Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:17:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I wish to create a currency  (Read 2128 times)
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 09:13:32 PM

Hi guys,
I'm not sure where this post belongs but I wish to propose to create a new currency as I'm not happy with the issues of some of them.

I lack programming skills so I need help to create it.If that ixcoin guy can do it why cant I?(yes I know it's not very original as its a copy of bitcoin but frankly he at least pulled it off even if it's not very well.)

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:14:24 PM

Hi guys,
I'm not sure where this post belongs but I wish to propose to create a new currency as I'm not happy with the issues of some of them.

I lack programming skills so I need help to create it.If that ixcoin guy can do it why cant I?(yes I know it's not very original as its a copy of bitcoin but frankly he at least pulled it off even if it's not very well.)

That ixcon-guy did not create a currency, he created a nice little ponzi scam.

In regard to your question: You need a lot more than just programming skills. How about you present your ideas and gather a crowd first, who can then help you get it done?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 09:16:17 PM

Hi guys,

That ixcon-guy did not create a currency, he created a nice little ponzi scam.

oh crap.I thought that if any1 can create it why not.

BadPenny

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:16:46 PM

I lack programming skills so I need help to create it.If that ixcoin guy can do it why cant I?
GTFO.

I owe my soul to the company store.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 09:20:49 PM

I lack programming skills so I need help to create it.If that ixcoin guy can do it why cant I?
GTFO.

OK.take it easy.No need to be so hostile to me even though i wish to learn how to create a currency.If people lacking skills that still wish to learn upsets you this much,then plz go elsewhere as that's just life.I normally more of a visionary type guy with films and concepts not a hard core programmer type like you guys,what the hell did ya expect?

JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:39:49 PM

I like the part where you detail the changes that you want in your currency.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 09:46:27 PM

I like the part where you detail the changes that you want in your currency.

I haven't done anything in regards to that as of yet.I'm still going over my proposal so expect a trickle of info to come at some point next week.I will give the info when I can get around to it.I'm a very busy man atm,got 3 businesses to sort out,filmmaking,mining and investments.

I can understand your point though,as long as theres no info whatsoever,how can any1 be expected to take a new curreny seriously.I mean who would honestly have faith in a currency that has no info about it whatsoever.There will be info coming soon.but until then guys,hang on.

Thankx 4 showing an interest so far to those of you who replied so far despite the scarce info at the moment :-)

Lumpy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:47:50 PM

Dear Friends,

I wish to create a new currency. However, I really know nothing about computer programming or anything technical whatsoever. Could you please do all the hard work for me (how hard could it be?) so that I could profit? I'm really quite busy at the moment and can't be bothered with the trivial details.

Truly,
Clueless
Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:49:47 PM

Should we name this Vaporcoin? ;-)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 09:59:04 PM

Why only one currency OP?
Create a currency each week!

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 10:00:03 PM

Dear Friends,

I wish to create a new currency. However, I really know nothing about computer programming or anything technical whatsoever. Could you please do all the hard work for me (how hard could it be?) so that I could profit? I'm really quite busy at the moment and can't be bothered with the trivial details.

Truly,
Clueless
This can work if you first explain you are a hot chick and like to party, and you decided to have your own funcoins. Then guys will jump all over to do your homework. Only way it works. True story.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 10:00:37 PM

I wish to propose to create a new currency
Don't!
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 10:41:30 PM

Since I can see that people like to make fun of me for trying to do something I feel is right.I would rather develop or co-develop as he situation may warrant a new currency than complain about the issues of the other currencies.I simply felt that none of hte currencies on here were just right so I decided to create or propose a new one.in reponse to your post lumpy,How would you like to be ridiculed by others?I'm not lazy as you wrongfully assume.Most of my life has been nothing but work work work so it's unfair for you to mock me.I genuinley wish to learn to craete a currency.When i proposed this I thought that the forum guys would be more supportive and less critical.You let the other variants go ok,so why single me out?Im sorry if you expect bitcoin to thrive,then please stop being so hostile to your own forum visitors or people will be turned away from bitcoin.

Here are hte 3 challenges to bitcoin as I see them:
1.Too complex/unfriendly for the average user
2.Hostile forum environment puts off prospective users/creators who would otherwise use BTC without any fuss
3.No stability of its value

I have a message to my critics,either contribute something USEFUL to the topic such as teaching me how to create so I can do this myself or go elsewhere.There are many other forums you can go to for being critical of people for no rational reason.

If you truly dislike my idea then why don't you do so in a legitimate debating kind of way and not just bad mouth others for no reason.

I deal with technical stuff with computers and filmmaking,just not programming as it was too much for me to take in a few yrs back,but i feel I can do it now.I thought that this forum would encourage people to be accomodating to new ideas if you truly want bitcoin and derivative currencies to thrive then,not bash them for no reason.As for the poster that says don't create another currency,care to explain why instead of just complaining?

I only plan to create 1 currency as the many derivatives are getting a bit ridiculous I admit but what is so wrong with creating a concept that hurts no one?

From now one,I only wish for people who have actual ideas or construtive suggestions to add to this.If people insist on causing me hassle,I'll ask a moderator to close this thread.

Are-you-a-wizard?

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 10:50:18 PM

Hey guys, I'd like to build a rocket.

I have no idea how to build a rocket and don't know that much about space.

Do you think NASA would help me make one?
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 10:55:01 PM

I know nothing about rockets, or space.

Look since I'm getting many reponses like yours wizard,I'll make this official,there is NOTHING wrong with having a desire to learn programming to create a currency.it is NORMAL to ASK for help so that you can learn to then develop it yourself.I bet many people who created your currency bitcoin had help arrangements like I was planning and you don't attack them for it,yet whenever I do it,it's suddenly not ok.So where do I cross hte line?

I am NOT asking people to develop for me,I'm simply asking people to help in co-development like many of your favourite games,phones,software,currency e.t.c.If you can't understand this,then maybe you shouldn't be on this forum then should ya.Think before you speak please and we'll all be a lot happier.

Are-you-a-wizard?

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 10:59:46 PM

I know nothing about rockets, or space.

Look since I'm getting many reponses like yours wizard,I'll make this official,there is NOTHING wrong with having a desire to learn programming to create a currency.it is NORMAL to ASK for help so that you can learn to then develop it yourself.I bet many people who created your currency bitcoin had help arrangements like I was planning and you don't attack them for it,yet whenever I do it,it's suddenly not ok.So where do I cross hte line?

I am NOT asking people to develop for me,I'm simply asking people to help in co-development like many of your favourite games,phones,software,currency e.t.c.If you can't understand this,then maybe you shouldn't be on this forum then should ya.Think before you speak please and we'll all be a lot happier.

You don't learn programming overnight, you WILL make mistakes and fail the shit out of anything you create until you have years of experience. How in the fuck can anybody have any faith in a currency like that. It's not a toy, it's not fun, its peoples fucking money.

This is like the manager of a bank getting his neighbours 12 year old son to code up the banks website for him because "he's a smart kid and knows how to make websites".
Lumpy

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 11:00:29 PM

I'm a very busy man atm

I'm really quite busy at the moment

I'm not lazy as you wrongfully assume.

I never said you were.

But assuming you're not a troll, I will say this:

Alternate cryptocurrencies don't have a lot of respect around here. Perhaps one day one will EARN its respect. Time will tell. In the meantime, you can't expect anyone to take you seriously when:

a) You want to make a new currency but don't know how to program it, and
b) Your posts lack basic spelling, grammar and punctuation.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 11:04:27 PM

Here's the 1st trickle of info about the planned currency:

Things that the currency must meet:
1.Think of a suitable name-I was thinking alongside the lines of naming it something that is named in one of my future planned films (the year is 2240,e.t.c.anyways it needs to follow the naming conventions of the film for the film and the curency to lift off)
2.Enlist an expert to help me create the new currency
3.Test the currency by 'fake mining'.Fake mining ensures that the currency is fit for purpose.currency made by 'fake mining' will automatically have no value so no cheats can profit before releasing it to the general public due to a hidden code in currency mined during the testing phase.(You can mine but you cant trade them as the terminator code kills off any potential value by adding markers and IDs to ensure that currency mined by testers is not tradeable and that all currency is freshly mined by every1 not a select group.It's too complex for me to  explain but I'm sure you can get the gist of it.Stolen or tainted currency like in real life is not spendable or profitable in anyway.When the thing is in a beta,the only mining that can happen is testing mining.It is during this phase that the coins mined will have a marker in it along with a terminator code,which makes it untradable and only the terminator code kicks in for testing.When the thing is released,every1 will be mining for real so there'll be no need for the 'terminator' code to make the test mined currency worthless and suddenly disappear thus releasing it back to the wild.)
4.The chain will be very long (it has to reflect certain things in a future planned film.the theme must fit nicely and be elegant and robust at all times as a currency) as in when the last block should be.I'm thinking that 200m 'coins' (the final name will be decided later) should be enough before the thing just stops producing.All good projects must come to an end someday before they get tiresome and annoying.
5.Massively boost the reward of each block so that every1s a winner.None of this early adopter/late adopter garbage
6.Must be tradable for BTC.This simply is a must.
7.Difficulty should start off at zero and stay there for a month before changing so that every1 can win.(A more skilled person can help with the design of this.I'm just a visionary)
8.All difficulty changes (rises and falls) must be predicable and not hap hazard to promote currency stability.

There will be more to come for info.I bet that it took the bitcoin guy many years to code bitcoin

BadPenny

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 11:12:56 PM

I bet that it took the bitcoin guy many years to code bitcoin
Maybe.  I bet he probably started off with a fucking clue as to what he was doing.

I owe my soul to the company store.
SAPer

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 12:08:13 AM

7.Difficulty should start off at zero and stay there for a month before changing so that every1 can win.(A more skilled person can help with the design of this.I'm just a visionary)
FUCK, YOU ARE GENIUS!!!11
http://www.grayphotograph.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/15.jpg
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: