Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:28:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Automating BTC withdrawal  (Read 1520 times)
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:30:11 PM

Is it possible to automate Bitcoin withdrawal ? Can people withdraw their amount from a wallet through an API ?

BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:01:39 PM

Moving in from development to discussion in search of an answer...

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:05:14 AM

Is it possible to automate Bitcoin withdrawal ? Can people withdraw their amount from a wallet through an API ?

There are many types of wallet. Can you be more specific? Also, define "withdraw" Smiley
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:13:38 AM

There are many types of wallet. Can you be more specific? Also, define "withdraw" Smiley

Person A has an account in web app X and earned some 3 BTC over there. Now he wants to withdraw his BTC amount from web app's wallet to his own wallet. How can we automate this without any manual intervention ? Let us suppose the web app X's wallet is on blockchain.info, but person A's wallet may be anywhere. Person A will only provide his BTC address.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:50:11 AM

Person A has an account in web app X and earned some 3 BTC over there. Now he wants to withdraw his BTC amount from web app's wallet to his own wallet. How can we automate this without any manual intervention ? Let us suppose the web app X's wallet is on blockchain.info, but person A's wallet may be anywhere. Person A will only provide his BTC address.

I'm not familiar with blockchain.info's API - you could contact them or study their API.
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:33:01 PM

I'm not familiar with blockchain.info's API - you could contact them or study their API.

U may suggest API of some other wallet. That's not a problem. But how can it be automated ? I am sure it can be done. Otherwise how come BTC China or MT. Gox is handling this volume ?

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 04:01:08 PM

Would you be interested in a service that automatically moved funds whenever they appeared in one address to another?

madmadmax

Activity: 740
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:01:33 PM

I can see something like this being done, the user signs a message moving BTC from one address to another and a service broadcasts it at a scheduled time.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 07:09:37 PM

Maybe my forwarding addresses service?

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:28:39 PM

U may suggest API of some other wallet. That's not a problem. But how can it be automated ?

In the example you gave, it would require the holder of the wallet (blockchain.info) to offer the automation as part of the service. While I don't believe they do this, it's actually a pretty commonplace thing; most mining pools allow you to set a "balance threshold," so that when your balance hits that amount, your bitcoins are automatically sent to the address of your choosing. It's also possible for them to spend your balance to you at regular intervals, regardless of amount, although I'm not sure how common (or practical) that is.

If you wanted the automation to be prompted from the side of the user with the private wallet (say your phone wallet app automatically "withdraws" funds whenever it detects that you've entered a store,) it would require some sort of API setup where your wallet app is instructing the web app to send you the funds at the appropriate times; then, as long as the web app's systems were online and working, it would function just like a withdrawal. From what I understand, the core devs are working on code that may make this easier (by being able to request payment, which you could then automate from your side.)

Still, it requires a willingness on the part of the web service provider to implement the API setup and to perform the spends when authorized.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:03:09 AM

U may suggest API of some other wallet. That's not a problem. But how can it be automated ?

In the example you gave, it would require the holder of the wallet (blockchain.info) to offer the automation as part of the service. While I don't believe they do this, it's actually a pretty commonplace thing; most mining pools allow you to set a "balance threshold," so that when your balance hits that amount, your bitcoins are automatically sent to the address of your choosing. It's also possible for them to spend your balance to you at regular intervals, regardless of amount, although I'm not sure how common (or practical) that is.

If you wanted the automation to be prompted from the side of the user with the private wallet (say your phone wallet app automatically "withdraws" funds whenever it detects that you've entered a store,) it would require some sort of API setup where your wallet app is instructing the web app to send you the funds at the appropriate times; then, as long as the web app's systems were online and working, it would function just like a withdrawal. From what I understand, the core devs are working on code that may make this easier (by being able to request payment, which you could then automate from your side.)

Still, it requires a willingness on the part of the web service provider to implement the API setup and to perform the spends when authorized.

So definitely possible, just doubtful blockchain.info have this in their API. Worth checking though. Just contact them and ask.
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:28:55 PM

Would you be interested in a service that automatically moved funds whenever they appeared in one address to another?

No, I am not looking for a forwarding service.

BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:33:10 PM

Your analogy with mining pool is almost same to my requirement. Just it wont be automatically withdrawn on threshold. It will be automatically withdrawn on receiving a signal from the person who is withdrawing. I need that through API as the amount to be withdrawn and authority of the person to withdraw need to be verified in the system.

acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:31:49 PM

Yes you can do it because blockchain.info provides a transfer API. All you have to do is include the blockchain.info account credentials, pay amount, and destination address in an encrypted URL.

So for example you can set up a PHP server somewhere with a cron job scheduled to run once a week, once a day, whatever. When it runs it tells  blockchain.info to send the desired amount to the desired address. The receiving address can be anywhere and that process would happen without humans (until the blockchain.info account balance was depleted).
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:18:20 AM

No, I am not looking for a forwarding service.

http://coinslinger.pw/?utm_source=bitcointalk&utm_medium=bitpop&utm_campaign=signature

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:43:26 AM

Yes you can do it because blockchain.info provides a transfer API. All you have to do is include the blockchain.info account credentials, pay amount, and destination address in an encrypted URL.

So for example you can set up a PHP server somewhere with a cron job scheduled to run once a week, once a day, whatever. When it runs it tells  blockchain.info to send the desired amount to the desired address. The receiving address can be anywhere and that process would happen without humans (until the blockchain.info account balance was depleted).

Great - finally a definitive answer Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: