Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:46:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2144 times)
aliceayag

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:22:12 AM

They can't steal your bitcoins if you have a safe wallet with 2fa security.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 10:27:07 AM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

So far after nine years I have not read or heard of such software or a possibility that it can be created, but if ever it is created could be an end game for the cryptocurrency, we all hope that such will not be created the protocol and blockchain is highly secured so we are all safe.

cuteboy2016k

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:01:27 AM

I have keeping my bitcoin and coins in  exchanges and wallets, still now nobody steal my fund, if you are keeping strong password, email verification,2fa your account will be secured, if you are using in wallet keep in safe your key words, dont share with someone, and if you are hold in exchanges, select good exchanges with better secured options, these all can help you to safe your money.
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:07:28 AM

Yes of course such a possibility exists so we should be smarter to keep our wallet safe.
Already be warned at the start of the wallet if using private key is not safe, so my suggestion you can link your wallet to your gmail or you can move your wallet to other hardware to be more secure.
Yes it can be possibly happen since our coin was secured on our digital accounts and the possibility to be hacked is present. Though we have our own strategies on how can we secure our accounts but of course the threats of the hackers are always on the list so we can't even tell exactly that maybe somebody can steal our bitcoin.
Caxton10

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 11:19:42 AM

It will be a crazy idea to create a software that has to run 2^52 times just to find 1 key. The only way that your Bitcoin will get stollen is when you make your private keys public
labs0918

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:15:21 PM

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Regards!

labs0918

Activity: 205

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:22:51 PM

Regards!

Yeah you're very right. Do you think a private key that consist a very long character with uppercase and lowercase letter? No right? It is hard to steal a bitcoin.

Welhell

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:25:00 PM

Regards!

If you use blockchain online wallet, you should use 2FA. So, 2FA can help you for secure. But, other wallets which you paid for it money, you should not worried.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:26:40 PM

Regards!

Yes, it may be possible. But I think you are going to be the least of the people that is going to be hacked by those hackers. I do hope so.
komrobert

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:28:28 PM

Hackers can steal you cryptocurrency with some "spy-software" if you are using Windows and keeping your private keys in it.
MxRizky22

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:30:41 PM

very likely he will fail, Private key is very difficult to guess even though using a software application. may be only 1% possible level of success, Private key consists of 52 characters of letters in combination with numbers.
FiveReels

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:38:43 PM

Its impossible, unless if you give your private key to somebody, then that would be a great trouble to your bitcoin asset, So far, i never heard somebody steal bitcoin since it consist of different characters, To avoid this case happen, Put your btc in safer location and i'd rather prefer offline storage,
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:39:38 PM

If there are other people who know our private key, it will be very possible other people steal our Btc. therefore let us not tell our private key to others, and we are told to keep our private key not to lose.
sharnel18

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:44:58 PM

I think nobody can steal my bitcoin because of its very safe long character private key. It is hard to hack it because it consist of numbers, letters with lowercase and uppercase.
Dean_Jue

Activity: 202

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:47:53 PM

They can't steal your btc but they can definitely steal your private keys which have your btc and other coins. So it is always advisable to keep your private keys at a safe place to prevent hackers from hacking into your account.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:53:53 PM

Well I place a BTC on site gambling or on the exchange market it seems like it could happen cause once BTC I played between site gambling by others not me and also there was an exchange on the market,if I put BTC in wallet then it is safe and never exist the incidence of theft by anyone on until now I think can't be stolen if stored in a safe place like a wallet.

no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:58:25 PM

Regards!

Yeah, but only a mind of a stoner would do that. I ain't gonna spent my entire life coding that bloatware if I wouldn't get a huge amount from my target. Unfortunately, an open target (people who are known for having bags of btcs) are people who would definitely spend handsome amount of money to buy antimalwares.

If I am that blackhat, I would just create a ransomware.
miradorme

Activity: 148

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:59:45 PM

It has a small percentage of chance. It contains of a very very long private key so it is hard to steal my bicoin. They will try and thousand times to hack my account before they can steal my bitcoib.
rexona

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:10:19 PM

if you are not careful in keeping your wallet they can steal the btc you save, be careful in every open the web make sure the web is not a phishing site, because that's how hackers to get important data that saved.
White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:18:16 PM

They can't steal your btc but they can definitely steal your private keys which have your btc and other coins. So it is always advisable to keep your private keys at a safe place to prevent hackers from hacking into your account.
Yes the safety of your bitcoin was depends on you because you are the one who knows your private keys. It Cant be steal from you because it was store to your wallet. You must always keep it to you if you dont want ro lose your btc. Unless ypu accidentally send your bitcoin to wrong address, becauae you cant get it back.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: