Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:30:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we have Sub-forums here?  (Read 1132 times)
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:18:21 PM

Wouldn't child-boards/sub-forums make life a lot easier on the mod as well?

Mod, you out there?  Grin

What part of "Not Happening" from Theymos, the founder/owner/admin of Bitcointalk do you not understand?

Before you delve off into something in stupidland by saying, "Then we'll just start our own alt forum and take most of BCT's traffic with us" keep in mind that is exactly what they want, that is, for all of this alt coin garbage to leave. Actually a few "alt forums" have been tried and they all fail because all alts are tied directly to Bitcoin. As far as taking any significant amount of traffic, this sub forum is less than 10% of the total traffic and is about 99% of this bullshit no site wants.

The only reason this forum exist is to keep the very crap you are complaining about that being spam, giveaways and pointless threads out of the main Bitcoin forum. It seems to work beautifully as you idiots think this is the "main board" LOL

~BCX~

No where did I see "Not Happening", nor do I see a post by Theymos here. So, to answer your question, it would be "that part". I have no idea what you are referencing.

I really had no idea that asking a question, that I thought was actually helpful in the end, would be such a bad thing. I feel like I unknowingly asked the mother of all questions that is not allowed to be asked (and I should have known), as some of the responses are out of left field and I don't understand them and the hate.

Not sure why you are being so unfriendly to me about my question either. Does saying things with reference to "stupidland" really help out here? Look at my post history, I'm not a trouble maker at all. Perhaps you are grouping me with others.

So, if I am to understand your post correctly, essentially, you are saying that this alt forum is by design disorganized as they really don't even want talk about other Cryptos? I love BTC, am behind it but don't see that perspective as doing anything but eventually coming back to bite us in the behind.

Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:18:10 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2016, 01:36:11 PM by Starlightbreaker

Wouldn't child-boards/sub-forums make life a lot easier on the mod as well?

Mod, you out there?  Grin

What part of "Not Happening" from Theymos, the founder/owner/admin of Bitcointalk do you not understand?

Before you delve off into something in stupidland by saying, "Then we'll just start our own alt forum and take most of BCT's traffic with us" keep in mind that is exactly what they want, that is, for all of this alt coin garbage to leave. Actually a few "alt forums" have been tried and they all fail because all alts are tied directly to Bitcoin. As far as taking any significant amount of traffic, this sub forum is less than 10% of the total traffic and is about 99% of this bullshit no site wants.

The only reason this forum exist is to keep the very crap you are complaining about that being spam, giveaways and pointless threads out of the main Bitcoin forum. It seems to work beautifully as you idiots think this is the "main board" LOL

~BCX~

No where did I see "Not Happening", nor do I see a post by Theymos here. So, to answer your question, it would be "that part". I have no idea what you are referencing.

I really had no idea that asking a question, that I thought was actually helpful in the end, would be such a bad thing. I feel like I unknowingly asked the mother of all questions that is not allowed to be asked (and I should have known), as some of the responses are out of left field and I don't understand them and the hate.

Not sure why you are being so unfriendly to me about my question either. Does saying things with reference to "stupidland" really help out here? Look at my post history, I'm not a trouble maker at all. Perhaps you are grouping me with others.

So, if I am to understand your post correctly, essentially, you are saying that this alt forum is by design disorganized as they really don't even want talk about other Cryptos? I love BTC, am behind it but don't see that perspective as doing anything but eventually coming back to bite us in the behind.

Its about sharing

you weren't the first one, nor will be the last one.

once upon a time, all the altcoin discussions were in the mining subforum, shitton of people complained, now they localized all the trash in one single location.

easier to manage, easier to ignore.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:22:46 PM

Tell all these haters what's up.

Altcoins rule.
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:51:30 PM

No where did I see "Not Happening", nor do I see a post by Theymos here.

No shit dumbass.

Why don't you try using the magic box called "Search".

Theymos and several mods have answered this question quite a few times in the past.

Seriously, I stopped counting after 30 threads I found via the "magic box" on this subject.

~BCX~

Added: One of quite a few similar responses from mods.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199691.msg2089774#msg2089774

Its 100% not going to happen, sorry guys, it wasn't my decision, but I still don't personally support child boards for each coin even if it was mine to make. There would be 50 new sections that would need to go up daily, and then when an alt coin dies, it would need to be removed, etc etc.

This is the Bitcoin forum with an Altcoin subsection. Its not really designed, or meant to be the official place to be for alt coins. That would be the individual coin's forums.

All the best to you. Be careful, I heard money destroys people. Makes them insensitive, etc.

Lots of Luv,
Don't forget,
Its about sharing  Grin

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
mfhc

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:18:38 PM

At least, there could be created some static thread, which would contain links to all major altcoins forums or homepages.
iram4049

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 08:27:39 AM

they are correct this is bitcoin forum not alt coins. People could create a forum for alts instead of using this one!

+1, bitcoin-talk!
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:36:21 AM

BitcoinEXpress - I guess never say never. The timing of the move was funny, like 1 day after starting this thread, but I'm sure just a coincidence.

Always room for improvement.
Its about sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: