Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:37:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which wallet do you store the majority of your BTC in?
Bitcoin-Qt
MultiBit
Armory
Mobile Wallet
Online Web Wallet
Offline Cold Storage
Electrum
Brainwallet

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which wallet do you store the majority of your BTC in?  (Read 3655 times)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 02:08:12 PM

The poll didn't even separate offline and online!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:27:55 PM

The poll didn't even separate offline and online!

How the hell did he separate armory offline and online
He's trolling us with that pie

How the hell did he separate armory offline and online
He's trolling us with that pie
Definitely. For Armory (both online and offline), I don't even think that they have 100,000 wallets, while Blockchain.info is having more than 1 million active wallets.

This is just BS. You are saying that 97% of all the BTCs are stored in Armory, which was unheard of two months earlier. And just 1% for Blockchain.info?

Huh

Where does his chart say that he is reporting network totals?

I assumed he was reporting his own usage?

Are you sure you haven't all jumped to a ridiculous conclusion without paying attention?

How did you get this information Huh

Probably by adding up his bitcoins to see how much he was storing in each location?
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 02:31:42 PM

Ooooohhh HIS lol

Well we've been trained to see a poll then a chart

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 04:37:19 PM

that dudes who store them ONLINE should think agian.  Roll Eyes

They probably use blockchain.info which is used by a lot of people and has quite a lot of security features.

yeah maybe but would you store the majority of your BTC there? i would never do that but good luck!

Phantomf (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:23:45 PM

add brainwallet may be.
I know it's "bad" but I store *all* my coins in a single brainwallet address.

+1

Although I use several brainwallets.

Wasn't aware of Brainwallet ..seems kinda risky to me but added it to the poll ..better not have a brainfart using this one haha  Grin
gnoll110

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:40:24 AM

Paper wallet Smiley I have the rest on exchanges, physical bitcoins, and electrum.

I plan on moving some to an offline armory wallet but i'm comfortable with this for now.  Smiley

"physical bitcoins"?

I'm just trying to imagine what cryptonium looks like. Wink
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 01:03:36 AM

I'd use Armoury or the original wallet and store any large amount of coins offline, plus if I had that kind of money to worry about I'd also buy some gold bullion to store offline because that definitely can't be hacked, it can be stolen though but that's a whole other thing Tongue.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:58:00 PM

I wonder how many of the people who voted "Offline Cold Storage" are using Armory, and how many are using other tools.
cryptozaurus

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:59:49 PM

I'm using blockchain.info for now but I plan to transfer 90% of my bitcoins in a paperwallet. I also have a small amount in cavirtex to do some transactions. I can sell them for CAD and transfer them in my cavirtex debit card to pay for anything I want! Smiley
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:45:39 AM

I see armory has an early lead.  Why do it there instead of qt?  What are the advantages?  I just have it on qt and never had a problem, except that I think the fees are too high.

The main reason I use Armory is for "coin control" and paper wallets. QT doesn't let me chose which address to send BTC from nor support paper backups.
EndTheFed321

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 02:23:01 AM

I keep them in my leather wallet under a rock next to a mad dog  Wink

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:12:23 AM

Oddly enough, mine are pretty evenly distributed among a variety of offline storage methods, so I can't really give any one place where the majority are kept.

But my primary *preference* is Mycelium, both for spending wallets and for cold storage on dedicated phones (with Mycelium-generated paper backups.) It's just that good.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: