Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:41:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2130 times)
poisonivy77

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:46:17 AM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

It is possible that someone can stole your bitcoin but with the reason of your carelessness and if you entrusted your key to some people, but nonetheless bitcoin is still the safest platform.

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptotrader15

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 03:17:45 AM

Don't ever give your teamviewer password to someone stranger online who ask you to come online for day trade or if he ask you to help you out in doubling your investment. he can hack your system even if you have 2 factor authentication on by simply stopping your mouse and stealing all your btc to his wallet
Happy Fun

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:23:59 AM

Hmm. I dont know somebody can steal my btc, but i think no. Because if you want hack a your key BTC, its so hard. You must attack all server for steal btc. This my opinion Smiley
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:57:31 AM

If your private key from your bitcoin wallet will get stolen by a hacker or if someone's get a copy of that then your bitcoin is in danger and your bitcoin can be stole from you without even noticing it so it is better to have a high standards in keeping your private keys at safe so there will be a lower chance for your bitcoins to get stolen by someone.
Christian_k

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:08:25 AM

of course can, for example, his private key is known to the crowd and not be careful in entering his wallet account. it can all happen if we are not careful. so be careful if you want to witdraw Wink
nory51

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:09:23 AM

Yes like hacker unless you used a hardware wallet like trezor and ledger for a good security on your holding and your btc to prevent stealing your btc  Roll Eyes
LigwagGanern

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:12:39 AM

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Regards!

Yes can somebody steal your bitcoin specially if he or she knows your password or your account in your online wallet or bitcoin wallet. Many people wants to have bitcoin because they know that if they have bitcoin they can earn money from it. They want to have bitcoin but they don't want to invest money, so that they will hack bitcoin wallet that have low security. Don't let anyone know your password in your bitcoin wallet.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:23:39 AM

Regards!

Somebody can steal your Bitcoin from your wallet but not through the process that you are saying. The process that you are raising may be theoretically possible but not in reality. There are expert hackers around the world that are so good in their jobs that they can almost get access to anything, even personal computers inside the CIA. The issue of hacking is considered one of the biggest problem with digital currenies.
brightology

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:39:48 AM

Bitcoin is a Crypto currency that is acceptable all over the world, and it can be used to buy any thing but direct or indirect by converting the country currency to the equivalent value to the actual amount. bitcoin is an asset, like wise you need to be secure your private key to avoid story that touched the hearth   
Jlv

Activity: 336

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:01:54 AM

You should be the only one who should know and protect your private key and nobody can steal your Btc, I think it is impossible to get by somebody by just only guessing because it is hard to guess the combination of 52 letters and numbers.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
maerose_sun

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:55:21 AM

yes there are someways that someone can steal your btc just like the walet provider, exchanges, buying something that does not exist, and anybody that has access to your private key.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:58:26 AM

I think if we do not make a fatal mistake. then all will be fine. and do not fill in the parts of the request to provide a private key.

Even if you did a small mistake, scammers and hackers can still steal your BTCs that is the reason why we really need to be careful. We all know that our private key is one of the most important files that we need to keep as a digital currency investor or user, with that in public, you will be losing your balances. It can be stolen but if we are knowledgeable of securing our Bitcoins, it will not be a problem.
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:01:25 AM

I think the inventors of cryptocurrencies do think about those problems, And maybe thats why< they called it CRYPTOcurrencies. Because its high cryptographical encoded, and at the moments, its not possible that someone else could encode your private key. So its not possible that someone can steal yor bitcoin on this way. When the first quantum computer come out, that could be a problem!
shanksluffy

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 09:17:51 AM

Regards!

Yes I experienced that , Many scammers use their address to receive the other rewards I think this is the most heart breakong scenario in my life
zhopas

Activity: 323

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:31:03 AM

There are many ways to steal your btc especially if that person really wanna steal it to you so if I were you keep an eye on your btc and make it secured, also research on another ways on how you will store it where is no one will steal it.
menoharrison

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:44:36 AM

If you are not careful with your wallet and stuffa then you are bound to get stolen from
SantoshSoma

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:51:16 AM

Regards!

There is chance for that but its very small because its very hard to get private keys combination using any prog or algorithm
Titonioii

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:21:07 AM

A lot of scammers who can steal your coins and including bitcoins. There are a lot of phishing sites.
ardydyon

Activity: 547
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:46:12 AM

Regards!

i think though someone make the software used to open our account i think it will be difficult. because we still have a private key that has a very unique structure and difficult to unload. private key provides excellent security for our account. but if the private key is leaked then our account will be stolen

hafeezbaloch

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:29:35 AM

off course not... becouse it is not a mony poket that some one steel ... at is on your id ..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: