Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:23:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL New Prices  (Read 2693 times)
goggles1200

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:55:40 PM

Why aren't you guys happy that they lowered prices? Now they are more affordable, and they can reach a broader range of people wanting to get into mining.

Something tells me if they raised the price, you would have complained. Now that they lowered the price, you are complaining. And you complained when they didn't do anything to the price.

Would any of you realistically been happy if they:
A.) Raised the price
B.) Lowered the price
C.) Did nothing, and left the original prices

C'mon, admit it! Half of you are just looking for excuses to complain. When they started offering %25 off a few weeks ago, and everyone else started competing with their prices, they were bound to lower them sooner or later. Roll Eyes

I'm not worried about price as much as I am worried about when I'm getting my product. If they say 3 months, I would expect around 3 months, not 6 months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:41:36 PM

https://products.butterflylabs.com/
did old pre-order ppl get shafted on the new monarch price??

Considering the Monarch is still in development and has not yet been shipped, I would hope Butterfly Labs will do the honorable thing and refund the cost difference to all of their current pre-order holders.

That is the funniest thing I have read all day!!
joeventura

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:43:22 PM

Why aren't you guys happy that they lowered prices? Now they are more affordable, and they can reach a broader range of people wanting to get into mining.

Something tells me if they raised the price, you would have complained. Now that they lowered the price, you are complaining. And you complained when they didn't do anything to the price.

A.) Raised the price
B.) Lowered the price

C'mon, admit it! Half of you are just looking for excuses to complain. When they started offering %25 off a few weeks ago, and everyone else started competing with their prices, they were bound to lower them sooner or later. Roll Eyes

Yes they are more affordable. Problem is that if I order today I may not get it for 3 weeks.

thomas_s

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:45:39 PM

A.) Raised the price
B.) Lowered the price

Yes they are more affordable. Problem is that if I order today I may not get it for 3 weeks.

No not three weeks, its only 2 weeks.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:45:42 PM

A.) Raised the price
B.) Lowered the price

The only news that will make me/us happy is Josh coming clean about where this new products actual phase of production is at....with proof....it'll NEVER happen  Cheesy

So,no,we'll never be happy with BFL....EVER!!!!

The new price means they need more sales,BFL is lieing about shipping dates AGAIN & don't forget power consumption  Roll Eyes

Think about it,they raised prices in April on the 65nm stuff knowing folks would pay the extra,thinking they would ship ASAP.

More lies about 2 weeks™ here & 2 weeks™ there,it actually was about late June when shipping started with any volume.

They're morons & will NEVER get any product out in ANY timeframe they set at the time of announcing said product,it's been proven TWICE now & will not be any different now or in the future  Wink

Yes,you will get a product...BUT,like I said it WILL be late & WILL be overpowered..........

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:35:13 AM

Did BFL customers get shafted?  Depends on how you look at it.  In dollar terms, perhaps they didn't.  The first customers to receive their BFL Monarchs in March or April 2014 (let's face it, everyone knew Nov/Dec 2013 was another BFL '2 weeks' promise) are likely to be making many times more dollars per day than someone ordering today, who is likely to see their investment make $5 per day by the time it's delivered in maybe August or September 2014.
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:49:50 AM

To good to be true.  I ran the number at mining.thegenesisblock.com, and if you get it in January the maximum profit you will make is $3,600?  Could that be the reasoning for the price drop, or am I missing something?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:43:22 AM

All we're asking for is that their product specs and shipping dates be somewhat accurate. As it is now, BFL's specs and dates are pure lies.

Buy & Hold
xzempt

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:15:10 AM

There will be no shortage of people that continue to order...
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:15:44 AM

Obviously there was a shortage, hence the sale.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
jaredfarnum

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 03:23:00 AM

$984 for the 50GH/s is a reasonable price.

Nah, that's double the price of a Bitmain miner.

Could you share what Bitmain miner exactly? Please provide a link.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:10:39 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383486.0

200 GH/s for 3.15 btc (~$2250)

Buy & Hold
Kaega

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:38:25 AM

I have 4 and they're awesome.  Runs at 200 GH/s all day at ~400watts/ea, runs independently of a pc.  Between order and in house mining less than 5 days.  5 DAYS!

Disclaimer:  I also have 6x 60GH/s from BFL, ordered in March '13, received in October '13... *sigh*

Protect your coin: Buy a Treznor
reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:01:24 PM

A.) Raised the price
B.) Lowered the price

People on here use any excuse to whine.  It is sad.  If people want to buy they can, otherwise they can spend their money elsewhere.  Starting a new thread every time ManuX does something is why this forum has become so overrun with nonsense.  Should be one thread per Manufacturer, just look at KNC, you can read through hundreds of pages of bickering and horror stories (along with lots of happy customers) all in one thread.  For some reason the geniuses that love to spam this forum have decided that for some vendors, like BFL, we need a new thread every week as if people can't run a simple search to understand the quality and delivery speed that BFL offers.
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 01:42:14 PM

I wouldn't complain if price went up - didn't complain with the 65nm products neither when price went up. i was a happy camper at that point.

Thing is, with this price cut, they shafted the preorder people BAD! Knowing BFL there is not going to be significant time delay on the cheaper products neither.
Competition moved forwards sure, BFL seems to have charged too much to begin with.

I have spent A LOT with BFL, up until several weeks ago i was happy with BFL, DESPITE delays. I like the form factor, how they are plug and play ready to use devices etc.
That all changed when one of the 65nm 60Gh units i received have 5% HW errors, no reply from BFL - ok it was hashing just fine tho, then my last order of 4x7Gh was received, 2 of which didn't perform even at 6Gh, 1 of which had 7-8% HW errors, and worst of all: NOT EVERYTHING in my order was received! No reply from BFL, no refund etc.

and now this "Happy new year, F! YOU PREORDER PEOPLE" shit.
They need to compensate that. All those who preordered got properly shafted. The same people who made sure they got the development funds. They are shafting the people who brings in the dough for them.

I know i want be making a new order with BFL - no matter what. I'm damn sure i'm not alone.
Most likely most of the people who make big return orders, ie. big miners, like myself will not be making more orders with BFL unless they offer A BIG discount compared to the competition to compensate for the lack of customer care, delays in shipping and BS stunts like this.

What BFL just did was 60% devaluation of your preorder - i don't believe for a moment there is a significant lead time for the 4700$ price tag items before the 2100$ ones ship.
They shafted their most important customer base - those who "invest" into BFL, believe in them. The least they could do is even attempt to compensate for this.

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:00:22 PM

They shafted their most important customer base - those who "invest" into BFL, believe in them. The least they could do is even attempt to compensate for this.

But but... You're getting free water-cooling as compensation.

Are you not happy with that ?!
joeventura

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:01:57 PM

Obviously there was a shortage, hence the sale.

+1
xzempt

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:44:53 PM

They could at least have the singles get 60-70ghs...
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:01:50 PM

I have 4 and they're awesome.  Runs at 200 GH/s all day at ~400watts/ea, runs independently of a pc.  Between order and in house mining less than 5 days.  5 DAYS!

100% agree. bitmain is great group to deal with and i am waiting on my 3rd purchase from them to deliver this week (ordered thursday shipped yesterday via UPS)

BFL is truly a turd amongst turds - the kind that smells rancid even underwater. This 'sale' is a slap in the face of those who pre-ordered a monach and were promised a december shipment. based on what weve seen, the monarch wont be ready until late february

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:04:51 PM

https://products.butterflylabs.com/
did old pre-order ppl get shafted on the new monarch price??

Considering the Monarch is still in development and has not yet been shipped, I would hope Butterfly Labs will do the honorable thing and refund the cost difference to all of their current pre-order holders.

Lol, like give the first monarch buyers a 5% discount off their next purchase or some shit lol

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: