Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:06:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: public record, case 13LA09619 won against BFL  (Read 11086 times)
scambutterflylabs (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:21:47 AM

Saw this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1u4v0o/i_sued_bfl_in_kansas_jurisdiction_and_won/

I sued BFL and won. Since I live in California, I had to hire an attorney in Johnson County KS. I won by default with damages and atty fees awarded, as BFL failed to show at trial.
My case is a matter of public record, case 13LA09619
BFL has now failed to respond to their loss of the suit and we are looking for ways to collect via lien, direct bank account deduction, etc. In addition we will be shortly expanding a second lawsuit based upon the proof of fraud whereby our bitcoins will be returned to us via a court procedure known as 'recession' [where the court orders that you are returned to the same position today that existed before the fraud occurred] and will seek to secure our bitcoins by way of a replevin order.
These processes are time and money consuming, but as BFL continues to ignore the court orders, their fines and fees are increasing from the date of our original judgment.
The chief obstacle for execution of a recession and replevin order is the notion that bitcoins [even though digital] are a type of property that can be 'seized' or returned, by an action provisioned under instructions given to a sheriff acting on orders from the court.
Of course, we crypto-geeks know that this can be easily accomplished, but BTCs are a new "unknown" to the US jurisprudential system, and our attorney has to guide them through the process and allow them to conclude that "this can be done".
If anyone is interested in filing suit against BFL remotely, I have an EXCELLENT attorney-- and since he has already won the first suit, it is a foregone conclusion he can win yours.
Now the caveat: BFL is very skilled at moving its money and its accounts around the various banks in Leawood Kansas. Our investigator has determined that they had accounts in certain banks which are now closed, but we suspect that they are no longer using the registered corp-name BF Labs Inc as the corporate name on the account they use to pay their local employees-- and they DO have to pay their employees somehow.
Speculation is that they have moved to using ADP or another third party payroll system and have masked their accounts.
We are pursuing a subpoena to force a court appearance by Sect/Treasurer Jody Drake to disclose the location of assets.
Anyone wishing information on the progress of the suit and information regarding process and procedures can contact me at info at coinpositive dot com.
This has been an expensive process, but BFL should not be allowed to defraud the public.
If you found this helpful, you can donate mBTCs to this address: 14nu944b3Lpe1yPEAzCoaTyMrs6rsPNbtM
Or mLTCs to this address: LL1LPKCkxJwQpyKphtKqkBoVE7xXi1eZzd
I will try to help as many who ask. God Bless and Happy New Year
Looks like he took the advice I made a while back on small claims and getting liens.

I am quite comforted to know that he has been awarded judgements, has found someone competent in the execution of BitCoin related cases, recovery of funds and is seeking a subpoena to evaluate where funds are stored at BFL headquarters.

No doubt he may not be alone? Only time can tell, please help donate to him so that his path may be smooth...for himself and others following their own cases.

This deserves it's own thread.

If BFL is actively working to hide their accounts that means there are a lot of judgements out there...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 03:35:15 AM

+1 for your username....

Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:45:49 AM

Well done.

MOAR lawsuits please.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:06:10 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2014, 05:30:55 AM by PuertoLibre

Happy New Years!!! Cheesy Wink Smiley

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1u4v0o/i_sued_bfl_in_kansas_jurisdiction_and_won/?sort=new

http://www.jococourts.org/index.aspx
(Just enter the case number: 13LA09619)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 06:55:04 AM

Interesting.  First I've heard of this... I wonder who they served (if anyone in BFL).  You know you really screwed up your "win" when the defendant first hears about a case on an unrelated 3rd party internet forum, heh.

Should be an open and shut case to get this re-opened and dismissed.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
A1ty

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:58:17 AM

Saw this on Reddit as well. Interesting to see how they get the money from them.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:00:36 AM

Waa Huh Sonny didn't tell you his company was being sued Huh   Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:14:43 AM

Interesting.  First I've heard of this... I wonder who they served (if anyone in BFL).  You know you really screwed up your "win" when the defendant first hears about a case on an unrelated 3rd party internet forum, heh.

Such words of wisdom from Josh. Shouldn't you be working on writing your next delay??

Avalanche is a must own
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:35:36 AM

Interesting.  First I've heard of this... I wonder who they served (if anyone in BFL).  You know you really screwed up your "win" when the defendant first hears about a case on an unrelated 3rd party internet forum, heh.

Such words of wisdom from Josh. Shouldn't you be working on writing your next delay??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=278844.msg3418969#msg3418969

"Like I said... internet lawyers.  Dumb as a box of rocks.  How that Internet Law Degree treating you?" - Inaba

Insults have a way of working against people. How is that Internet Law Degree treating you now? Pfft the comedy.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 01:32:28 PM

Interesting.  First I've heard of this... I wonder who they served (if anyone in BFL).  You know you really screwed up your "win" when the defendant first hears about a case on an unrelated 3rd party internet forum, heh.

LOL the Organ Grinder didn't tell the Monkey Boy they got served.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 02:08:21 PM

That's awesome.

I wonder if this has anything to do with BFL dropping the price on a 50 Gh/s Single to $984 until January 5, or selling a 300 Gh/s Monarch pre-order for $1200 (down from $2800).

It usually does not look good to sell brand new products for more than half off. Seems like a desperate ploy for $$$ to me.

Cash flow problems perhaps?
gbx

Activity: 226

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:37:10 PM

I'm guessing you should probably update your official mailing address on your business license.

https://www.kansas.gov/bess/flow/main?execution=e1s5

Perhaps in 2014, you can redirect some of the energy you spend defending your business practices in these 3rd party forums into resolving ACTUAL customer issues.

Fix the underlying root cause.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 08:40:48 PM

I'm guessing you should probably update your official mailing address on your business license.

https://www.kansas.gov/bess/flow/main?execution=e1s5

I will pass that along to those responsible for keeping that up to date.

Perhaps in 2014, you can redirect some of the energy you spend defending your business practices in these 3rd party forums into resolving ACTUAL customer issues.

Fix the underlying root cause.

It's an area we are working on.  I have no direct control over that area, so redirecting any of my energies to that would be fruitless.  Regardless, though, I only post here for entertainment purposes and when I have spare time (like sitting on a plane, holidays, etc...) and it's what I occasionally choose to do with my free time, so again, it would be fruitless, even if I did have direct control over it. 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:26:03 PM

Sure, Josh. I'm positive the judge doesnt give a shit that you gave him the middle finger by not sending a lawyer. Ignorance is not a defense. Go off yourself.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
dbasql

Activity: 219

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:23:06 PM

Awesome
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:52:44 PM

An Update:

http://www.reddit.com/user/coinpositivedotcom
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:05:20 AM

That court case was back in November, why are we hearing about it in January?
gbx

Activity: 226

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:45:18 AM

That court case was back in November, why are we hearing about it in January?

Likely a 30 day statute of limitations for an appeal.  I'm sure if he's represented by an attorney, that he advised him when to talk about the case...

RoiToi

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:58:14 AM

So is it truthful to say BFL has been judged guilty of fraud in a US court of law?
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:12:15 PM

That's awesome.

I wonder if this has anything to do with BFL dropping the price on a 50 Gh/s Single to $984 until January 5, or selling a 300 Gh/s Monarch pre-order for $1200 (down from $2800).

It usually does not look good to sell brand new products for more than half off. Seems like a desperate ploy for $$$ to me.

Cash flow problems perhaps?

didnt take long to burn thru that $1 million order money I guess...   imagine how mad that buyer is gonna be when BFL doesnt deliver that...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: