Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:44:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Auction] Finished - Official BTCC Sponsored: BTCC Mint Collectibles  (Read 3658 times)
BTCC_Official (OP)

Activity: 485
Merit: 294

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:41:39 PM

Will items that won't get paid reauctioned?

Yes, that's what I'm thinking right now.

(and obviously, bar people newbies and/or even bar people who haven't already bid on the item before.)

We will have a good decision soon; don't worry.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:41:51 PM

Someone sent me a reminder re this auction, so just for the record here's my very late night replies and why I've lost interest in it, but hopefully it will help make other auctions a bit better managed.

"Btcc auction!!!"

Me: Fuck that, Bobby 'hates' the idea of me winning a bunch and some total newbie account/s are high bidding, I have enough already tbh and can't be bothered trying to find a way to politically correctly bid.

"I don't beleive those newbis are gonna pay...

But maybe it's a Chinese to English thing that loses something in translation.

Like there's no way someone sane would be like please stop bidding on my auction it's not fair to other people. "

Me: Maybe they will, maybe they won't, it's actually a good tactic to use a newbie account as ppl will think you may be just fake bidding the price up so not bid against you, the auction is a total mess imo, like in regular top end auction houses new bidders (actually especially ones from China who are notorious for not honouring their bids and not paying) have to per-register and also show proof of funds and often put down a hefty deposit.

To me it is irresponsible to encourage newbie bidders without making sure to other bidders that they are legit and actually have the funds.

He basically, or someone that he listened to, didn't like me going blam at the beginning and high bidding all the coins, but it was early days then and low bids, now I don't even have one single high bid left in the running, anyway their loss as I'm sure the sellers would have appreciated me doing it at the end now and I would have on some of the coins at least but have been put off bothering about that sale as I really don't need to participate in stuff that isn't fun for me any more.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:42:21 PM

C 2.21
BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:44:13 PM

Someone sent me a reminder re this auction, so just for the record here's my very late night replies and why I've lost interest in it, but hopefully it will help make other auctions a bit better managed.

"Btcc auction!!!"

Me: Fuck that, Bobby 'hates' the idea of me winning a bunch and some total newbie account/s are high bidding, I have enough already tbh and can't be bothered trying to find a way to politically correctly bid.

Like there's no way someone sane would be like please stop bidding on my auction it's not fair to other people. "

Me: Maybe they will, maybe they won't, it's actually a good tactic to use a newbie account as ppl will think you may be just fake bidding the price up so not bid against you, the auction is a total mess imo, like in regular top end auction houses new bidders (actually especially ones from China who are notorious for not honouring their bids and not paying) have to per-register and also show proof of funds and often put down a hefty deposit.

To me it is irresponsible to encourage newbie bidders without making sure to other bidders that they are legit and actually have the funds.

He basically, or someone that he listened to, didn't like me going blam at the beginning and high bidding all the coins, but it was early days then and low bids, now I don't even have one single high bid left in the running, anyway their loss as I'm sure the sellers would have appreciated me doing it at the end now and I would have on some of the coins at least but have been put off bothering about that sale as I really don't need to participate in stuff that isn't fun for me any more.

Hi Otoh,

I'm not sure how I offended you earlier, as you now appear upset at my earlier comments.

Didn't mean to discourage you.  Maybe I misunderstood your intentions.  Sorry!

thanks,
Bobby
bavicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 1848
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:45:07 PM

"Btcc auction!!!"

Shill bidding cash grab FTW!!!

Agreed, this is the craziest auction I've ever seen. Suddenly all those new accounts pop out of nowhere. Seems completely legit Smiley

The only way is up ~bavicrypto
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 04:46:26 PM

"Btcc auction!!!"

On point!
Shocking that BTCC didn't like you bidding on the items(strange)

And jumping from 1.3 to 2.4 on an item from a brand_new account doesn't really help
BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:47:57 PM

C 2.21

Latest Bids in BTC: (updated through post #165)            
A   2.73   Notawhaleyet   -   2016 Gold-plated “Artists Proof” One Bitcoin
B   2.41   Notawhaleyet   -   2016 Titanium One Bitcoin
C   2.21   BG4   -   2017 Silver One Bitcoin, 1 oz silver #99
D   2.13   Notawhaleyet   -   2016 Bitcoin Chips Signature Set #14
E   16.2   Notawhaleyet   -   1 roll: 20x 2017 Purple 500K-bits Bitcoin Chips
F   3.15   Joochill   -   1 roll: 20x 2016 Black 100K-bits Bitcoin Chips
G   0.80   dmhz   -   2016 Purple 500K-bits Bitcoin Chip #201
H   0.210   dmhz   -   2016 Black 100K-bits Bitcoin Chip #201
J   0.066   anorganix   -   2016 Green 25K-bits Bitcoin Chip #400
K   0.046   anorganix   -   2016 Blue 10K-bits Bitcoin Chip #300
L   0.046   anorganix   -   2 items: 2016 Red 5K-bits Bitcoin Chip #201, and 2016 White 1K-bits Bitcoin Chip #201
M   0.077   Lesbian Cow   -   2 items: 2016 White “Artists Proof” 1K-bits Bitcoin Chip #1994, and 2017 White 1K-bits Bitcoin Chip #5000

Reminder: Auction ends in <5 mins today, Sunday, May 27th.            
(If no more higher bids are placed, this auction will end at 4:53 pm UTC time.)            
Notawhaleyet

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:50:33 PM

Newbies HAVE THE FUCKING RIGHTS TO BID. OKAY?  Angry

If i dont pay someone else will .. THATS IT!
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:52:39 PM

Here's where the newbie gets mad and pulls or doesn't honor his bids because of the expected and proper call outs by actual collectors. Script going according to plan.
bavicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 1848
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:53:28 PM

Newbies HAVE THE FUCKING RIGHTS TO BID. OKAY?  Angry

I guess a lot of people would sell you their entire collection for those prices lol. I feel sorry for BG4 that he fell for it :/

The only way is up ~bavicrypto
BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:55:48 PM

Auction has ended!

Here are the final results:

A   2.73   Notawhaleyet   -   2016 Gold-plated “Artists Proof” One Bitcoin
B   2.41   Notawhaleyet   -   2016 Titanium One Bitcoin
C   2.21   BG4   -   2017 Silver One Bitcoin, 1 oz silver #99
D   2.13   Notawhaleyet   -   2016 Bitcoin Chips Signature Set #14
E   16.2   Notawhaleyet   -   1 roll: 20x 2017 Purple 500K-bits Bitcoin Chips
F   3.15   Joochill   -   1 roll: 20x 2016 Black 100K-bits Bitcoin Chips
G   0.80   dmhz   -   2016 Purple 500K-bits Bitcoin Chip #201
H   0.210   dmhz   -   2016 Black 100K-bits Bitcoin Chip #201
J   0.066   anorganix   -   2016 Green 25K-bits Bitcoin Chip #400
K   0.046   anorganix   -   2016 Blue 10K-bits Bitcoin Chip #300
L   0.046   anorganix   -   2 items: 2016 Red 5K-bits Bitcoin Chip #201, and 2016 White 1K-bits Bitcoin Chip #201
M   0.077   Lesbian Cow   -   2 items: 2016 White “Artists Proof” 1K-bits Bitcoin Chip #1994, and 2017 White 1K-bits Bitcoin Chip #5000

Lincoln6Echo
Legendary

Activity: 2459
Merit: 1057

Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:55:58 PM

Here's where the newbie gets mad and pulls or doesn't honor his bids because of the expected and proper call outs by actual collectors. Script going according to plan.

I would be very disappointed by BTCC if not paid items didn't get reauctioned.
hybridsole

Activity: 944
Merit: 783

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:56:51 PM

Right?  You would think a person who created an account minutes before placing bids significantly higher than the others would have a little tact and understand how it might not be received well.  Instead they are just proving the point even more.
Joochill

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:05:28 PM

I bid for F, I will pay for it.
This is a new account, but I have been involved from 2013.
BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:06:47 PM

ATTENTION: Important details about payments and shipping addresses:

In order to prevent fraud through identity theft and hijacked accounts, we will utilize the following procedure for payments and specifying of shipping address.

1) After the auction ends, we will update the OP listing the winners, along with the total amount of BTC for all lots won by the winner.

2) We will then need each winner to send us a PM/DM, with your name, desired shipping address, email address, and mobile phone number. (You can also specify that you want to pick it up in person at our BTCC office in Shanghai, China, by giving us your real name, passport number, date of birth, and mobile number. We will use that information to match up your credentials when you come for pickup. Deadline for pickup is June 30, 2018.)

3) Only after we have received your individual PM/DM with personal details, we will then update the OP to give a unique Bitcoin BTC Payment Address for each winner. You will have until Friday, June 1, to make your payment.

4) After your payment is received, you will NOT be able to change the shipping address or the pickup method anymore. This is really to protect you, such that even if your Forum account is comprised later, we will NOT obey any instructions to re-route shipping destination.

5) Finally: we will NEVER send you payment requests via PM/DM. Please see all official postings in the OP. All payment requests and BTC addresses will always be posted in the OP.

Thank you.
BTCC

Congratulations to the auction winners!

Final payment amounts for each winner: (updated to add 0.01 BTC for shipping fee.)

Notawhaleyet - 23.48 BTC
BG4 - 2.22 BTC
Joochill - 3.16 BTC
dmhz - 1.02 BTC
anorganix - 0.168 BTC
Lesbian Cow - 0.087 BTC

Please PM/DM us your details (and after that, we will provide you a unique BTC payment address in the OP):
- Full Name
- Shipping Address
- Email address
- Mobile phone number

If you prefer to pickup in person from BTCC office in Shanghai, the deadline is June 30, 2018.  Please provide the following details:
- Full Name
- Passport number
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Mobile phone number

Thank you.

Please provide the above details via PM/DM in the next 24-48 hours.

Deadline for payment will be 12 noon UTC on Friday, June 1.
We will provide you with payment address in the OP as soon as you've provided the above details.  

Again, we will NOT contact you by PM/DM to ask you to make payment to a bitcoin address.
All payment addresses will be listed in the OP for you.
888cj

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:07:41 PM

If top bidder fails to pay, the bid under it should win, right?
BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:10:22 PM

If top bidder fails to pay, the bid under it should win, right?

No decision will be made yet until we understand the progress of payments.  Stay tuned.

We are obviously assuming (and hoping) that all auction winners will pay up, regardless of forum account age/status.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 05:17:24 PM

It was similar the last time BTCC auctioned the big 25 BTC blocks and 12.5 BTC blocks. A complete newbie account won them and then he paid up. I know it's frustrating, but in the end it doesn't really matter who wins against you if he pays up. Either a legendary or newbie is the same if he pays up. No?

Regards

Joochill

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:24:47 PM

The thing is: "User 'BTCC_Official' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting."
How can I PM BTCC? Thank you for respond.
BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:35:31 PM

The thing is: "User 'BTCC_Official' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting."
How can I PM BTCC? Thank you for respond.

Sorry about that!

Now it’s fixed. You can now send us PM/DM.

Thank you for letting us know.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: