Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 11:25:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Passwords and registrations  (Read 621 times)
justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:13:23 PM

I use two passwords, one of them is strong and I use it for good exchanges and other weak one for unimportant registrations, I don't want to use so many passwords so this is my method.

WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:21:14 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2018, 06:09:45 PM by WildFire.ca

I understand you, losing passwords is a big problem. One project is working on it. Remme is an access control solution that can replace passwords with distributed authentication in the future.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:58:49 PM

Possibly the safest method is to write users and passwords on a piece of paper. Even so, there is always the risk that the database of any site where we are registered will be hacked. Therefore, it's recommended not to use the same email address and password in different sites.
batier84

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:10:01 PM

For these purposes, I use an extension from Google Chrome, called LastPass. Personally, it helps me a lot.
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 05:40:40 AM

All my important details are wrote in my notepad and it is stored securely by an encrypted flash drive. Also, I make a backup hard copy of my credentials and stored also in an encrypted safe. Losing these credentials, is like loosing every wallet you own. So you must be responsible in keeping your credentials safe. Do not post it online to avoid phishers and hacker attacks.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:51:48 AM

For wallets, I tend to be extra cautious and I store it either on multiple flash drives that stay locked in my almirah or on a piece of paper that stays inside my room. I just cannot afford to lose my private keys no matter what.
For every other website, I just have 2 passwords. I use one where all the financial things are involved like my banks and securities accounts, while the other password is what I use for other websites like e-commerce, social media etc
It is very hard to remember every single password.
itasannah

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:59:09 AM

I also have many passwords of many registrations. AT first, I make same all password in the registration. However, I think that it is too risky. So, I end up by making them different. It is good to store online in my g-drive and I have a backup in my office system.
agatha90

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:05:08 AM

Easy question, if you can hardly remember, use the same 1 password wherever you register. If different passwords, it is impossible you will remember it all.
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:48:02 AM

You should memorize a single complex password and then use that password for all of your wallets, it is easier to remember that way or if you decide to use different passwords then you can just have a note dedicated to storing your passwords. just don't store the passwords online and write them down in a book instead as it is much safer and in case your computer gets hacked then your passwords are safe.
JoMarrah Iarim Dan

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:17:11 PM

How do you keep all of these passwords from a lot of wallets, from many registration forms on various sites, whitelists, stock exchanges, alpha versions of projects? This is a whole bunch of nickname and passwords. Sometimes I look at this list and I get sick.
I already have a gag reflex when I see the phrase "Please register".

What do you think about it? These endless sign-ups never get old for you guys, do they? Or is it boring you too?

I am saving important information as organize as I can then I am making back ups to make sure that I will not lose it. I ofcourse name this data the right label. I saved the url, the password, the username, the email I used , my wallet address, my wallet private key, seed, etc. Yes there are timea that I forgot what username I 've used , what password so I just open the document and found it out. Sometimes it is saved on my phone or laptop.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Volk-05

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:40:04 PM

In my registration has become an integral part of life on the Internet and membership in those or communities or interests!
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:42:32 PM

I have may be over 30 important accounts and 10 passwords for them.
I am keeping these 10 passwords in my mind. All are different and from different memories not from special dates or names.
It is really a little bit hard for me but safest way I know that is
haravura

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:24:48 PM

How do you keep all of these passwords from a lot of wallets, from many registration forms on various sites, whitelists, stock exchanges, alpha versions of projects? This is a whole bunch of nickname and passwords. Sometimes I look at this list and I get sick.

What do you think about it? These endless sign-ups never get old for you guys, do they? Or is it boring you too?
for the wallet I use, just enough once register, what wallet emang you use? why so many registrations?
opeakande

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:12:11 AM

Keeping passwords from sign ups and registration is so tiring. What most people do is to create document to save the passwords but so many people make the mistakes of keeping there passwords and wallet private keys on google which seems so risky to.
gaguktnu

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:16:51 AM

Websites and exchanges that often need to be used can be saved by using browsers. Do not clean up cookie, you can log in automatically. But your wallet suggests that you set the password and write it as well as you can.
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:19:22 AM

Just being carefull to what I do and where I sign in. There is no problem having many wallets and keeping the codes safe as long as you are carefull on you accounts. Safety of your accounts should start on yourself.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Raiden0729

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:25:15 AM

Websites and exchanges that often need to be used can be saved by using browsers. Do not clean up cookie, you can log in automatically. But your wallet suggests that you set the password and write it as well as you can.
Yes, and you should follow strictly that rule if you want to avoid being hacked. Clearing cookies is a must because browser tends to hold onto information, and over time it could cause problems with logging in or bringing up websites. It's always a good idea to clear out the cache, or browser history, and clear cookies on a regular basis.

Personally, I keep my accounts username and password in an offline word document for me to have an access everytime I forgot all the details in my account. Forgetting your account details is so frustrating, you can't handle all these various complicated passwords all in your mind. Godoluck if you can handle it
labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 06:28:30 AM

For me I just rely on my bookmarks in my browser since its too tiry to write all down to paper.But too risky although if ever my pc will got virus and be reformatted.That’s why I never reformat my desktop when it got infected with virus last time.I just have malwarebytes installed on it and luckily all the suspecting virus is gone.So no need to reformat to erase all my websites user information anymore.
I have a question to you guys, can we just import our old bookmarks directly online to our newly reformatted pc?

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:28:46 AM

I don't mind registering for a project I have found that alot of ICO are now creating a dashboard from the website that will form your user account and method of contributing. I nearly always print off my wallet or recovery password and then store them in a safe fireproof place, under lock and key.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
arthur25

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:38:26 AM

Don't panic make yourself relax in order to organise your business. That is your responsibility to make everything in order so that you can manage well your every doing. Print or save it on cool storage. At first you will be too lazy and buzy that seems you can't manage but at the long run you will master that techniques. Give some time to practice yourself in better change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: