Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:51:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2130 times)
Kate_Ngubanga

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 06:15:58 PM

A lot of scammers who can steal your coins and including bitcoins. There are a lot of phishing sites.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:40:26 PM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

Of course they can, now a lot of divorced or people with developed thinking is in the computer sphere, but also can steal the state of it and your mistake, so you be careful.
Yes it can happen.There is a high probability that our bitcoin can get stolen.Bitcoin is based on the blockchain technology and if one day it gets hacked then the users can have a big problem.The bitcoin wallet is also not safe because if someone gets access to one's wallet then he or she can tranfer whole of the amount to their wallet.A software can also be developed that can control the bitcoin usage all over the world.Our accounts on bitcoin forum can also get hacked.
EnaksiS

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:41:45 PM

It is possible, last day i misswrote my public key with one number and i got so scared. Because it was very empty Smiley So it is possible to someone misswrote his/her pass and can open your wallet.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:42:31 PM

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Regards!

That kind of software that can crack the private keys of a wallet only really exists in movies or maybe either the CIA or the other intelligence agencies have access to it but am sure it will come to a time when it will be doable. I believe with phishing one can steal another's bitcoins though.
Anees1122

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:05:02 PM

Its possible, Malicious hackers are lurking around to gain access to your wallet, please ensure to set the 2Factor security, all the necessary security measures should not be ignored.
Fandicoin

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:15:47 PM

very vulnerable to occur, because once they know our private wallet, it is recommended to store with a secure password,
always be careful in saving her.
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:19:23 PM

Yes, someone can steal your bitcoin. Your private keys is designed to ensure a high level of security but if you are the careless type, chances are that you can loose your private keys to hackers. That is why people are discouraged as much as possible from visiting suspicious sites or responding to airdrop requesting for your private keys.
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:21:51 PM

This why bitcoin is termed to be more riskier than any other investment or any other assets. As each and everything is interconnected to the network we cannot predict what happens next. Importantly if it got stolen, retaining back is really a hard thing and the worst part is that we can see the transactions taking place, but we cannot stop it.
waichi

Activity: 359

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:22:24 PM

Regards!

No this is not possible.Or let'S say the chances for a collusion are ridiculously small. If it would be so easy, Bitcoin wouldn't have functioned from the beginning, trust me. I recommend you to take a deeper reading into how public-key cryptography or asymmetric cryptography works.
And never forget that Bitcoin is out there, in the wild open internet, with all it's dangers and threats since more than 9 years now without ever being offline!!
There are hundreds or even thousands of people worldwide, who are contributing to the core protocol and looking for ways to improve it if there is a possibility.

I agree. If that is possible to do, then Bitcoin wouldn't last for 9 years. I guess hackers already trying to break that so that they can steal Bitcoin, but I don't think, just what Mr Denker said, that is possible to do.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
wisdomcn

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:49:22 PM

Your point is right, I think we should understand that when it have to do with technology, or developing program we all know that those involved in the development will always perform according to the level of their knowledge. It is possible for someone working with the exchange companies to steal people private key.
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:38:30 PM

Now nobody can steal your bitcoin if they don't know your private key or any related information that will disclose its private key so don't put your private key online such like in emails, computer notes, or anything that may involve online because you never know if someone who sneaks in your pc such like hackers that want your private key to access your bitcoins.
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:49:44 PM

Regards!

not at all, nobody can steal your bitcoin except you review bitcoin identity to the person unknowingly. that is why is always advice to learn how to ignore any form requesting for your wallet or bitcoin identity. 
Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:53:03 PM

Regards!

There could be chances or instances that maybe someone can duly steal your balance from your wallet if you are not that being careful in a way that someone might have created a website and you have logged in using your private key which is said in the myetherwallet to be not that recommended and always check the URL because it might be a phishing site that is created to steal all your balances withouy your concern or notice. So be mindful what information you have been putting it through so that you can avoid such scammers out there.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:11:46 AM

Yes possible that they can steal your btc. So be careful with the sites that you enter especially when asking for your private key or password. Many have been victimized and scammers/hackers still  continue to do so should be alert to avoid.

#Support Vanig
arya123210

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:32:05 AM

Yes BTC Possibility We Stolen That Is Very Big Because BTC In Create Using Computer So Criminals Easy To Take All Our Data Data In Computer
BagzMM

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:10:07 AM

Regards!

Yes, anyone can steal your BTC. It is a common occurrence nowadays in crypto space. Online investment companies which deal with cryptocurrencies have recently become increasingly perceived with a negative bias. The scammers are so brilliant in  deceiving unsuspecting investors. They seem to ride on the anonymous characteristics of the industry.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:19:07 AM

That will only happen if we are not careful and especially the bitcoin is placed in a computer and not without our knowledge that many computer hacker that scattered all over the world, so if we are not careful and may have stolen it from us. So if we don't want to happen to us is we need to be careful and not get another we boast that we have held that bitcoin especially on social media.
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:23:57 AM

Regards!

I do not think hackers will use that method to hack. They have a lot of ways to hack into the wallet system. Hackers are very smart and I think they broke into your computer to get that information.
I think they will create the virtual software and have the virus for the user to download, then it uses that virus to infiltrate your data.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
kyucryp

Activity: 420

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:28:23 AM

Regards!

Yes bitcoin can be stolen by professional hackers. Although we are careful if our wallet does not have high security then it is easy for them to steal. But of the few cases of hacking theft always targeting people who have a lot of bitcoin. Therefore it should save a bit of bitcoin.

guffie

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:36:25 AM

Regards!

Yes, of course, someone can steal Bitcoin that we have. In this world, a lot of smart people and intelligence is used for negative things. It could be that the thief uses many ways to steal anyone Bitcoin. Therefore we must always be careful and keep our Bitcoin very tight.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: