Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:13:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you in for the TECH or MONEY?  (Read 528 times)
Sonajin_Coin

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 04:42:04 PM

I've been burnt so many times by good sounding projects that I haven't invested for a long time at least in any ERC20s (which are 99% scams/worthless to me or as valuable as stock options after the dot bomb crash).  Innovation is definitely great but only as great and honest as the team behind it is in my opinion.  Now my mission is to create a cryptocurrency that just works properly and that solves the current issues.

I am very passionate about blockchain and want to help create an ecosystem that solves the current problems and helps others and the whole industry thrive while still working with the existing coins.

Cheers!

So you lost money on projects with the wrong team or ideas? And now you want to create your own cryptocurrency  Huh

I'm thinking about some quote I saw:
WRONG = Blockchain > Which problem can we solve?
GOOD = Problem > Can we use blockchain?

I think you need to really understand the project begint the blockchain. What does it solve?
If it solve a real problem and it is really better then a centralized system.. it is possible you get profit.

But don't think it will be a Uber or AirBNB.. You need much more then a good idea.
Which projects did you choose?

Hey Boxxl sorry for not being clear.  I don't wish to bash the projects on here that I think have been a bad investment or outright scams.  Of course you can't expect a huge return over night but what I'm talking about are overseas scammers who deceive the investors and never deliver or never intend to but put on the facade that they will and then suddenly the team disappears or doesn't provide updates.  There are so many scams in the cryptocurrency world from currencies to ICOs that we've become fed up so to speak.  Even teams and ideas that appear legitimate are often not.  I'd go as far as to say that 99% of ICOs are essentially scams and will not succeed and haven't succeeded.

As far as the cryptocurrency goes we feel that no single coin addresses the all encompassing needs of end users and business in one so we're here to solve that problem.  The ICO problem is really not solvable unless the SEC does it for Ethereum (which they may).

We're here to fix the problems in the industry and create a stable ecosystem for the future.

How about yourself?  Are you the COTI owner or on the team?  I do think they've run their ICO fairly well but only time will tell which teams deliver.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:14:09 PM

I think for most people it was about the money to begin with, but the irresistible lure of tech was too exciting and progressive to ignore. To be a part of change is a huge responsibility, and i think this volatility is giving everyone a fitting education needed for helpful application.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:39:37 AM

We are investing in cryptocurrencies because we believe that the technology that a specific cryptocurrency provide are unique and have the potential use cases in the future, right? So I'm into cryptocurrency because of the technology and the profit that I can get from investing on it, but we cannot deny the truth that most people just want to invest because of the money but the worst is some are investing without understanding the purpose of the coin that they want to buy. This is also why there are lots of people that is being scammed by those fake cryptocurrency related startup companies.
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 07:45:56 AM

I'm in for both the tech and money. I really think that Crypto will go mainstream in the future, because of the great technology that is involved, and once this happens everyone who was in crypto early will earn a big amount of money.

mary_55

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:43:58 PM

Fully Agreed with you. I also think that blockchain is really something different technology that will make the tasks easier and hassle free. In current days most of the big corporations have adopt the technology and in coming days its acceptability will rise more and more.
nata777

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:58:14 PM

For me, the main thing is money. Technology is certainly cool, but I came here for money
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:06:43 PM

The best is to go for both

Because the tech will bring you more money

Going after money is not always favorable or good
Or exceedingly rewarding

But if you go after a project
You study it, know it’s potential and make lots of money investing in them
steplaza

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:11:22 PM

that's a topical question I've heard very often between people using cryptos.
For most of us the answer is that we're in for the money, can't lie about that. As for me though, I am fascinated by how the tech could change some aspects of our lives that have been widely accepted and stable for decades. So this idea of disrupting previous paradigms is also very intriguing to me.
iigor

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:14:08 PM

I got in, because of the money and the opportunity crypto is presenting. Now I am very interested in the tech, because it is fascinating. 

mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:51:09 PM

So to be honest of course I am here for the money, but I think most of the people are here for the money. But I have understood aswell that the blockchain is an technology which has huge advantages

Yes, but it looks there are more people for the quick money. But it is a good think not only nerds getting into blockchain  Grin
I think you get your profit when you really believe in the project after a good research.

To be honest I am here also for money, because it offers a lot of opportunities. I am holding for long term and some with short term depends on a project that I got in. And it's nice being here because I believe I am being part of innovation of tech.
Huskarls

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:53:28 PM

Hi,

I know Bitcoin since 2014. Sold my 3 BTC for $600,-  Grin
But I made also some better profit..

I'm in the crypto for all the great innovations. Not only for the money..
When I see this video from LIT then I see a bright future for blockchain.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktBGWmWgmxw&feature=youtu.be)

It's not only about transactions.. there are so much things you can decentralize and disable the person you pay now.
That's why I think blockchain can be MUCH bigger.. I mean MUCH bigger!!  Grin

I have big expectations for crypto. I only invest in projects with innovative tech. If you do this the project will rise.  Smiley

honestly, I have not seen any real results from the implementation of the inovative technology you mean. are there any projects that have been successful?
We know, there have been hundreds of projects that admit they are experts in the field of inovative technology, but the real evidence is necessary. thats why i entered crypto for money, recently.
jojowar

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:47:06 AM

At first I was engaged in cryptocurrency when a friend of mine told me that he earned additional income on it that is why I am here for the money. But when I learned about blockchain, cryptocurrency and project development created in here I am also interested in the technology.

ungongbuotan

Activity: 290

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:00:03 AM

My first goal was to make money and profit out of bitcoin. Since my day job is not paying that much I decided to venture into the cryptocurrency world hoping to earn extra income. Now I can buy and pay for my needs and wants. Recently I got hooked on the technology around it. The more i read about it the more I become intrigue.
rogerjordan07

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:45:13 AM

Well, everyone here is for money. I think if yoou want to make profit in this field, then you have to make a thorough research on everything. I personally believe in long term investments. You can try that also.
sainaselalisa

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:54:36 AM

Innovation is great but it needs to be the environment friendly. Not all innovation is good for the people. Innovation requires a lot of time, dedication and experience. So instead of using time to just innovate new coin, we can innovate in the bitcoin. Bitcoin is the powerful currency in the crypto currency market and is doing trade successfully from many years. So when we have good coin, what is the need for innovation?
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:57:05 AM

I do find the technology interesting and so far I have invested in one project for a crypto debit card but mostly my interest is in making money from ICO and crypto opportunities in general.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
chrismartin

Activity: 340
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:58:11 AM

For me, im in to both mate,  the money and technology. Because, as we invest to them, we are using their project as a beneficiary and makes our life easier and also getting some profit on it. It doesn't wrong whether where are we in, most important is we are doing it good and harmless to others.
ichsan ardi

Activity: 672

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:00:39 AM

Hi,

I know Bitcoin since 2014. Sold my 3 BTC for $600,-  Grin
But I made also some better profit..

I'm in the crypto for all the great innovations. Not only for the money..
When I see this video from LIT then I see a bright future for blockchain.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktBGWmWgmxw&feature=youtu.be)

It's not only about transactions.. there are so much things you can decentralize and disable the person you pay now.
That's why I think blockchain can be MUCH bigger.. I mean MUCH bigger!!  Grin

I have big expectations for crypto. I only invest in projects with innovative tech. If you do this the project will rise.  Smiley

i come here just for money. basicly i really impress about this new tech for future payment.. but in my country, it seem so hard to make this cryptocurrency as a legal payment. so for now, i just enjoy my time in this cryptoworld for earn some money.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
nadbucs

Activity: 182
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:06:59 AM

Cryptos are more known to the public and their value has risen considerably. Most of new adopters on crypto world are those who wants to make money quickly which is  the reason why bitcoin is very  popular nowadays without better understanding what are the technology behind it. In my case, ofcourse I want to earn money at the same time I am learning about blockchain technology and to be updated with new projects.
DarkTaiga

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:29:57 AM

I joined the crypto for money. I think no matter how modern technology is, if you don't have money, you still can't do anything. I will try to earn a lot of money, and then enjoy the technology of the future in the best way. And I'm sure many crypto investors don't understand anything about technology, they just know the crypto is a good opportunity for them to make money.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: