Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:13:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to buy the newest mining generation  (Read 2738 times)
noSlave (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:14:11 PM

Hello,

in the past I mine for some experience with my laptop....but it´s not really profitably ^^.
So I decide to spend some money into mining hardware. I´d like to have min. 1000 Ghash/sec, lovely some more :-),

Did one of you have some tips for some mining hardware?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reikokuko

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:18:53 PM

The only options I know of are preorders if you want to take a gamble with those. Profitability really maybe, lovely on time or more =]
brush242

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:22:06 PM

Hello,

in the past I mine for some experience with my laptop....but it´s not really profitably ^^.
So I decide to spend some money into mining hardware. I´d like to have min. 1000 Ghash/sec, lovely some more :-),

You can look in the Group Buys section for what's available and for how much. But as the previous poster said, profitability on the machine itself is unlikely. If you view the machine as an investment for BTC, then that is another story.

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
AmericanBit

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:28:34 PM

check out KNC Neptune
kmarei

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:06:44 AM

5 bitmain antminers is close to 1000gh/s for 15 bitcoins
And you will have that in a week to 10 days, depending on your location
It's not a pre-order, it ships jan 6th
Search for group buy 6
I ordered 2 and they are our for delivery tomorrow Smiley
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:35:33 AM

Check out http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ for a descent start at a list of hardware and their hashrates, costs, and delivery dates.

If you're looking for the best, I'd look for the 28nm or smaller miners. KNC Neptune, BFL Monarch, or a Cointerra TerraMiner, to start.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:50:53 AM

Check out http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ for a descent start at a list of hardware and their hashrates, costs, and delivery dates.

If you're looking for the best, I'd look for the 28nm or smaller miners. KNC Neptune, BFL Monarch, or a Cointerra TerraMiner, to start.

Did you really just advise someone to look at BFL miners and youre a Hero Member?...thats such a noob move and pretty shameful actually
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:52:38 AM

Did you really combine "If youre looking for the best" and  "butterfly labs" in the same sentence. Your bitcointalk membership should be revoked

AmericanBit

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:53:38 AM

Hello,

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM BUTTERFLY LABS!!! or HASHFAST aka HASHSCAM
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:10:34 AM

Did you really combine "If youre looking for the best" and  "butterfly labs" in the same sentence. Your bitcointalk membership should be revoked

lol. So true. Perhaps he was just trying to create a long list ..........

My only advice is buy  from some producer that has a certain delivery date. Otherwise you have no idea of your ROI
Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:53:54 AM

I've given up and I'm mining altcoins at this point. If you don't put down $5,000+ you can't make ROI and even after spending all that money the difficulty:price ratio is rising quickly.

If I was going to buy an ASIC today I guess the Cointerra one looks ok, but who knows what's going to happen by April then it's delivered?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:58:20 AM

I've given up and I'm mining altcoins at this point. If you don't put down $5,000+ you can't make ROI and even after spending all that money the difficulty:price ratio is rising quickly.

If I was going to buy an ASIC today I guess the Cointerra one looks ok, but who knows what's going to happen by April then it's delivered?

The thought of even waiting for April to get delivery on an ASIC is ridiculous, presuming its even delivered then. Might as well chuck your money down the sink Wink

Like you say, altcoins are a much safer bet at thist time.
Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:08:54 AM

The thought of even waiting for April to get delivery on an ASIC is ridiculous, presuming its even delivered then. Might as well chuck your money down the sink Wink

By that logic, everything is ridiculous as there are no ASIC options that could possibly make ROI that will ship out. Assuming Cointerra actually does ship their January batch it will push the difficulty into the stratosphere. If then don't then maybe KNC makes sense. Just checked, Q2 2014 which means by May 31st and the price/performance is slightly worse. If even half these guys deliver what they're promising then the difficulty is going to explode, so if the price of BTC doesn't explode as well it will all be pointless.

Yeah, I remember why I gave up on this.
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:58:10 AM

By that logic, everything is ridiculous as there are no ASIC options that could possibly make ROI that will ship out. Assuming Cointerra actually does ship their January batch it will push the difficulty into the stratosphere. If then don't then maybe KNC makes sense. Just checked, Q2 2014 which means by May 31st and the price/performance is slightly worse. If even half these guys deliver what they're promising then the difficulty is going to explode, so if the price of BTC doesn't explode as well it will all be pointless.

This is true too...

The only gamble im willing to make is on KNC. They delivered the last ones on time and way above chip expectations. So that 3 TH could be up over 3.5 when it arrives. And this being their second time around, they know exactly what they have to do. I was in the first 5 seconds of the VIP KNC orders. So I only paid 10k and will be FIRST day at least. So Im happy with that.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:28:30 AM

You've hit the nail on the head unfortunately. Now is not the time to be getting into ASIC bitcoin mining.
noSlave (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:36:55 PM

5 bitmain antminers is close to 1000gh/s for 15 bitcoins
And you will have that in a week to 10 days, depending on your location
It's not a pre-order, it ships jan 6th
Search for group buy 6
I ordered 2 and they are our for delivery tomorrow Smiley

Thanks for the tip. But in my opinion it sounds really expensive, don´t you mean?
And also the costs per Ghash isn´t as good I like to have.
....hmmm but I can have this miner in only some days.

Ah, I´m also looking for professional altcoin mining. Will be glad about every tips for trustly mining hardware.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:36:08 PM

Are you trolling? Because i don't understand how can you recommend BFL...

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:53:15 AM

Maybe he works for them, or just copy-pasted the list from someone else  Cool
PolkRB

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 04:27:35 AM

Why do you not suggest buying from ButterflyLabs? With their new years promo, i was considering to buy 50GHs units for $984.00. I was thinking to get 4 of those...
What miners would you suggest then?
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:36:25 AM

Did you really just advise someone to look at BFL miners and youre a Hero Member?...thats such a noob move and pretty shameful actually

Are you trolling? Because i don't understand how can you recommend BFL...

Oh God. Here we go again. I swear I'm the one guy on these forums who doesn't hate them. I've been a customer of theirs since the FPGA days, and I've always had good luck with them. They're slow, but always deliver a solid product in the end.

Their support has always taken care of me as well. I'm sorry, but Avalon support was a joke. ASICMiner support is pretty much this forum. KNC is ok, I guess, but they're not in the US. When BFL shipped me a replacement PSU, it was at my door 2 days later.

Yes, I have several Monarchs on pre-order. I'm not gonna gush all over them, but would you all get off my ass? You'd think I just admitted to worshiping Hitler or something.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: