Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:59:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Another Transaction Gone Sour (dalamchops and Garrett Burgwardt)  (Read 2531 times)
wildboy211

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 05:25:05 PM

I know this is already resolved, but heres my opinion anyways because i know some of you are broke and need two cents:
*Dalamchops should have have offered insurance - especially since its more value than $100 (good rule of thumb), if not offered, shouldve been included with shipping.
*Once Garret saw that something was wrong with the screen - shouldve dropped everything and dalamchops shouldve been notified.

I've been a internet sales manager (for businesses) for a few years now, selling everything from used to new stuff. I think how they resolved this is pretty fair - both paying half since IMO - they both are at fault for the reasons above. If dalamchops packaged the laptop like he packaged my video card i got from him yesterday, i say it was probably packaged pretty good, even though i know UPS and USPS thinks all of their packages are indestructible.

dalamchops, if i were you, i would use insurance on anything above $100 and either include it in the shipping cost, or ask the customer.
Garret, i would notify your seller of any issues if ANYTHING is even slightly different from described immediately.

These are just my opinions...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dalamchops (OP)

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 05:36:36 PM

I know this is already resolved, but heres my opinion anyways because i know some of you are broke and need two cents:
*Dalamchops should have have offered insurance - especially since its more value than $100 (good rule of thumb), if not offered, shouldve been included with shipping.
*Once Garret saw that something was wrong with the screen - shouldve dropped everything and dalamchops shouldve been notified.

I've been a internet sales manager (for businesses) for a few years now, selling everything from used to new stuff. I think how they resolved this is pretty fair - both paying half since IMO - they both are at fault for the reasons above. If dalamchops packaged the laptop like he packaged my video card i got from him yesterday, i say it was probably packaged pretty good, even though i know UPS and USPS thinks all of their packages are indestructible.

dalamchops, if i were you, i would use insurance on anything above $100 and either include it in the shipping cost, or ask the customer.
Garret, i would notify your seller of any issues if ANYTHING is even slightly different from described immediately.

These are just my opinions...

Lol im sure we are both doing things differently from now on.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: