Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 06:40:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bytom Mining - ASIC algorithm now cracked by GPU miners? Big profits?  (Read 17572 times)
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:36:48 PM

this is my result with GTX1080Ti (AIO)
135*3=400H/s @150W
eruman34

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:48:45 PM

So we can say this algo good for low - mid end gpu's not high end.
hammuh

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:55:44 PM

We need an AMD dev to take a look at this.
ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:12:04 PM

Will Bitmain FORK?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:33:06 PM

yea you mean swap area while installing linux, yes i did that..
its not working for you? whats the error its giving?

I haven't tried it yet.  Just wanted to know.  Thank you for your answer and clarification. 

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
2stout

Activity: 2380
Merit: 586

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:37:04 PM

Wow, this could be potentially be the foundation of/for something groundbreaking in the battle against Bitmain dirty practices.
Xazax310

Activity: 246
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:47:38 PM

Look at this project: https://github.com/nnmin/NeuralMinerETH
thri2

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:06:45 PM

I had this working on HIVEos then suddenly after rebooting kept getting a runtime error... even after reformatting HIVEos, still get the same issue...

root@aa:~# panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference                                                                                                                               
        panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference                                                                                                                                   
[signal SIGSEGV: segmentation violation code=0x1 addr=0x330 pc=0x636a26]   
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:13:11 PM

Have you looked? Show us your screen and earning url.
dnssandbox

Activity: 57
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:19:09 PM

I had this working on HIVEos then suddenly after rebooting kept getting a runtime error... even after reformatting HIVEos, still get the same issue...

root@aa:~# panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference                                                                                                                                

I am having the same issue..
Had it running on a 1080 ti Ethos box.

I rebooted and  now I get this error every time.

does anyone have any suggestions?
grendel25
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:50:53 PM

Yep, a few posts up... try setting up a swap file to add memory --OR-- add more physical RAM to your system.  Just google "Linux add swap file cli"  or "Linux Ubuntu swap file increase ram cli" or whatever your OS is if it isn't Ubuntu so you can add a swap file thus boosting your virtual memory.   It sounds like you are getting memory error from deficient memory resources allocated either physically or virtually.

in command line in Linux you can do the command "free" without quotations to see how much memory you have allocated and available.

and I'll just add... I wonder if the folks with 1080ti that are getting low hashrate might try again with more physical or virtual memory resources allocated.

..EPICENTRAL .....
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:01:15 PM

I feel like they're probably more powerful and they're redirecting the majority of the computational power of the device somewhere else but getting the miner to pay for the hardware an power they're siphoning off for personal profit.

When you have no understanding of something, jumping straight into a conspiracy theory is pretty ridiculous. All you would have to do is wireshark the network interface for 10 seconds to see its not sending out secret hashes elsewhere. Please do not fall into the tin foil idocy that pervades these forums nowadays. Try to make statements based on fact.

Heres a lil secret: The B3 uses the Sophon AI chip, which is a more general purpose chip than a standard ASIC and can be used for many other things.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:16:52 PM

What people fail to realize is that this coin really isn't even that profitable for owners of the B3.  It only brings in about $10 a day.  The benefit of the B3 is that it was only $1600 and it uses 360 watts.  It would take 5 gtx 1080ti's to match the hashrate, making it more profitable to mine something else.  What would really do well would be the v100.
thri2

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:18:14 PM

Yep, a few posts up... try setting up a swap file to add memory --OR-- add more physical RAM to your system.  Just google "Linux add swap file cli"  or "Linux Ubuntu swap file increase ram cli" or whatever your OS is if it isn't Ubuntu so you can add a swap file thus boosting your virtual memory.   It sounds like you are getting memory error from deficient memory resources allocated either physically or virtually.

in command line in Linux you can do the command "free" without quotations to see how much memory you have allocated and available.

and I'll just add... I wonder if the folks with 1080ti that are getting low hashrate might try again with more physical or virtual memory resources allocated.

Added 1GB swap file then 4GB to total 5gb and 8gb respectively, same issue. Very strange.
grendel25
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:28:33 PM

Added 1GB swap file then 4GB to total 5gb and 8gb respectively, same issue. Very strange.

someone else had a similar issue and it was recommended to check version or download the most current version.  https://github.com/Bytom/bytom/issues/167

If it's not a version issue then maybe some incompatibility with your system

..EPICENTRAL .....
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Ballscack

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:33:29 PM

what is this!? not even an config helper or anything... hope its not another virus. (250% more eth miner looks scammish)

this is funny: Average performance increase is over 250% compared to the latest Claymore's miner. (if only...)
ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:39:40 PM

Leave alone to crack Bytom for GPU users. It's just not really profitable even for their official miner equipment B3.
Better to use your NVidia to mine something else rather than to compete with their ASIC B3 on this coin. Raven coin is on the rise, give a try it might worth something someday ;-)
Ballscack

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:19:09 PM

Have you looked? Show us your screen and earning url.

DO NOT RUN IT...IT MAKES FILES IN THE BACKGROUND ALL ARE TROJAN.AGENT.VBS
dnssandbox

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:19:45 PM

someone else had a similar issue and it was recommended to check version or download the most current version.  https://github.com/Bytom/bytom/issues/167

none of the suggestions worked..
how do I uninstall it completely so i can reinstall?
dnssandbox

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:40:50 PM

none of the suggestions worked..
how do I uninstall it completely so i can reinstall?

I used a test system, so i just wiped it. so I don't need the information anymore.

if someone has how to completely clean up the BTM Miner installation, it might be helpful to someone else.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: