?

malen63

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:49:15 PM

Hi Inrd,

Could you give us your todolist by priority ?

Other question, I heard you had to wait a long time with Mtgox for money on his bank account. And that it is better to use Bitstamp or Bitcoincentral.
omio

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:03:10 PM

Very nice thank you for this. Does this need also need an SQL server to run?
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 02:54:23 PM

Nop. i've made a simple text database.. Smiley
Very nice thank you for this. Does this need also need an SQL server to run?

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 03:00:45 PM

Todolist is on github: https://github.com/intrd/bitcoin/tree/master/hal10k (at the end of readme)
would be grateful if they can assist in this project, even small fixes/improvements in code! so far I'm still alone..

Hi Intrd,
Could you give us your todolist by priority ?
Other question, I heard you had to wait a long time with Mtgox for money on his bank account. And that it is better to use Bitstamp or Bitcoincentral.

bitcoin.newsfeed

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:16:12 PM

He he bought at 1089, will ask at 1090 when market direction is <down/down> (<limbo/down> means that the bot does not have enough data to generate the EMA <down.limbo/down> means that the EMA has not crossed yet)

Code:
*** Checking for open orders...  no orders.

Oh I see Smiley So why HAL is trying to sell @ 1090 (when he bought on 1089), when "$percentual" value is set to "1.45" and 1089*1.0145 = 1104.7905  <<< he should want to sell it on 1104.7905, no 1090(with loss because of fees), right?

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 03:24:33 PM

Yes, take a look at $bidfee value too!
Oh I see Smiley So why HAL is trying to sell @ 1090 (when he bought on 1089), when "$percentual" value is set to "1.45" and 1089*1.0145 = 1104.7905  <<< he should want to sell it on 1104.7905, no 1090(with loss because of fees), right?

bitcoin.newsfeed

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:40:21 PM

Yes, take a look at $bidfee value too!

config
Code:
$percentual=1.45; //Minimum percentage of profit on the purchase (Use the current fee applied by MtGox);
$bidfee=1.45; //Just for simulation purposes (Use the current fee applied by MtGox);
$up_diff=10; //(sell) profit points (in USD) above the purchase price;
$up_diff_inv=500; //(sell) stop loss (in USD) below the purchase price;
$down_diff=1; //(buy) profit points (in USD) below the selling price;
$down_diff_inv=1; //(buy) stop loss (in USD) above the selling price;
$secure_ticker=1; //Security value that prevents the bot to make sales below a certain value;
$fake_btc_usd_buyedprice="1000.00000";

output
Code:
$ 1012.77664 <limbo/down> ask @ 1010 stoploss: 500 (last: bid @ 1000 [loss])

Its configured, but i think the bot is ignoring the $percentual value and instead of it is using $up_diff value, what you think?

woutie70

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:15:44 AM

First of all, thanks for making this amazing opensource tradingbot! Cheesy
The graph works like a charm (but sometimes the 'buy' and the 'sell' points are not on the yellow USD/BTC line)

There is however one problem I come across everytime I run the code.

Code:
$ 1035.015 <up/up> bid @ 1014 stoploss: 1040 (last: ask @ 1020 [profit])
*** EMAShort1032.44 / EMALong1028.07
*** High volume detected! 146994.68
$ 1042 <up/up> bid @ 1014 stoploss: 1040 (last: ask @ 1020 [profit])
*** #Hit wall!
*** #SUDDEN MODE on!
$ bid 2.0119309811464 @ $1044.1 (prev: 1020) - 2014-01-07 09:13:10
array(2) {
  ["result"]=>
  string(7) "success"
  ["data"]=>
  string(26) "98374829984767289039847839"
}
*** Processing order... done!array(8) {
  ["type"]=>
  string(3) "bid"
  ["amount"]=>
  float(2.0119309811464)
  ["price"]=>
  string(6) "1044.1"
  ["datetime"]=>
  string(19) "2014-01-07 09:13:10"
  ["success"]=>
  ["status"]=>
  string(9) "processed"
  ["prem"]=>
  string(4) "loss"
  ["sudden_mode"]=>
  int(0)
}

*** EMAShort1036.99 / EMALong1030.62

After 'Processing...Done! He gives some weird code lines what seems to be code that need to be executed. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Also, (newbie question) where can you see the profit you made?

Thanks in advance!
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 12:24:31 PM

He BID at 1000 and will ASK at 1010 (because $percentual and $bidfee not applies at ASK, only BID), if you want to configure profit margin at next ASK uses $up_diff.
I know, its confusing.., will improve it to let more intuitive.

Its configured, but i think the bot is ignoring the $percentual value and instead of it is using $up_diff value, what you think?

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 12:44:56 PM

1 - When bots buy/sell at "Sudden mode(loss)", its off the current price, so he scores off the chart, is correct ..
2- Sorry about that weird code lines after processing, its because I forgot to turn off debug Smiley (its not an error..)

First of all, thanks for making this amazing opensource tradingbot! Cheesy
The graph works like a charm (but sometimes the 'buy' and the 'sell' points are not on the yellow USD/BTC line)
There is however one problem I come across everytime I run the code.
Code:
*** Processing order... done!array(8) {
  ["type"]=>
  string(3) "bid"
  ["amount"]=>
  float(2.0119309811464)
  ["price"]=>
  string(6) "1044.1"
  ["datetime"]=>
  string(19) "2014-01-07 09:13:10"
  ["success"]=>
  ["status"]=>
  string(9) "processed"
  ["prem"]=>
  string(4) "loss"
  ["sudden_mode"]=>
  int(0)
}
After 'Processing...Done! He gives some weird code lines what seems to be code that need to be executed. Does anyone know how to solve this?
Also, (newbie question) where can you see the profit you made? Thanks in advance!

armodilloben

Activity: 95

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 12:56:28 PM

open source trading bots are a great idea, although only live environment testing will show results. We are working on an API in our Bitcoin exchgange game, so you will have a nice training ground for the trading bots.

facundop

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:56:27 PM

I'm testing it, but it handles weird values. As of now, mtgox high/low are at 1,044 - 956, but HAL 10k is bidding at 703. ¿?
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 03:22:42 PM

No, this will only happen if you set a very high profit on $down_diff
I'm testing it, but it handles weird values. As of now, mtgox high/low are at 1,044 - 956, but HAL 10k is bidding at 703. ¿?

facundop

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:17:52 PM

I'm using everything by default, I haven't changed any value
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 04:20:02 PM

Strange, copynpaste here last lines of output..

facundop

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:24:15 PM

Strange, copynpaste here last lines of output..

Here we go, I only changed logged in, btc amount and usd amount:

Start time is: 07/01/2014 13:16:05,20

*** HAL_10K v2.2 beta 1 (by intrd)
$ Logged: xxxxx ( BTC: xxxxx / USD: xxxxx )
# Trading - fee: 0.45 - ( USD range down: 1 / up: 1 ) Interval secs: 60
# Ticker 24h -> High: 1044.20000 / Low: 956.00000 / Avg: 1006.53471 )
# Loop starting..
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** High volume detected! 16302.40557269
$ 985.00000 <limbo/up> bid @ 703 stoploss: 715 (last: bid @ 707 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 977.00001 <limbo/up> bid @ 703 stoploss: 715 (last: bid @ 707 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 977.00001 <limbo/up> bid @ 703 stoploss: 715 (last: bid @ 707 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 986.50000 <limbo/up> bid @ 703 stoploss: 715 (last: bid @ 707 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 978.00000 <limbo/up> bid @ 703 stoploss: 715 (last: bid @ 707 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 978.00000 <limbo/up> bid @ 703 stoploss: 715 (last: bid @ 707 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 979.00000 <limbo/up> bid @ 703 stoploss: 715 (last: bid @ 707 [loss])
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 04:32:03 PM

Ah ok,
this happens because you specified that purchased your amount of btc at 707, so it will sell when UP (707+$up_diff value) when the market is going <up/up>.

you can set the value that was FIRST BTC bought in this variable: $fake_btc_usd_buyedprice="707.00000";

Here we go, I only changed logged in, btc amount and usd amount:

facundop

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:40:46 PM

Currently, in my mtgox there isnt any btc, I only own several USD. Does it mean it will loop forever like this unless I buy BTC and change the value you mentioned to the value I spent?
woutie70

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:56:30 PM

intrd, thank you for your quick reply Smiley

I have one more question (which I like to illustrate).

http://postimg.org/image/j785rn5wf/

This is while using Live Trading (with paper) with the following config:

Code:
$percentual=0.6; //Minimum percentage of profit on the purchase (Use the current fee applied by MtGox);
$bidfee=0.6; //Just for simulation purposes (Use the current fee applied by MtGox);
$up_diff=5; //(sell) profit points (in USD) above the purchase price;
$up_diff_inv=0; //(sell) stop loss (in USD) below the purchase price;
$down_diff=2; //(buy) profit points (in USD) below the selling price;
$down_diff_inv=0; //(buy) stop loss (in USD) above the selling price;
$secure_ticker=300.99500; //Security value that prevents the bot to make sales below a certain value;
$emacross=true; //Turn on EMA crossover method (if emacross=true, Simple Market Direction Method automatically is turned off);
$emaShort=10; //EMA short period(in minutes because you are using $interval=60;) for EMA crossover method;
$emaLong=21; //EMA long period(in minutes because you are using $interval=60;) for EMA crossover method;
$emaDiff=0; //EMA difference between short and long crossover;
$last_two_orders=false; //Base next move on the last two transactions value;
$interval=10; //Bot loop interval (in seconds);
$timeout=80; //Timeout in seconds for completion of the bid/ask;
$sudden_mode=0; //When active, the bot makes a purchase at the sale price, or a sale at the purchase price. Used only when there is a need for immediate order processing. It will be disabled after the order is processed;
$reverse_prices=0; //Same as Sudden, but definite. It will never turned off;
$manualstoploss=0; //When active, in every action stop-loss requests remote confirmation of the bot operator;
$dire=6; //Amount of past intervals used in the identification of Simple Market Direction Method;
$dire_limbo=13; //Minimum variation (in USD) to define whether the direction is out of limbo or not (limbo: when the bot still trying to set the direction of the market);
$vol_limbo=450.78526468; //Minimum volume (in USD) to consider an abnormal change at the volume of an interval to another;

$paper=true; //Paper trading is simulation with Real Live Tickers but w/ fake money balance. (If Paper trading is true, $fake needs to be defined to "true");
$fake_btc_balance="2"; //Initial amount of BTC for the simulation;
$fake_btc_usd_buyedprice="990.80000"; //Initial purchase price of BTC (ATENTION: you need to set this value for Backtesting and Paper trading);
$fake_datetime_of_firstbid="2014-01-07 00:00:00"; //Initial datetime (same as first line of $fakegox_tickers file below)
$fakegox_tickers=$datadir."fakegox_tickers(test3).txt"; //Access http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD, set the period (must be a period that supports interval 1min), click Raw Data, copy/paste the contents of the table in a TXT file and replaces tabulations by "," comma);

In the middle, there is a lot of fluctation in the price, and the bot buys and sells constantly at the perfect price.

My question: Is this possible when you trade with real money? Because when that's the case, this config is very profitable  Shocked
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 05:07:52 PM

At the moment, to start with USD instead of BTC is only possible manually.. by turning off the $reset_data; editing the file: fakegox.txt USD balance and setting an "ask" on file last.txt, (now placed in the todolist the $fake_usd_balance, this feature will be available soon)

Currently, in my mtgox there isnt any btc, I only own several USD. Does it mean it will loop forever like this unless I buy BTC and change the value you mentioned to the value I spent?

facundop

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:19:16 PM

I bought a small btc sample, but still no action with the bot:

Start time is: 07/01/2014 13:45:20,94

$ Logged: xxxxxxx( BTC: 0.02946935 / USD: xxxxxx )
# Ticker 24h -> High: 1044.20000 / Low: 956.00000 / Avg: 1006.35190 )
# Loop starting..
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** High volume detected! 16133.65412521
$ 973.57000 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 973.76792 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 975.00279 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 974.99279 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 973.00000 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 975.00000 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 977.44255 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 975.99000 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 974.00000 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 977.25000 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 975.50000 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 975.50000 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 986.89900 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 979.90231 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 982.35206 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 982.00000 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong
$ 982.00000 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])
*** EMAShort / EMALong

these are my settings:

$percentual=0.45;
   $bidfee=0.45;
   $up_diff=1;
   $up_diff_inv=5;
   $down_diff=1;
   $down_diff_inv=5;
   $secure_ticker=300.99500;
   $emacross=true;
   $emaShort=20;
   $emaLong=44;
   $emaDiff=5;
   $last_two_orders=false;
   $interval=60;
   $timeout=80;
   $sudden_mode=0;
   $reverse_prices=0;
   $manualstoploss=0;
   $dire=6;
   $dire_limbo=13;
   $vol_limbo=450.78526468;

seems stuck in a loop, and I believe it should have made a few sells already ?
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 05:21:13 PM

theoretically all it is possible in simulation Paper is possible IRL,
but you have to consider that your exchange will hardly be able to process quickly an order at ask/bid price, MtGox takes too long to process this type of order and many times the price moves and the order remains in gox queue, so I created the variable $timeout and Sudden Mode(which makes a bid at the current ask price or vice versa.)

intrd, thank you for your quick reply Smiley
I have one more question (which I like to illustrate).
This is while using Live Trading (with paper) with the following config:

In the middle, there is a lot of fluctation in the price, and the bot buys and sells constantly at the perfect price.
My question: Is this possible when you trade with real money? Because when that's the case, this config is very profitable  Shocked

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 05:31:27 PM

You are on Paper trading, right?
Its on "Limbo", the bot will ask at 975 when the market direction is <down/down>.
Limbo = means that the bot has not garnered sufficient data to render the EMALong, in your case is set to 44, and you will have to wait 44min(if $interval=60(1min)) for the bot do the first movement, from there it will operate normally.
(this problem will end when the bot able to automatically grab information from the past before starting from scratch).

I bought a small btc sample, but still no action with the bot:

Start time is: 07/01/2014 13:45:20,94
$ Logged: xxxxxxx( BTC: 0.02946935 / USD: xxxxxx )
# Ticker 24h -> High: 1044.20000 / Low: 956.00000 / Avg: 1006.35190 )
# Loop starting..
*** EMAShort / EMALong
*** High volume detected! 16133.65412521
$ 973.57000 <limbo/down> ask @ 975 stoploss: 969 (last: bid @ 974 [loss])

seems stuck in a loop, and I believe it should have made a few sells already ?

facundop

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:34:10 PM

I feel dumb, sorry. I ll report back in 40 mins when I start earning billions thanks to your bot.
morp17

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:24:01 AM

Great job, I would take a doubt, apparently the bot is configured to obtain profit in U.S. dollars, how do I flip and make a profit in bitcoin?  Huh

฿itcoin: 36tHHEBp7QwePa76dMsN4KVbN3VhvK3rbu
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 02:12:17 AM

I created the bot to profit starting w/ btc, but like many requested here, next version will be able to start w/ USD or any fiat..

Great job, I would take a doubt, apparently the bot is configured to obtain profit in U.S. dollars, how do I flip and make a profit in bitcoin?  Huh

facundop

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:28:04 AM

I left the bot running all night with default settings and I've lost almost 20% of the amount I had. Apparently it's selling low and buying high, always:

https://i.imgur.com/0SKCo7m.jpg

What should I change in the settings to stop this behaviour? Is there any reason for this?
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 01:03:26 PM

New version released!
found a critical mistake at code, please update..

* v2.3 beta 1
   * - Fixed critical error at Market Direction decision (always returning MA, not EMA)

facundop

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:52:34 PM

will that fix the behaviour i exposed?
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 02:50:02 PM

Yes,
download the new version and simulate yesterday data (fakegox_tickers(1.6-1.8 ).txt) on Backtesting mode w/ your config..

Code:
Starting HAL10K with 0.04161308 BTC buyd @ 1015.00000

$ask [btc:0/usd:43.07] @ $1035 (profit) #transaction
$bid [btc:0.0456/usd:0] @ $940.77778 (profit) #transaction

will that fix the behaviour i exposed?

facundop

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:27:56 PM

I started it again, I ll report back in 45 minutes as before to see what happens. I want to recover the 20% i lost Tongue
facundop

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:55:59 PM

Not sure if working as intended, I just lost a big chunk of money. It sold at $900 what I bought at $935:

https://i.imgur.com/LJzxaT6.jpg
michelDiz

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:59:54 PM

How to config others API? I want to test in an other market différent (no just MTgox).

Thanks
morp17

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:06:33 PM

Very good Smiley I think most people prefer profit in BTC is where it has more advantages. Cool

I created the bot to profit starting w/ btc, but like many requested here, next version will be able to start w/ USD or any fiat..

฿itcoin: 36tHHEBp7QwePa76dMsN4KVbN3VhvK3rbu
facundop

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:37:56 AM

Well I gave it many many tries, but it doesn't work me. I've lost too much money already.
Sephera

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 03:56:40 AM

Has anyone made money running this bot?
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 12:19:41 PM

I think it's more a matter of getting everyting tweaked correctly to make money. No bot is simply plug and play.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
yahma

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:36:44 PM

Nice project! I would like to help out if I can.  What is the current status of BTC-e and Vircurex api?

p.s. I've done much bot programming before, and unless the paper-trading simulates all the nuances of a real market, its VERY unlikely the bot will act the same IRL vs. papertrading
yahma

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:26:46 PM

I left the bot running all night with default settings and I've lost almost 20% of the amount I had. Apparently it's selling low and buying high, always:

https://i.imgur.com/0SKCo7m.jpg

What should I change in the settings to stop this behaviour? Is there any reason for this?

Can't say for sure, but it looks like a lag due to the order-queue/lag at Gox is causing your trades to be delayed slightly, which is enough to cause serious problems.  It does look like the bot is trying to buy when the short MA crosses over the long MA, and vice versa.. just by the time the trade executes its too late.
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 07:59:12 PM

Hey people,
I'm creating the v2.3 HAL w/ some new features, one of which is the MACD analysis, however.. I need some way of getting data from the last 26 days and the maximum of bitcoincharts returns is about two days..
does anyway to solve this problem or can i do the MACD basing in a shorter time different EMA pattern of "12-day - 26-day"?

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 08:03:06 PM

I'm workin on MACD right now,
I have not started integrating btce and vircurex, It would be great if you could help integrate these other exchanges..

Nice project! I would like to help out if I can.  What is the current status of BTC-e and Vircurex api?

yahma

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:07:47 AM

I'm workin on MACD right now,
I have not started integrating btce and vircurex, It would be great if you could help integrate these other exchanges..

Will look into it. BTW, tried running it on my rasp-pi and it works for the most part (chart rendering is slow), except when the chart becomes longer than 1 day, then PHP hits the cpu limit time when rendering through pChart API.  I might look into replacing the server side chart rendering with something client-side (ie. Javascript).
yahma

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:09:16 AM

Hey people,
I'm creating the v2.3 HAL w/ some new features, one of which is the MACD analysis, however.. I need some way of getting data from the last 26 days and the maximum of bitcoincharts returns is about two days..
does anyway to solve this problem or can i do the MACD basing in a shorter time different EMA pattern of "12-day - 26-day"?

Suppose you could use 12-min / 26-min (or 12-hour / 26 hour) MACD for intra-day trading.
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 01:15:22 AM

At the chart.php i've created a trick to optimize graph generation,
just turn on "$pular" and the graph is rendered discarding useless information..
but surely it would be better to generate the graph client side..
(I'm planing run HAL at my Pi too..)

About macd, finishing here..
thanks @yahma and @whydificult for the tips..

Code:
 $control=(count($F1)*12)/100;
 $control2=(count($F1)*1)/100;
 $pular=false;

Will look into it. BTW, tried running it on my rasp-pi and it works for the most part (chart rendering is slow), except when the chart becomes longer than 1 day, then PHP hits the cpu limit time when rendering through pChart API.  I might look into replacing the server side chart rendering with something client-side (ie. Javascript).

yahma

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:55:21 AM

At the chart.php i've created a trick to optimize graph generation,
just turn on "$pular" and the graph is rendered discarding useless information..
but surely it would be better to generate the graph client side..
(I'm planing run HAL at my Pi too..)

About macd, finishing here..
thanks @yahma and @whydificult for the tips..

Code:
 $control=(count($F1)*12)/100;
 $control2=(count($F1)*1)/100;
 $pular=false;

Will look into it. BTW, tried running it on my rasp-pi and it works for the most part (chart rendering is slow), except when the chart becomes longer than 1 day, then PHP hits the cpu limit time when rendering through pChart API.  I might look into replacing the server side chart rendering with something client-side (ie. Javascript).

@initrd:  Have you thought about using ta-lib (technical analysis library)?  There is a PHP/PECL extension. Might save you the time from having to re-write each technical analysis function you want to use (ie. SMA, EMA, MACD, etc)
intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 06:58:01 AM

Client side charts done! macd almost..

@initrd:  Have you thought about using ta-lib (technical analysis library)?  There is a PHP/PECL extension. Might save you the time from having to re-write each technical analysis function you want to use (ie. SMA, EMA, MACD, etc)

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 04:31:15 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 06:46:59 PM by intrd

IMG Link: https://i.imgur.com/LSsmiYK.png
v2.3 almost ready..

nous

Activity: 63

Across the Universe

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:30:48 PM

First of all, thanks for making this tool open source. I believe that with enough feedback from its users you'll deliver a solid final product. I'm using it right now on linux at paper mode, testing to see how it goes, using the settings woutie70 reported as "perfect".

The least I can do is provide a good start_hal10k.sh for UNIX-like systems:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

#export HTROOT=/srv/http/bitcoin/hal10k

[ $HTROOT ] || { echo "Please, edit $(basename ./$0) and set the correct HTROOT path."; exit 1; }

while true; do
    echo Start time is: $(date)
    cd $HTROOT
    php start.php
done

I'll leave hal10k (what a cool name, BTW) running all night and report back with the results.
yahma

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:43:24 PM

Nice! Looks like you moved it over to HighCharts/HighStocks javascript charting.
nous

Across the Universe

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:48:39 PM

I left the bot running for 20 hours, using the settings of woutie70. Here's the data of the last transaction and the accompanying chart. The initial $fake_btc_balance was set to 2.

*** Processing order...array ( 8 )
  ["type"]=> string(3) "ask"
  ["amount"]=> float(1.8646517758757)
  ["price"]=> string(9) "952.99500"
  ["datetime"]=> string(19) "2014-01-12 20:12:07"
  ["prem"]=> string(6) "profit"

The results are not very encouraging, but I'll do another overnight run with the default settings from github and see how it goes. intrd, please push the new chart code to the repo, as pChart isn't very legible after a few hours.
yahma

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:21:55 PM

I left the bot running for 20 hours, using the settings of woutie70. Here's the data of the last transaction and the accompanying chart. The initial $fake_btc_balance was set to 2.

https://i.imgur.com/ExkKsdm.png

The results are not very encouraging, but I'll do another overnight run with the default settings from github and see how it goes. intrd, please push the new chart code to the repo, as pChart isn't very legible after a few hours.

Did you ever perform another overnight run?
nous

Across the Universe

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 09:24:18 PM

Did you ever perform another overnight run?

As a matter of fact, I've left the bot running since my last post. It started at 2 BTC and again slowly lowered to 1.7 overnight. Now it is at 1.919 but I can't see the graph as I'm running it on an old Pentium 3 and it times-out drawing it.

Anyway, it clearly needs tweaking, but presently I don't have much free time to devote.
shark255

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:45:40 PM

is this tread alive ? any news about your bot ?
patriot1889

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:20:48 PM

Yeah, what is going on with this?

Thought maybe pushover notifications could be added to this? I can put that in if you like? Smiley

I was looking at writing my own in PHP but seeing as this one already exists it would be mighty silly Tongue
Interested to know what is happening Smiley

A
jontstaz

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:48:23 AM

My bot keeps timing out on the trades. What's going wrong??

"*** Order timeoout! canceled.."

intrd (OP)

HAL10K developer

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 04:04:34 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 04:41:25 AM by intrd

Hey guys, unfortunately I'm Goxxed and lost a lot of money..
All my HAL10k trading profits were frozen in MTGox, i'm discouraged and stopped hal10k development.

Now i will try to return w/ this..
The version v2.3 was really amazing, but never published..

Which exchanges(w/ a good API) you recommend to start the new HAL10k? BTC-e? Stamp? Vircurex?
This time I'll try to create it modular so that easily applies at any exhange.

ijl53

Activity: 64

CyptoLong

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:19:29 AM

Btc-e and then bitstamp! you ill have to tweak the bot though, profits on btc-e and stamp will not be as high as on gox.

drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:04:32 AM

Hey guys, unfortunately I'm Goxxed and lost a lot of money..
Really sorry to hear that.

Good that you caught yourself, and recreated motivation:

Yeah!

Go go go :-)

Which exchanges(w/ a good API) you recommend to start the new HAL10k? BTC-e? Stamp? Vircurex?
This time I'll try to create it modular so that easily applies at any exhange.

I would work with any currency pair, right? 

Here's your list :-)
https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/info

though, profits on btc-e and stamp will not be as high as on gox.

How come?

no sign of a signature
sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 09:21:41 AM

BTC-E would be great.

Avoid US exchanges due to the USA IRS ruling, I am afraid  there will be some unexpected retroactively rulinging in USA, the IRS already did it.

ernie-

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 12:24:02 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 12:09:07 PM by ernie-

Now with Mt Gox gone, is there any work being done on this bot to get it running on any other exchanges? My vote would be Cryptsy as there seems to be a lot of bots for BTC-e already (tAPI, gekko, hass etc,) plus Cryptsy are adding fiat shortly.

Trish Meally

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 06:20:22 AM

Will look into it.
frankw

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:12:59 PM

Can you push the work you did to Github? I would really like to use this bot as a base to build on. Perhaps others may wish to contribute enhancements too. Thanks!
socal

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:24:31 PM

very interested to see what a cryptsy integrated bot could do considering I am at work 12 hrs/day plus 4 hours commute time my ability to track the markets is extremely limited but considering my lack of spare time and total ignorance of coding other than very basic http I am unable to perform the task myself if anyone can please it would be a great help

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
tofm2

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:55:30 AM

Hi, i am very interested in this bot,

is there any possibility to have this bot running on a linux hosting, on BTC-e and criptsy exchanges ??

thanks for help.
BitsparkHK

Activity: 124

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 03:25:22 AM

We are happy to integrate support for Bitspark's API's but it seems this project is no longer updated? If there is a more up to date branch we'd be happy to work with it. Bitspark

networkcoin

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 03:46:49 AM

I'd also like to know if anyone is running this on a hosted server, or has set this up for other exchanges.

Thanks!

is there any possibility to have this bot running on a linux hosting, on BTC-e and criptsy exchanges ??

thanks for help.
Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 01:01:08 AM

Wow! GUI looks impressively done and the detail in the logging is superb!

Does it have any dependancies?

JustBob

Activity: 113

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:18:41 AM

thanks for help.

I'd be willing to pay a little bit for it if it were usable at cryptsy, and had the ability to switch between the coin pairs offered there
canadian1969

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:56:45 AM

I would love to see this project rebooted or forked or something, please!
Ru7ru5

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 07:34:28 PM

I would love to see this project rebooted or forked or something, please!

Me too! Let's do it
AutoView

Activity: 37
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 11:57:12 PM

If this project does not come back to life, it'd be interesting to see if someone could get this strategy into TradingView for both back testing and automation.

TradingView has 1,000's of indicators to build your own strategy or select from 100's of pre built strategies. Back test, forward test and automate anything on TradingView for free.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autoview/okdhadoplaoehmeldlpakhpekjcpljmb?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

Good Luck!

AutoView - Chrome Extension for TradingView Bots
Ru7ru5

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:05:28 AM

If this project does not come back to life, it'd be interesting to see if someone could get this strategy into TradingView for both back testing and automation.

TradingView has 1,000's of indicators to build your own strategy or select from 100's of pre built strategies. Back test, forward test and automate anything on TradingView for free.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autoview/okdhadoplaoehmeldlpakhpekjcpljmb?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

Good Luck!

Oh thank you!! I didn't know thtat app for Chrome
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: