Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 04:07:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somebody steal your btc?  (Read 2134 times)
paruru123

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:24:27 PM

A lot of scammers who can steal your coins and including bitcoins. There are a lot of phishing sites.
thepers0n

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:31:57 PM

In my opinion BTC  has  a great secure system so  I think  it's very hard to hack BTC and steal  it but people don't have to give their private keys and send them to scammers.
gadimbrut

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:36:22 PM

it will be very difficult to do such a thing and it will be a waste of time, until now I have never known the theft of bitcoin in the wallet, as long as you save with your private key in my opinion it is very safe
oni4an

Activity: 658
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:58:04 PM

There's always a chance of burglary. The main thing is to follow all the measures precaution and keep your keys and wallets in a safe place by making multiple copies.
MFY151

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:19:21 PM

Hi, have you ever thought this?

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

I think this could be a weakness, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley

Or comment if you have a kind of solution for this...

Regards!

Yes there is a possibility that a software or a device could be made in the future to bypass the security of private keys of cryptocurrency wallets but as of now there are none and the only way they can access and steal your btc from your wallet is through breach of your security details maybe via phishing sites or virus and malwares.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
cyberkuto

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:40:53 PM

You know that, to import a wallet you need the private key or your seed. Taking as example the private key (the 52 letters key). It could exist the possibility someone create a software whose function was to try thousands of times to find the private key till it is be done.This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

Regards!

When your account has been hacked. If you are using a computer or a laptop, make sure that you have an updated Antivirus and do not share you password.  Do not go to any untrusted sites and always save your user name and password. 
Ratash

Activity: 1540
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:18:32 PM

the blockchain technologie is very secure so it is difficult for someone to steal bitcoin , of course there is scammers who Deceive people who has not the experience in this field.so i advise theme to be very carefull. scammers are everywhere.
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:36:57 PM

all possibilities can happen on the internet, the initial network we think safe turned out to be home to the thieves, our Bitcoin wallet is very unsafe...so do extra security in your wallet by enabling 2Fa Google authenticator and email confirmation...

Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 09:01:32 PM

Someone can steal your btc if they get hold of your private key. This can occur when you are transferring it to someone...on a social media platform. I know of someone who fell a victim of that

simaislam

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:07:13 PM

This just impossible .Or let'S say the chances for a collusion are ridiculously small. If it would be so easy, Bitcoin wouldn't have functioned from the beginning, trust me. I recommend you to take a deeper reading into how public-key cryptography or asymmetric cryptography works.And never forget that Bitcoin is out there, in the wild open internet, with all it's dangers and threats since more than 9 years now without ever being offline!!There are hundreds or even thousands of people worldwide, who are contributing to the core protocol and looking for ways to improve it if there is a possibility.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:18:11 PM

They can steal your btc if you will give them your private keys  or if somebody try to steal using phishing attempts. A friend of mine lost all his tokens because he accidentally click a bait site.
popoyuyun

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:31:52 PM

Regards!

It could be because bitcoin is now very easy to hack. As more and more hackers want to have bitcoins to sell. You better secure your wallet.
keninu

Activity: 314

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:32:22 PM

Someone will not be able to steal our Bitcoin, because the Bitcoin in the Bitcoin purse is protected by a private Key. unless the person knows the private key of our Bitcoin purse, then easily the person will enter our wallet and retrieve all the assets we keep in the wallet.
4rzun4

Activity: 620
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:47:19 PM

If someone wants to steal btc, it must know the private key or password of the btc account. for that we should be able to keep the btc that we have can not be stolen, by securing our btc account. do not ever have someone else know the private key or btc account password that we have, and avoid spam and pishing that might be detrimental to us.
Hotrod_88

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:53:01 PM

Its even impossible to restore lost private key, how much more taking lots of numbers and letters.Thats why private key is designed like that to secure your wallet from thief.If thats possible you need a long time before you got the right private key.
neliawesome Did you read the part where I said, "This would be like the process to find the new block in mining"
This would be like the process to find the new block in mining, anyway you can try the times you want in order to find it.

It means that a mining equipment could do it... Smiley

I agree with this, its up to you. If you don't secure your private key that much..then, i think your btc will be stolen.
bakkang

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:56:47 PM

Regards!

I think you can only lost your coins your bitcoin if you comment or post your private key just like what happen to my aunt she commented her private key and after that she open her wallet and everything were lost. So in order for you not steal your bitcoin you must be careful especially your private key.
azisdoank

Activity: 171

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:59:45 PM

i think is not impossible to steal.Because the hackers are very clever and intelligent,therefore they will steal,whatever they are.Their target is to hack or steal.If someone goes on their sight and knows that he has more Btc,then the hackers will steal must and Do not ever underestimate the capabilities of hackers. They were always on a look-out even for the tiniest facts that they can use
shafi alam

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:07:11 PM

Yeah, they have to be smart to stole your bitcoin.  anyone can't do this.
Don't get hacked yourselves by accessing wrong website.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:08:15 PM

in general if you see bitcoin security that has a very sophisticated technology should be bitcoin can not be stolen by someone. bitcoin has a very powerful private key and can connect with your device.
mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:29:50 PM

They can steal your btc if you will give them your private keys  or if somebody try to steal using phishing attempts. A friend of mine lost all his tokens because he accidentally click a bait site.
Yes these are the actual ways with which a person can lose all of his/her bitcoins or any other coin. Every asset has its own way of keeping them and its own way of securing them. Bitcoin is also a form of asset which is kept in digital form and which is secured in a way to secure from hackers as the hackers attempts are often made to steal bitcoin from someone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: