Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:55:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Debt?  (Read 6563 times)
Makingmoney2018

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:45:14 AM

Debt is a financial commitment made by a borrower to the lender who has provided a necessary funds/money. debt may be secured by an entity's other assets, which will become the lender's property if the entity cannot pay back the debt. Debt may also be guaranteed by a third party such as an owner or a corporate parent.
Pintasak

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:24:36 AM

I found this an interesting interview about the history of money and debt.
 Check it out.

What is Debt? – An Interview with Economic Anthropologist David Graeber

David Graeber currently holds the position of Reader in Social Anthropology at Goldsmiths University London. Prior to this he was an associate professor of anthropology at Yale University. He is the author of ‘Debt: The First 5,000 Years’ which is available from Amazon.

Interview conducted by Philip Pilkington, a journalist and writer based in Dublin, Ireland.

Philip Pilkington: Let’s begin. Most economists claim that money was invented to replace the barter system. But you’ve found something quite different, am I correct?

David Graeber: Yes there’s a standard story we’re all taught, a ‘once upon a time’ — it’s a fairy tale.
Something typically that money is owed or due

irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:36:34 AM

the debt must be done in an urgent situation.
in my country if it is not indebted then the person will not have the desired.
Theonethatgotaway

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:43:29 AM

the debt must be done in an urgent situation.
in my country if it is not indebted then the person will not have the desired.
The due of the owed property or currency is what we call as debt. If you tend to borrow or lend some cash or property you're titled to retort the value you borrowed to the lender. You have a unique countty for having that way of thinking but I would like to believe that people has debt when he/she wasn't able to payback what he/she lent.

▰▰▰ [ Paygine ] ▰▰▰  
New stage of global banking evolution!
● ● ● https://www.paygine.com/ ● ● ●
Lora_ng15

Activity: 452
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 08:31:50 AM

I am against debts, if it is not important, I would never take up a loan.

┈┈┈┈┈ WOWSECRET┈┈┈┈┈
● In WowSecret we trust ●
┈┈┈┈┈ https://www.wow-secret.com ┈┈┈┈┈
alyssaxx

Activity: 193
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:39:49 PM

There are diffirent meaning of debt one is sum of money that was owed or due and the other is feeling of gratitude from service or favour. Since we are here in Bitcointalk i think they are talking about money.
Why we owed money? Is it because we want to use this for a emergency purposes or we only owed money because we want to buy things that are beyond our means. If for emergency purpose i think it is okay as long as we have the guarantee that we pay it back on time. If the debt is for only to buy our want, we should think twice, if this attitude will be done again and again you will become heavily in debt. And it is very hard to cope up again.
Makingmoney2018

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:40:15 AM

Debt is a duty or an obligation to pay money, deliver goods, or render service under an express or implied agreement. One who owes, is a debtor or debit-or: one to whom it is owed, is a deb-tee, creditor or lender. Debt may be secured by an entity's other assets, which will become the lender's property if the entity cannot pay back the debt. Alternatively, the debt may be unsecured. Debt may also be guaranteed by a third party, such as an owner or a corporate parent.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:58:26 AM

I am against debts, if it is not important, I would never take up a loan.

Well sometimes, situations become desperate and people are left with little options but to ask others for assitance, in this case, to borrow money. I don't think anybody would want to be indebted and if there's another way, then why not do that instead. I'm not against it, especially of done for the right reasons.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
tannerchum

Activity: 350

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:10:14 AM

Debt is kinda difficult to talk too. Even me I am afraid of debt but it couldn't help to have it because life is so difficult to go on without money and it is so hard to go with the flow if you cannot have what your friends have. For me I wanted to stick with bitcoin because it is one way to have stable life and to oversee the progress.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Jeepney_koh

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:52:25 AM

Check it out.

David Graeber currently holds the position of Reader in Social Anthropology at Goldsmiths University London. Prior to this he was an associate professor of anthropology at Yale University. He is the author of ‘Debt: The First 5,000 Years’ which is available from Amazon.

Interview conducted by Philip Pilkington, a journalist and writer based in Dublin, Ireland.

Philip Pilkington: Let’s begin. Most economists claim that money was invented to replace the barter system. But you’ve found something quite different, am I correct?

David Graeber: Yes there’s a standard story we’re all taught, a ‘once upon a time’ — it’s a fairy tale.

Debt is too personal to discuss and too private to broadcast. But since this is the topic of today, debt for me is something that you lend and something that you need to pay. Debt is also in the form credit or owing money from someone in which sometimes has interests.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:56:41 AM

I read it last night when I had a fever but the first half I read was very interesting especially the part about barter coming before money being a fairytale. I can remember we were taught this in school and
Barter trade associations use it to promote themselves.
We find that Debt is present everywhere in the presence of money, in my country, there is a lot of debt from banks with people or businesses with government. I also have a lot of debt in my life and have not been solved.

jbarcenas18

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:04:12 AM

Debt is considered as accounts payable, wherein an agreement of two parties where you promise to pay at a given time. It can be in a forms of car loan, mortgage loan, credit cards, salary loan, housing loan,and etc. If you borrowed bitcoin to your friend and promise to pay with interest so that's considered as debt.

█ █          https://BitcoinAir.org          █ █
★    Secure Payment as Light as Air  ★ 
Paka1

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:44:39 AM

Debt is designed to ruin your life and not to help you, it can ruin your financial status and also your family. As long as you don’t need much the money don’t borrow, or else you will suffer in the long run.
Debt is like addiction for me,it may help you for the main time but make most suffering in the long run.Though there are so many kind of debt,it maybe bad or good depends on how you apply it.Also,it maybe financially debt or a good deed by someone that favorably making u debt in return for example someone save your life,so as we usually do,we have to offer a reward as nature to us human individual or for our logical thinking,we did have a debt on that someone for saving our life.
Debt is something you owe from a person. It is your responsibility to return what you have borrowed within a time period or it maybe negotiable, well it depends upon the situation.
noriksiayol

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:51:32 AM

Debt, it is something a persons borrowed cash to other persons, and talking about deficits problem, it is a negative form of income that mostly happen in local government.
waskaplung

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:55:07 AM

Check it out.

Debt something, typically money, that is owed or due.
"I paid off my debts"
bill, account, dues, arrears, charges; something like that.
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:02:58 PM

Check it out.

Nice content thanks for sharing it here it was worth to read with. So that's where it started nice one mate literally ignoring the legend of debt now I've added some knowledge i can use to discuss in this forum.
tats14

Activity: 168

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:04:41 PM

Debt is when you dont have money , you can loan to your friends or whatever, debt is a poverty for me. Debt is a curse.

elash

Activity: 116

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:34:10 PM

Check it out.

Debt is when a person borrow a money from the creditor its called debt and some debt is also have a period of time and a fixed or variable interest rate and some debt is collateralize if you borrow in big creditor. all of have experince and encounter the word dept because sometimes we borrow money for emergency/we need it a time.

supermam

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:46:23 PM

Debt is a money or a thing that we borrow to someone and need to pay it on the date that we promise to pay or shall we say on the date that we agree to settle it or we will be fined.
donpepot

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:58:47 PM

Check it out.

Debt is money owed by one party, the borrower or debtor, to a second party, the lender or creditor. The borrower may be a sovereign state or country, local government, company, or an individual.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: