Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:14:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Auction] Finished - Official BTCC Sponsored: BTCC Mint Collectibles  (Read 3658 times)
anorganix
Copper Member

Activity: 970
Merit: 287

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:41:07 PM

The thing is: "User 'BTCC_Official' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies. You should post in their relevant thread to remind them to enable this setting."
How can I PM BTCC? Thank you for respond.

This is the default forum setting, has nothing to do with BTCC's DM preference, all good.
And yes, as long as it's paid, everyone has a right to bid - all of us were brand new at some point - just make sure to honor your payment and don't give these auctions a bad name.

To end this... I'm happy to have participated. It is what it is.

- anx.

I will never send private messages with payment requests for my auctions. I only communicate transparently via the forum (not Telegram, Discord, Skype & others). Please be wary of scammers.
anorganix
Copper Member

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:42:42 PM

Sorry guy i was just trying to be rich like you please help:  Grin  You people have lots of money GOD! one day you will pay to:
18T2rvPc8DKTivUzzMKMBp5yct7hWiBAGP

please

All raised concerns were valid.
Stop acting like a kid. Enjoy your loot.

Wink

I will never send private messages with payment requests for my auctions. I only communicate transparently via the forum (not Telegram, Discord, Skype & others). Please be wary of scammers.
888cj

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:10:54 PM

Be careful guys 2 scammers sent me PMs related to this auction. Don't click any links.:
>> hidayatgp12   
>> arvind1
888cj

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:15:55 PM

Sorry guy i was just trying to be rich like you please help:  Grin  You people have lots of money GOD! one day you will pay to:

please

So, the largest winner of the auction was a Troll?

Can the 2nd highest bids be given a chance to make a payment?

BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:16:58 PM

MAKE NO PAYMENTS UNTIL THIS IS STRAIGHTEN OUT
hybridsole

Activity: 944
Merit: 783

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:18:32 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 06:29:42 PM by hybridsole

Wow, so this was all just an elaborate phishing campaign.

Step 1  - Brand new account makes large, clearly invalid bids

Step 2 - More established user PMs the second highest bidder after auction ends with a link to the original auction post saying they won and congratulations.

Step 3 - Hope the "winner" doesn't look at the URL and notice it's not on Bitcointalk before paying.

See screenshot:

bavicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 1848
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:24:06 PM

true story lol.
Be careful guys, always check the url to make sure you're not on the wrong website.
And don't click links you receive via pm from members you don't know.

The only way is up ~bavicrypto
BTCC_Official (OP)

Activity: 485
Merit: 294

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:07:30 PM

Newbies HAVE THE FUCKING RIGHTS TO BID. OKAY?  Angry

If i dont pay someone else will .. THATS IT!

Hi Notawhaleyet,

Even though you're a newbie user, if you are genuine, then we are pleased to have you participate in this auction.

The auction is now over, and currently, based on your last bids, you're the winner of 4 lots:

A   2.73   Notawhaleyet   -   2016 Gold-plated “Artists Proof” One Bitcoin
B   2.41   Notawhaleyet   -   2016 Titanium One Bitcoin
D   2.13   Notawhaleyet   -   2016 Bitcoin Chips Signature Set #14
E   16.2   Notawhaleyet   -   1 roll: 20x 2017 Purple 500K-bits Bitcoin Chips

As instructed, I'm looking for you to send me this information by PM:

Please PM/DM us your details (and after that, we will provide you a unique BTC payment address in the OP):
- Full Name
- Shipping Address
- Email address
- Mobile phone number

If you prefer to pickup in person from BTCC office in Shanghai, the deadline is June 30, 2018.  Please provide the following details:
- Full Name
- Passport number
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Mobile phone number

Once you have sent us the details, we will proceed with the payment phase, to provide you with a custom BTC payment address in the OP.

Since you're a newbie user, and several auction participants have complained that your bids may be phantom and you don't intend to pay, I urge you to take this message seriously, and PM me within ~24 hours, by 6:00 pm UTC time, on Monday, May 28.

If you PM us your details, and then proceed to pay within 72 hours, then all is good.

If you don't PM us your shipping details and contact information, I will then cancel all of your bids, and those lots you bid on, (A, B, C, D, and E) will all go back to a second, private auction, to determine the winning bidder.

(since lot C was won by BG4, he will have a choice to either pay the winning bid now, at 2.21 BTC, or have lot C go back for re-auction.)

All re-auctions will start at the last bid, before your bid, that was placed in message post #113.

If you do not respond by PM within 24 hours, the re-auction details for lots A-E will be announced tomorrow.

thanks,
Bobby

BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:20:18 PM

Congratulations to the auction winners!

Final payment amounts for each winner: (updated to add 0.01 BTC for shipping fee.)

Notawhaleyet - 23.48 BTC
BG4 - 2.22 BTC
Joochill - 3.16 BTC
dmhz - 1.02 BTC
anorganix - 0.168 BTC
Lesbian Cow - 0.087 BTC

Please PM/DM us your details (and after that, we will provide you a unique BTC payment address in the OP):
- Full Name
- Shipping Address
- Email address
- Mobile phone number

If you prefer to pickup in person from BTCC office in Shanghai, the deadline is June 30, 2018.  Please provide the following details:
- Full Name
- Passport number
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Mobile phone number

Thank you.

Please provide the above details via PM/DM in the next 24-48 hours.

Deadline for payment will be 12 noon UTC on Friday, June 1.
We will provide you with payment address in the OP as soon as you've provided the above details.  

Again, we will NOT contact you by PM/DM to ask you to make payment to a bitcoin address.
All payment addresses will be listed in the OP for you.

Hi winners,

3 of you have already PM'ed me, and provided your shipping address and contact details.

I have updated the OP to show your payment address:

BG4 - 2.22 BTC --> (see OP, address shown there.)
Joochill - 3.16 BTC --> (see OP, address shown there.)
Lesbian Cow - 0.087 BTC --> (see OP, address shown there.)

All of you should proceed to pay right away, and you will have 3 days (72) hours to make payment.

Exception for BG4: Due to risk of Notawhaleyet not making payment, your Lot C can go to re-auction if you choose, so please wait another ~24 hours to see if we hear back from him/her via PM.

for dmhz and anorganix, please PM us your details, and we will post your BTC payment address right away.

thanks,
Bobby

hybridsole

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:45:16 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 08:02:34 PM by hybridsole
Merited by Hhampuz (1), killyou73 (1)

Sorry guy i was just trying to be rich like you please help:  Grin  You people have lots of money GOD! one day you will pay to:

please

Bobby - Did you not see this post?  It's just a waste of everyone's time.  

EDIT- I feel like I've wasted four hours of my time on this auction, and won't be participating in any re-auctions.  You've failed to put in place proper ground rules and are being naive when it comes to these shill bidders and scammers.  Some of us anticipated this by putting in place provisional bids because we knew those bids would never be paid.  I'm not going to waste any more time on your auctions here because it seems you don't know how to conduct them to prevent these shenanigans. 
bavicrypto
Copper Member

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:27:24 PM

@BTCC_Official why don’t you simply take the second highest bids in stead of going through an other auction..?

BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:28:39 PM

please

EDIT- I feel like I've wasted four hours of my time on this auction, and won't be participating in any re-auctions.  You've failed to put in place proper ground rules and are being naive when it comes to these shill bidders and scammers.  Some of us anticipated this by putting in place provisional bids because we knew those bids would never be paid.  I'm not going to waste any more time on your auctions here because it seems you don't know how to conduct them to prevent these shenanigans. 

Hybridsole,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please be constructive: tell me what you suggest we do?
Should we just award winner to second place rather than re-auction?

anorganix
Copper Member

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:29:50 PM

- snip -

for dmhz and anorganix, please PM us your details, and we will post your BTC payment address right away.

thanks,
Bobby

Sent, thanks.

hybridsole

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:31:30 PM

please

Hybridsole,

Given that it was pretty obvious a non-serious bid (registered seconds before bid placed, and bidding double a reasonable price on at least one item), I proceeded knowing that it would likely go to the second highest, valid bid.  
BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:31:47 PM

@BTCC_Official why don’t you simply take the second highest bids in stead of going through an other auction..?

Yes, I might do that. Give me a day to think about it.

Something like this:
- For lots that got second place bidding after the trolling bids, we can award winner to second place bidding.
- For lots that got stuck and never got an additional bid, we might just re-auction it this week, or withhold and auction it at the next event.

Comments?
BTCC_Official (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:32:47 PM

please

Hybridsole,

Given that it was pretty obvious a non-serious bid (registered seconds before bid placed, and bidding double a reasonable price on at least one item), I proceeded knowing that it would likely go to the second highest, valid bid.  

Fair enough. Thanks.
hybridsole

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:40:45 PM

Something like this:
- For lots that got second place bidding after the trolling bids, we can award winner to second place bidding.
- For lots that got stuck and never got an additional bid, we might just re-auction it this week, or withhold and auction it at the next event.

Comments?

This makes sense because with Lot C, at least, there was some competitive bidding going on between bavicrypto and myself after the shill bid took place. 
henkcryptotank

Activity: 724
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:48:28 PM

Or make one giant ass super raffle  Tongue

Greets hank
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:48:44 PM

Something like this:

Comments?

This makes sense because with Lot C, at least, there was some competitive bidding going on between bavicrypto and myself after the shill bid took place.  

I would agree to this for Lot C.
bavicrypto
Copper Member

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:50:39 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2018, 04:24:44 AM by bavicrypto

Something like this:

Comments?

Yeah and for lot A the price would jump from 1.68 to 2.51 out of nowhere, because of that fake bid. Afterwards an other legit bid came in for that lot at 1.83btc. Honestly I wouldn’t know how to handle a situation like this, since it’s a complete mess. Good luck @BTCC_Official
Edit: as far as I see, I had the highest legit bid of 1.84 and would be willing to pay that.

Cheers,

bavi

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: