Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:52:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Atomic Trade New Virtual Currency Exchange USD BTC  (Read 44351 times)
gaalx

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:42:43 AM

Hello Do you have an idea of ​​what is happening I sent some btc to atomic-trade. To buy vta But the conversion successfully written Site Pending Transfers Messages of support have not responded
repeat. have been working for 3 months. were minor problems that were solved instantly.

don't tell nonsense. reliable exchange!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ByronP (OP)

Activity: 599
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:29:21 PM

AC (AsiaCoin), HBN (HoboNickels) and MAX (MaxCoin) will be de-listed on the 17th withdraw before then!
ByronP (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:32:14 PM

Hello Do you have an idea of ​​what is happening I sent some btc to atomic-trade. To buy vta But the conversion successfully written Site Pending Transfers Messages of support have not responded

Do you have a transaction id that I can look at? Thank You
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:06:09 PM

What is with the signing in process with Atomic Trade?

Firstly, the site doesn't behave well in chrome, which I prefer.

Secondly,  I remember it took me about five attempts to get an account set up, but now my password doesn't work.

I have tried a password reset, but the when I follow the email link to the reset page and enter a new password I just get sent back to the reset password page again - it's an endless loop.

I signed up a few months ago, but these problems have really put me off using it.
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 12:45:11 AM

works fine for me on chrome.

also a new revamp of UI is coming fairly soon. weeks? much more than just a ui clean up.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
krixzaok

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:35:09 AM

Nice!

saeeds255

Activity: 386

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:57:38 PM

Whats wrong with the exchange ? why it says "Service Unavailable" ?

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
Ignatius

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:58:15 PM

Nice!

Whats wrong with the exchange ? why it says "Service Unavailable" ?

Scheduled maintenance as far as I can tell:
https://twitter.com/AtomicTradeLLC
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 10:49:53 PM

Tweets  Tweets and replies
 ByronP @AtomicTradeLLC  ·  4h
Sorry I expect this to take some time while waiting for M$ to respond.
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 0 times FavoriteFavorited 0 times
More
 ByronP @AtomicTradeLLC  ·  5h
Site is down for some emergency work

https://twitter.com/AtomicTradeLLC

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
ByronP (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 02:04:34 AM

At approximately 10:49 AM EST on Aug 23 2014 the Virtual Machine (VM) and its associated Virtual Hard Drives (VHD) that resided on Microsoft's Azure platform and contained our customer data for lack of a better term went poof. Microsoft's official word on this is as follows “Thank you for your update. I understand your frustration regarding your deleted data. Unfortunately, as I have mentioned in my previous email, we do not the tools to restore customer data due to security, privacy and compliance reasons. There is nothing that I can do at this point to restore your data”.

Due to the overwhelming size of the database our backup structure is one designed to only minimize the damage in the event of such a catastrophic failure. Daily backups resided on one of the afflicted VHD's while monthly offsite backups are still available. Our last monthly offsite backup is approximately 2 week’s old meaning we have lost about 2 weeks of trade data, balances, registrations, deposits, withdrawals, etc. Such a loss is something I hoped never would happen however despite my plea to Microsoft to try and restore the data they contend the following "Azure cloud storage does not function in the same way as conventional SAN on premise storage solution, we do not have the ability to access storage directly and recover specific data".

It saddens me very much to have lost faith in the idea of cloud computing and its ability to reliably store data.

In light of this I have decided it best to offer everyone 2 options:
  • We continue using the current site and infrastructure as planned until we switch over to our private servers.
  • I break my back and try and get the new system up and running as fast as possible while leaving the site offline.

Both solutions still mean we have to deal with the loss of data. This will mean a loss for some and a gain for others. As I have no way of knowing any balances, trade data, deposits, withdrawals, new accounts, etc. after the last offsite backup. I am open to any and all suggestions so please feel free to include your constructive input.
Zeke_Vermillion

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:45:00 AM

I'm not sure what this means. I think it means that you still have the private keys for wallets in cold storage, but just don't have any account / trade data since the last backup. If that's the case, perhaps the right way to deal with this is:

(1) start with the last backup

(2) measure deposits / withdrawals since the last backup, based on blockchain data (surely you at least know the static addresses involved)

(3) apportion the net difference between accounts based on the verifiable deposits and withdrawals of each user since the last backup

Let's say for simplicity that there's 10 BTC in cold storage for all of Atomic Trade, and total deposits since last backup were another 10 BTC. If my user account balance 2 weeks ago was 1 BTC, and I deposited 1 BTC since then as verified on the blockchain record, I would receive a total adjusted balance of 2 BTC.

This really sucks though. I would expect to see a more active approach to M$. I'd be happy to help with a demand letter, etc. If you don't have any funds in cold storage offline, though, I would just say don't do anything crazy!

Z
sidgrip

Activity: 211
Merit: 119

Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 02:53:05 AM

Exchanges are not a safe place to store your crypto. We should have learned from CryptoRush's crash.  thankfully I did and will only have lost $85 from this. I will still trade on Atomic when It come back online  Grin  Good luck ByronP with this issue

-Sid

BLAKEZONE Crypto Gaming Platform --- Mine While you Game Blake256 Merged Mining Pools: LA1 - NY2/AT1 - EU3  Why mine one coin when you can mine six at a once! Cool
For the latest info & updates --> Blake Community Telegram     BCT Blakecoin thread     Blakecoin.org     Twitter     Rent Mining Hash for BlakeCoin & Photon -->  Mining Rig Rentals
ByronP (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 03:24:17 AM

I'm not sure what this means. I think it means that you still have the private keys for wallets in cold storage, but just don't have any account / trade data since the last backup. If that's the case, perhaps the right way to deal with this is:

(1) start with the last backup

(2) measure deposits / withdrawals since the last backup, based on blockchain data (surely you at least know the static addresses involved)

(3) apportion the net difference between accounts based on the verifiable deposits and withdrawals of each user since the last backup

Let's say for simplicity that there's 10 BTC in cold storage for all of Atomic Trade, and total deposits since last backup were another 10 BTC. If my user account balance 2 weeks ago was 1 BTC, and I deposited 1 BTC since then as verified on the blockchain record, I would receive a total adjusted balance of 2 BTC.

This really sucks though. I would expect to see a more active approach to M$. I'd be happy to help with a demand letter, etc. If you don't have any funds in cold storage offline, though, I would just say don't do anything crazy!

Z

Interesting idea the wallets are all fine they back up 3 times a day to an encrypted redundant storage system. I could probably write a script to reprocess all the wallet transactions but this wont account for the amounts traded and may make things worse... I will have to think about this one and how it would work and yes I am extremely unhappy with the way they are operating and the contempt show in there responses but that is probably no surprise what does surprise me is there complete and utter lack of responsibility since from my reading this has happened to many people. At least the private rack is already in place and awaiting the final software to bring the new site online.
Zeke_Vermillion

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:29:12 AM

Basically I would be happy if you get my account back up and it has my old balance, plus BTC I deposited since then. (And for folks who deposited alt coins, should have their alt coins). Since we deposit to static addresses, even the old backup should still have the deposit add'ys, and those can be matched with public blockchain data. Thus the only loss is whatever we made or lost trading since last backup. And given the low volume on the site, it's guaranteed to be pretty low numbers provided we don't lose deposits.

Yes, we can't trust our private keys to other folks. Yet we do, b/c we want to buy and sell alt coins and we're too lazy to join Bitcoin WoT, or to deal directly.
Jude Austin
Legendary

Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 03:54:46 AM

A good majority of this could have been avoided.

Exchange owners need to quit relying on their databases and start using the wallets features to their advantage.

Trader creates an account on the website: web server either assigns them a unique customer id number or uses their email address or other unique identifier, calls getaccountaddress "userid" and tells the customer to send to that address to fund their account.

Trader receives coins to fund their account: web server isn't involved.

Trader is shown their current balance: getbalance "userid" 6 to get their 'confirmed' balance, and subtracts it from getbalance "userid" 0 to get their 'unconfirmed' balance.

Show the trader a list of transactions: listtransactions "userid"

Trader sends coins to another bitcoin address: sendfrom "userid" <address> <amount> - This prevents the server wallet balance from getting drained by an individual user, ask Cryptsy or Coinex about that one.

Trader transfers coins to another trader: move "userid1" "userid2" <amount>

Trader is charged a fee for use of the service: move "userid" "FEES" <amount> (using special accounts like "FEES" can make your application's logic much simpler)

This way when your database takes a shit but you still have the wallet you will be able to correlate user account names and their account balances.

I've seen it happen several times and I have seen the damage from sending funds from the server wallet using "sendtoaddress" AKA sending from their main wallet instead of using "sendfrom" which will only allow people/users to move/withdraw available funds.

Using "sendtoaddress" is what caused a lot of exchanges to get their entire server wallet drained, when if they would have used "sendfrom" the most that could ever be sent/withdrawn from a user account is what was actually in their account.

This would be helpful in this situation because even if you didn't know the trades that occurred you would know that all the users balances are correct.

Buy or sell $100 of Crypto and get $10!
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 04:06:59 AM

What is status of ATP and CCS, 2 weeks old also?

Well the odds are low (but not 0) that you won't lose all your data again before moving to new servers.

Bring Atomic up on current sys with old data will allow you to deal with all our screams of agony then work on moving to new system and then deal with pain of the move.

Going straight to new sys means listening screams here then mass confusion as we get a an unknown UI and old data at the same time.

For me this even worse because many coins I did not loose from a Trojan attack on home PC I sent to AT this week.

We continue using the current site and infrastructure as planned until we switch over to our private servers.
I break my back and try and get the new system up and running as fast as possible while leaving the site offline.

Both solutions still mean we have to deal with the loss of data. This will mean a loss for some and a gain for others. As I have no way of knowing any balances, trade data, deposits, withdrawals, new accounts, etc. after the last offsite backup. I am open to any and all suggestions so please feel free to include your constructive input.

ByronP (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 05:56:24 AM

What is status of ATP and CCS, 2 weeks old also?

Well the odds are low (but not 0) that you won't lose all your data again before moving to new servers.

Bring Atomic up on current sys with old data will allow you to deal with all our screams of agony then work on moving to new system and then deal with pain of the move.

Going straight to new sys means listening screams here then mass confusion as we get a an unknown UI and old data at the same time.

For me this even worse because many coins I did not loose from a Trojan attack on home PC I sent to AT this week.

We continue using the current site and infrastructure as planned until we switch over to our private servers.
I break my back and try and get the new system up and running as fast as possible while leaving the site offline.

Very true Mog good point no need to add to the confusion. So I will bring up the backup first thing and see what I can do about scanning the deposits and withdrawals.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 05:57:24 AM

Nice backup system admin.

means I lost 20+ referrals and some ATP investments?

Zeke_Vermillion

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:11:10 AM

Best to take time and minimize errors. There will be a rush to make withdrawals as soon as the site is back up, so either make sure the balances are as accurate as they can get, or else have to freeze w/d until they are. Don't want to end up with an overall deficit like Vircurex.
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 06:25:53 AM

I'm shocked and still processing.  What about the status of ATP and CCS we have?  How can Microsoft get away with such a poorly designed service, surely before their maintenance they would have some protection in place to recover if something wrong without needed to access the data itself like backup images of VM/VHDs?   They say 99.9% available on all their azure services here https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/legal/sla/
Why can't they restore the site to as it was before the maintenance began?

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: