News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you go to Pattaya?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pattaya  (Read 33965 times)
Colargol

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 05:28:49 PM

I'm quite sure no one was surprised to see that, or felt that it mattered.

Its nice to see you are so liberal minded. I doubt the business community and average citizens, who we want to get interested, feel the same.

Btw, I think the poll needs a couple more options.

Boy Howdy!
and
Hell No! 

Please donate a few pennies to the singing and dancing bear:
1KUsZU8GkUAQJH5ryqSFtTJGgFtqJnsedE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defxor

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 05:29:38 PM

I refuse to call that 50-or-so meet'ngreet with beers a conference

No one cares what you call what.
Colargol

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 05:30:13 PM

(PS: I love Amsterdam as a tourist. I've also been to Amsterdam for conferences. You know what? Those two things have nothing whatsoever to do with eachother)

Until you start hosting nerd-meetings (I refuse to call that 50-or-so meet'ngreet with beers a conference) in amsterdam, because you want to buy some weed there, claiming that it is all for the benefit of a greater good. Then you are abusing that greater good for your own personal gain.

+1

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2011, 05:36:37 PM

I'm quite sure no one was surprised to see that, or felt that it mattered.

Its nice to see you are so liberal minded. I doubt the business community and average citizens, who we want to get interested, feel the same.

Btw, I think the poll needs a couple more options.

Boy Howdy!
and
Hell No! 

I love how you think. Believe you, me, Colargol, I get a kick out of adding humor to my polls and posts, but please forgive me, this time, for not changing it because I feel too adamant about this subject. Next time, I WILL take you up on your suggestion(s).

The_Duke

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 05:41:12 PM

I refuse to call that 50-or-so meet'ngreet with beers a conference

No one cares what you call what.

Just like no one cares how Bruce calls his "holiday with benefits" to a shady place in Thailand. So that figures. Wink

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
defxor

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 05:44:07 PM

shady place

http://www.google.com/search?q=pattaya+conferences

Please let them know. All of them.
wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 06:54:50 AM

I just have to say ...

I'm as gay as they come and I think this is a terrible choice for a Bitcoin conference.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
The_Duke

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 11:06:51 AM

I will, of you start telling all of those that "sex and shady business" is NOT what most people first think when they hear Pattaya: http://www.google.com/search?q=pattaya+child+prostitution

See who's done first...

But I understand that you do not care about bitcoins reputation and only want to join Bruce on his holiday trip. Hard to argue with such intentions.

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 11:23:53 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2011, 12:09:25 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

I just have to say ...

I'm as gay as they come and I think this is a terrible choice for a Bitcoin conference.

Call me naïve, or just plain slow, for it was exactly two days ago I thought to myself if there's a direct correlation between a member on this board named Buttcoin and the why he chose that moniker. Reason being, I seem to always wear one of those eye thingies racehorses wear to keep them looking straight ahead. Sexual orientation of a member is the last thing on my mind, although, some may argue, sex is the first thing on my mind. I used to, and sometimes still do, fantasize about going to a foreign land and fucking the shit out of some young girl (remember, this is just a sexual fantasy, and pretty sure I wouldn't do it). That said, I strongly feel that Pattaya and Bitcoin is like Exxon oil and the Yellowstone River: Two great things, but don't mix them together, for if you do, the media will have a heyday with the slightest drop of trouble.

Thank you kindly, wolfaur, for your comment.

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 11:34:00 AM

Clearly Pattaya is highly contentious. I see no reason to hold an event there, when so many other fantastic locations exist, both in Thailand (amazing country!) and elsewhere.

A conference is about networking, development, fun, and PR. All parts are important - and Pattaya seems terrible for that forth criteria, and if it is dangerous and super awkward, then it'll be terrible for the third as well.

Bruce - let's rethink the location.

Weighing the pros and cons, pataya should not be the location.
bitcoin rather needs more serious PR and needs go build credibility.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 11:43:32 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2011, 11:59:19 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Clearly Pattaya is highly contentious. I see no reason to hold an event there, when so many other fantastic locations exist, both in Thailand (amazing country!) and elsewhere.

A conference is about networking, development, fun, and PR. All parts are important - and Pattaya seems terrible for that forth criteria, and if it is dangerous and super awkward, then it'll be terrible for the third as well.

Bruce - let's rethink the location.

Weighing the pros and cons, pataya should not be the location.
bitcoin rather needs more serious PR and needs go build credibility.

Credibility being the paramount factor with PR as its keystone. (Is this analogy correct? I just woke up!)

I will, of you start telling all of those that "sex and shady business" is NOT what most people first think when they hear Pattaya: http://www.google.com/search?q=pattaya+child+prostitution

See who's done first...

But I understand that you do not care about bitcoins reputation and only want to join Bruce on his holiday trip. Hard to argue with such intentions.

It looks like The_Duke is well armed to do some duke'in.

My brother, Bryan, not my other brother, Bruce (for real), is one of the top players in Mobster II (I think that's the name of the game). He likes to brag how he takes his toon to different cities to fight and earn points/dollars. I think of that when I read the little skirmishes that take place on some of these threads. I somewhat feel it's needed because NASCAR would be boring if there weren't any rivalries--or crashes. Therefore, in case you need to power-up (or what ever the correct gaming term is), The_Duke, I supply you with this: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Pattaya+sex+with+very+young+girls

defxor

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 11:56:18 AM

Hard to argue with such intentions.

Well. So far you've managed to prove to us all that your knowledge about the world comes from Hollywood Smiley I agree you would have a hard time arguing successfully about pretty much everything.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 12:06:51 PM

Hard to argue with such intentions.

Well. So far you've managed to prove to us all that your knowledge about the world comes from Hollywood Smiley I agree you would have a hard time arguing successfully about pretty much everything.

Is this also in reference to his name choice--The_Duke--and that Hollywood is often referred to as Babylon?

I'm not picking sides in this, defxor, nor trying to add fuel to both of you. My posts are just my obscure thoughts. That said, I'll now stay on the sidelines and only read.

(image of The Duke not available)

The_Duke

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 12:59:58 PM

Its quite interesting to see that I as a bitcoin critic am trying to actually help bitcoin forward by trying to prevent its image from being even further washed down the drain, while some supposed bitcoin enthusiasts seem all to eager to add child abuse to the list of bad associations with bitcoin.

Oh well, what do I care. Have fun on the kiddycruise! This time it would actually be better if Bruces hyping about media attention completely misses the boat (pun intended). God forbid the media catch on to a bitcoin meeting in a sex resort :')

The_Duke

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 02:32:37 PM

Personally I've thought this whole time that you're kind of a jackass,

Hey, the fact that I am right doesn't mean I can't still be a jackass at the same time! Tongue Wink

worldly

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 03:09:30 PM

I've spent plenty of time in Thailand, have visited Pattaya.

No matter how many write ups you read, it will shock even the hardest core sex fiend into how much of a sex tourist place this is.

Sex tourism exists all over Thailand, Pattaya attracts the worst of them.

Its simply not known for anything else and Im pretty sure if one had been to Pattaya they would be saying that there are better places to hold a bitcoin conference.

European Bitcoin Conference Prague 2011
defxor

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 03:13:53 PM

Is this also in reference to his name choice--The_Duke--and that Hollywood is often referred to as Babylon?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39624.msg484698#msg484698

(As to the coordinated posts by The Duke, "Matthew" etc above, sorry guys, well known trolls posting in support of well known trolls just makes what you write all the more ignorable)
Colargol

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 04:02:10 PM

Credibility being the paramount factor with PR as its keystone. (Is this analogy correct? I just woke up!)

I would put 'Inclusivity' way up there as well. That was kinda the point I was trying to make by suggesting those other options for the poll. ( Its okay you don't add them )

I was trying to show how something like this is very polarizing and not something we probably want linked with Bitcoin in the minds of people hearing about it for the first time. Like I may have said before we probably want to be welcoming to 'everybody' and not make it seem like some exclusive club. We should avoid things like elitism and making it seem we are appealing only to this or that fringe group; special interest; sub-culture etc.

Oh wait... I just had a great idea! Lets have our next Bitcoin conference at the Vatican and tie it in with a Pro Choice rally! ( I've always wanted to go to that area for vacation and I hear the Pope will also make an announcement that will rock the Bitcoin world!!! )  Wink   

There is a great expression I have heard in reference to organizational cohesion: "Whatever is not mutual is released."

There are a lot of people here who do not want to see a conference in Pattaya, at least one that may be seen as anything close to an 'official' conference. The question I ask of those who are in favour of it is: Would it be a terribly big deal if there was 'not' a Bitcoin conference in Pattaya?  If your answer is no then lets drop it and move on.  And if you turn that around and ask me, and these others, if it would be a terribly big deal if we did have a Bitcoin conference in Pattaya then I would suggest you haven't been listening to our concerns that have been expressed many times in these threads.

And Dexfor expressing these concerns, even if the person's comments and style of writing rubs you the wrong way, is 'not' trolling. Or would you put me in that category as well? And if so, what is your definition of "trolling"?  "Someone saying something that I disagree with"?

How about we just let this Pattaya idea go? 

defxor

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 04:08:24 PM

what is your definition of "trolling"?

Posting just to get reactions, of course. The definition of trolling goes back decades.

As far as I see it, besides belonging to the US far religious right there's no reason for anyone to have any opinions on one out of several places for a conference. If you personally don't like the place (I don't) - then don't go.

Colargol

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 04:25:36 PM

As far as I see it, besides belonging to the US far religious right there's no reason for anyone to have any opinions on one out of several places for a conference.

Oh Come on. Just go up to this post by worldly, to take just one example. This person hasn't just done some search on "conferences in Pattaya" but has actually been there.

I've spent plenty of time in Thailand, have visited Pattaya.

No matter how many write ups you read, it will shock even the hardest core sex fiend into how much of a sex tourist place this is.

Sex tourism exists all over Thailand, Pattaya attracts the worst of them.

Its simply not known for anything else and Im pretty sure if one had been to Pattaya they would be saying that there are better places to hold a bitcoin conference.

This is the type of post that only a right wing fundie could make?
You don't mind seeing Bitcoin being tied to something like this in the mind of average people who know little about Bitcoin?
Do you want to promote Bitcoin?
It seems you are being unreasonable and my last question is:
Are you not the one being a troll here?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: