Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:08:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins can now only buy 100 solidcoins, how far will BTC fall against SC  (Read 3904 times)
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 11:15:29 PM

If anyone really wants to make a viable replacement for Bitcoin, ping me. I'm not interested in doing it myself, but I can provide multiple improvement ideas, and possibly some brainstorming.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:16:31 AM

If anyone really wants to make a viable replacement for Bitcoin, ping me. I'm not interested in doing it myself, but I can provide multiple improvement ideas, and possibly some brainstorming.

Same here...
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:35:18 AM

Pinging Luke-Jr with 32 bytes of data...

No response from host server.
 Huh

joulesbeef (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 04:00:13 AM

i saw crazy stuff about luke jr in the blockchain.. I'm betting his first suggestion is to stop that crap.

mooo for rent
joulesbeef (OP)

moOo

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 12:26:15 PM

Now look at solids... caught up to namecoins and still rising

mooo for rent
Anonymous

August 26, 2011, 12:40:49 PM

Someone make a currency where luke-jr is embedded in the genesis block lol
kiwiasian

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 01:04:51 PM

0.027 BTC per and rising. This is great.

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
joulesbeef (OP)

moOo

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:24:36 PM

0.036 and rising

now the question is will they reach a bit dime.

a little far away still but damn at this rate they will be there next week

mooo for rent
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:27:49 PM

How is solidcoin different from bitcoin?

It's just like bitcoin, but even less people use it for anything useful.  I missed the original bitcoin generation feeding frenzy so when IXCoin appeared I fired up my GPUs and produced a solo mined 96 IXCoin block.  Woohoo.  They're completely useless, as are all imitations of bitcoins.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:45:31 PM

First, bitcoin will fall, people will jump and hype SolidCoin, because it's sooo much *cough* better...
Then, people will say, well this is retarded and useless, SolidCoin crashes and dies out.
Then they all have a laugh about how stupid ecurrencies were and how we left so many people holding the bag.
Then the economy crashes and we whish we had put any serious effort into bitcoin instead of making it a personal profit sceme.

Just what my crystal ball tells me.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
coined

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 04:22:57 PM

How is solidcoin different from bitcoin?

the main attraction of the alternate scamcoin chains is greed, to attract people wanting to be early adopters, which drives the price up, which can make it more profitable to mine and exchange for btc then just mining btc. which drives the difficulty up, eventually it will approach a balance with trading for bitcoin vs mining for bitcoin, when you see that coming get out, it may fall faster than you can react if you wait for the collapse to start.
joulesbeef (OP)

moOo

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 07:38:58 PM

well one of the things that has thus far prevented that, is how fast difficulty adjusts.

Solidcoin has been at parity with bitcoin and difficulty a few times, and when people leave the difficulty drops in 12 hours making it profitable again.
the twice daily difficulty readjustments was actually pretty smart and one of the better features of solid coins.

If you look at namecoin, their difficulty dropped a few weeks ago, and we all hopped onto namecoin for about 4 days, and the difficulty went up 400%.. now the diehards are mining at the higher difficulty and it isnt supposed to drop again until decemember 20th when me and others will probably dog pile it again and they will be stuck with the higher difficulty for another 3 months.. that is unless merged mining comes into play.

Solidcoin avoids all of that.

mooo for rent
coined

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 07:54:20 PM

well one of the things that has thus far prevented that, is how fast difficulty adjusts.

Solidcoin has been at parity with bitcoin and difficulty a few times, and when people leave the difficulty drops in 12 hours making it profitable again.
the twice daily difficulty readjustments was actually pretty smart and one of the better features of solid coins.

If you look at namecoin, their difficulty dropped a few weeks ago, and we all hopped onto namecoin for about 4 days, and the difficulty went up 400%.. now the diehards are mining at the higher difficulty and it isnt supposed to drop again until decemember 20th when me and others will probably dog pile it again and they will be stuck with the higher difficulty for another 3 months.. that is unless merged mining comes into play.

Solidcoin avoids all of that.

I agree the twice daily difficulty adjustments was created to keep the game going longer, but it still wont last forever, the miners, especially the big 20GH and up miners will try to keep it going as long as possible jumping on and off, they will hype it up also, but interest and price will fall eventually and each attempt to hop off and on will be less effective than the last,  till eventually "feck it" back to btc, that's how it should go anyway  Grin

maybe one day bitcoin will hit a genuine roadblock with a real need for new protocol, but we're not there yet and solid/ix coin or whatever with there insignificant and simple changes isn't it. thats why I call them scamcoins  Grin
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 03:20:28 PM

I'm profiting nicely with SC to BTC atm (even though it's not as much as everyone else with mega power GPUs and multiple computers running at the same time.I only have 2 comps (1 PC with HD6950 giving ~405MHash/s and MBP giving me ~10MHash/s) running and I have made quite a bit in about a week and hte difficulty drop earlier today made me even richer.I think Sc will be the viable mid term solution as it'll be like the BTC that should have been (with design and difficulty handling)

made over 1BTC (via mining Sc and converting to BTC despite transaction fees) in 1wk compared to 0.67BTC (being mined directly)

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 03:56:41 PM

What is this... The Special Olympics of alternative currencies???

I'd say f*** yeah to that,lol :-)

A race of how fast I can profit  Cool

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:31:20 AM

What is this... The Special Olympics of alternative currencies???

I'd say f*** yeah to that,lol :-)

A race of how fast I can profit  Cool

Well right now it takes 200 solidcoins to buy one BTC. 50% devalue in like a day. Once bitparking shutdown their exchange the price move far down on moon's exchange.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: