Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:58:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alibaba's Jack Ma Calls Bitcoin a Bubble (BTC) - Do you care?  (Read 402 times)
chelsearoh (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:37:04 PM

https://cryptocurrencynews.com/alibaba-bitcoin-btc-bubble?utm_campaign=rss__ccn&utm_source=[Suspicious link removed]&utm_medium=twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:43:56 PM

Why should we care? The man made his money outset of cryptocurrency therefore he is not an authority here. Just like Warren Buffet these people got their success on their own terms and they should be respected for that. Now, people usually ask these people on what they can say about Bitcoin and they are looking Bitcoin at their own lenses...their own opinion and ideas and we should give these people the space that they deserved. But to think that they should be influencing the movement of Bitcoin that can already be far-fetched.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:52:20 PM

Well Jack Ma did really said that bitcoin is a bubble when he said that "blockchain is not a bubble, bitcoin is". This is his famous statement but he also mentioned that he doesnt know about bitcoin and he does not want to pursue it. This just means that Jack Ma has no clear understanding of how bitcoin works due to his prior knowledge on forex exchange. He maybe expert on e-commerce but he is not an expert in terms of bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:56:04 PM

the housing market had bubble periods
the gold market had bubble periods
the dot com market had bubble periods

it does not mean the asset is empty air.. but that at some periods the "price" exceeds Value

some call it speculative spike caused by hype.. some call it bubbles caused by stirring the water.
either way its old news as bitcoin has settled back down to supported water lines

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 01:00:45 PM

No one cares about what people call it. I dont literally understand why this bubble has not burst since 2009-10 or whatever year from when they are calling it as bubble. Looks like this one is hard to burst aint it.  Cool

Have you ever noticed that only rich people like them call bitcoin as bubble but still we are making out lot of money out of crypto currencies and also finding innovative ways to use them to transact and do whatever principle different coins have. Its not just bitcoin but all the dependent coins that arise from it after its innovation.

From where the concept of bitcoin bubble came anyway, its rich people getting jealous about it. Isn't it!
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:03:43 PM

I do believe we are in some bubbly state right now. Knowing that crushes comes every like 10years it could be psoible that this decade it be crypto market, maybe won't. But crypto market does have some patterns of the bubble, if not big as housing market at least it has smaller bubbles. Because it being high risk investment you have big players such as Jack Ma or yet even Buffet don't like bitcoin much to get more money as they are going and aiming for sure things.
Bervelukan

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:14:39 PM

It's great to call a bitcoin bubble, and with that it can affect the price of bitcoin for now and so on, because I think bitcoin is indeed very influential by bubbles.
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:18:46 PM

In China, where BTC and other cryptocurrencies are banned, alibaba's alipay is very popular in China, and alipay accounts for 50% of the Chinese market in mobile payment.

They certainly don't want BTC and other cryptocurrencies to grab China's market!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:24:09 PM

Jack Ma said on an interview that he don't know about Bitcoin at all, so how can he come up with the conclusion that it is a bubble if he doesn't even know how it really works, lol. It is obvious that he looks at Bitcoin as a competitor of his online payment processor called alipay, so I really don't care on what he said about Bitcoin. They are studying on how they can use blockchain in the future, of course to create a new cryptocurrency or implement it with alipay. So what do you expect him to say about his competitor.

This is what he said:
"I don't know about Bitcoin at all. I'm particularly puzzled. Even if it can really work, the rules of global trade and the financial system will be completely changed. I don't think we are ready. So I'm still paying attention to Alipay... to the US dollar, and the euro. We have a team that studies blockchain, but Bitcoin is not something that I want to pursue. We don't care about Bitcoin."
Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/e-commerce-giant-alibabas-jack-ma-says-blockchain-is-not-a-bubble-bitcoin-is
MNTCorp

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:33:38 PM

That man is very influenced person, but my opinion is - his role in that area could be like Bill Gate's. We were able to see, how Bill Gates had been saying about bitcoin, but now here a lot of news about facebook's cryptocurrency. However, in contrary, I've found an article - CLICK. This article tells us opposite thoughts Jack Ma.
nara1892

Activity: 1568
Merit: 654

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:46:11 PM

We don't have to care about what they say, to hell with jack ma or warrent buffet, bitcoin is decentralized, no need to be recognized by those people, or even they don't know at all about cryptocurrency.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:51:06 PM

I think we should be worried he's a Chinese man common you got to be worried lol.

I don't understand what's the new trend first warren now him both don't deal in bitcoins, do not have the time or need for it and yet want to give reckless statements it's a shame.

I don't really care for what he said I only care to hear from people who are associated with bitcoins. Look at so many hedge funds coming or even nasdaq coming so for me this need is a dead rubber another attempt by the media to stop us, but it won't work.
vinbitpon

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:53:21 PM

Definitely No. He's a person that became rich with the common "paper and coin" currency. Since he thinks he is already successfully, he doesn't care anymore about other options like bitcoin.

I'm pretty sure someone will emerge higher than what Jack Ma has achieved and he will definitely regret that he calls bitcoin a bubble.
musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:15:24 PM

I absolutely do not care. I'm actually wondering why you're sharing this as an UTC link, can you elaborate? Regarding the businessmen who shill against bitcoin, let them do it

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:54:02 PM

Here's a proper link:

http://www.scmp.com/tech/enterprises/article/2146648/theres-bitcoin-bubble-says-alibaba-executive-chairman-jack-ma

I personally don't care, and I don't see why anyone else should. Whether or not Bitcoin is a bubble is a matter of opinion at this point, and only time will tell which side has been right all along. But yeah, billionaires seem to be speaking against Bitcoin one after another lol. I don't think there's any conspiracy or collusion between them of any sort, and it doesn't look like the market cares about their opinions anyway, so all is well.

shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:29:47 PM

A couple of days ago, Chinese Leading B2B Marketplace‎ Alibaba founder & Chairman Jack Ma bashes Bitcoin but he also backs Blockchain technology during the second World Smart Conference in Tianjin according to this report http://www.8btc.com/mayun-bitcoin-is-bubble

It's unfortunate to see him join Bitcoin bashers group of CNBC Mad Money host Jim Cramer, Jamie Dimon, Axel Weber, former PayPal chief executive Bill Harris, Jack Bogle, and JPMorgan Chase. But I believe he will support Bitcoin in future, just look this article https://www.forbes.com/sites/armstrongpaul/2018/04/10/alibaba-backed-chinese-ai-startup-sensetime-sets-600m-funding-record/#c85da587dadf The Chinese supergiant Alibaba invested heavily in Chinese AI Startup SenseTime which Sets a new record of $600 Mln in funding record.
Dante4142539

Activity: 411
Merit: 100

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:03:31 PM

It's because jack ma are not relaying in the crypto and btc, because we all know that he can ear money by his own that not including the btc and for his perspective that anytime that the btc can pop out but that his perspective and we have to respect each others belief.

Code:
[center][b]Member[/b][/center]

[center][url=https://www.martkist.org/](((     MARTKIST     )))     ►  Community Focus     ►  No Premine     ►  No ICO[/url]
[i][url=https://twitter.com/martkist]TWITTER[/url]     [url=https://www.martkist.org/]▰▰▰▰▰   Decentralized Anarchy!   ▰▰▰▰▰[/url]     [url=https://discord.gg/kVrEPag]DISCORD[/url][/i]
[url=https://www.martkist.org/]►  Decentralized Martket     ►  Alies & Assets     ►  Certificates and More...[/url][/center]
Pattberry

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:20:29 PM

Jack Ma said on an interview that he don't know about Bitcoin at all, so how can he come up with the conclusion that it is a bubble if he doesn't even know how it really works, lol. It is obvious that he looks at Bitcoin as a competitor of his online payment processor called alipay,
This is exactly the main problem, the business owners are troubled by the introduction of bitcoin because it will challenge their business model and they wanted to create a fear into the minds of new users who are in two minds and some people are creating these panic situation, but people who understand the technology could understand how things will go, i am not in this market because someone said so and i do not care about anyone's opinion.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:16:18 AM

I don’t think bitcoin is a bubble or if it a bubble then it is a bubble which could not be burst ever because bitcoin is a resource an asset which could not be exhausted ever if it is used wisely moreover bitcoin is very sustainable crypto currency and it is volatile currency and the reason being why millions of people are the users of bitcoin and find bitcoin that much trust worthy because bitcoin has that potential that it can provide employment to millions and made people independent that at least they can earn their livelihood by their own.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:00:00 AM

Obviously I do care . The deflation in the valuation is all because of these negative rumours that are constantly demotivating people from investing into bitcoin. Most of the governments are against bitcoin and they are discouraging people also to not to use bitcoin by saying bitcoin is not centralised currency and government is not responsible for any kind of loses regarding bitcoin, they have to suffer it by their own and if in this condition someone is saying bitcoin a bubble then obviously I do care.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: