Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:08:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin too volatile for payment, but what is the problem ?  (Read 509 times)
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 02:45:04 AM

Others want a stable coin as an alternative payment because they don't want to lose money after buying it from an exchange and spending it on something they want but they're a couple of dollars short because of the volatility. I don't mind the volatilty when i'm spending my Bitcoin if the price goes down I have no choice but to deal with it by holding it until it recovers or spend more if it's needed.

The real problem back then was the fees it got to the point where the price is so high plus the fees went to the moon because of the spam or there's just a lot of active users making transactions during that time. Because of that some merchants lost interest stopped accepting/using Bitcoin.

In regards to scalability problem, I believe bitcoin failed and it will be a volatile coin as long as it exist but there are altcoins that solves this issue. They can be use for payment and can be received by merchants without worrying for the value to decrease. They just need investors and promoters to become huge enough to be accepted by people.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:17:30 AM

Others want a stable coin as an alternative payment because they don't want to lose money after buying it from an exchange and spending it on something they want but they're a couple of dollars short because of the volatility. I don't mind the volatilty when i'm spending my Bitcoin if the price goes down I have no choice but to deal with it by holding it until it recovers or spend more if it's needed.

The real problem back then was the fees it got to the point where the price is so high plus the fees went to the moon because of the spam or there's just a lot of active users making transactions during that time. Because of that some merchants lost interest stopped accepting/using Bitcoin.

In regards to scalability problem, I believe bitcoin failed and it will be a volatile coin as long as it exist but there are altcoins that solves this issue. They can be use for payment and can be received by merchants without worrying for the value to decrease. They just need investors and promoters to become huge enough to be accepted by people.

Correct. There are so many selections of altcoins out there that are just waiting to be discovered and use. Bitcoin can still have a value like a virtual gold but for there will be an altcoin that is specifically designed for payments.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:16:38 PM

bitcoin is too unstable to use as a means of payment, because each user can be burdened with expenses incurred. there are some altcoin that can overcome the solution that will be used as payment, maybe it is intended for traders or investors so as not to worry to be able to make high payments issued by bitcoin
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 04:53:59 PM

Bitcoin is too volatile for payment but the volatile always work in the pump direction and I don't see the volatile as a problem because it can be avoid which is the reason why merchants, shore owner or business owner who was to accept bitcoin as payment need to be knowledgeable.

mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:24:18 PM

I think there are mostly peoples are against cryptocurrencies because of bitcoin price when they are buying some coins for long term or short term investment and they are new in trading but when unfortunately bitcoin price move unexpectedly than they have to bear a loss that is why they are against,
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:14:51 PM

Bitcoin is too volatile for payment but the volatile always work in the pump direction and I don't see the volatile as a problem because it can be avoid which is the reason why merchants, shore owner or business owner who was to accept bitcoin as payment need to be knowledgeable.

always in the pump direction? What do you mean? Do you mean the price is always rising?
There is no guarantee that bitcoin price will always rise.
angeltee

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:49:11 PM

Bitcoin is so volatile that the price fluctuates and its reacts to news that touch the heart.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:32:36 AM

I read some criticism around Bitcoin, because is too volatile, but this is the reason for the success of this crypto ( and others), imo

Also, why do you need a stable coin ? If you can't pay with Bitcoin for you coffe, who cares ? I mean, it is just like gold, you don't walk around paying with gold, but you know it has value.

I just can't see a clear disadvantage on being too volatile, something that could make ppl loose interest on Bitcoin. I would like to hear opinions on that.

Volatile is not always bad, it can be good sometime. for example you buy when it low, and sell when it high.
But i think to become a solid payment currency, bitcoin need to be more stable in the future to avoid loss of value when it dropping too much.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:37:26 AM

Bitcoin is too volatile because it is still in the adoption stage and it will have stable value once more people started using it,but as you said the volatility keeps the people interested in the bitcoin because it helps us to make money with it by buying low and selling high but these kind of mentality needs to be changed of we want to have a stable price for it.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:42:14 AM

I read some criticism around Bitcoin, because is too volatile, but this is the reason for the success of this crypto ( and others), imo

Also, why do you need a stable coin ? If you can't pay with Bitcoin for you coffe, who cares ? I mean, it is just like gold, you don't walk around paying with gold, but you know it has value.

I just can't see a clear disadvantage on being too volatile, something that could make ppl loose interest on Bitcoin. I would like to hear opinions on that.
In actual it is a matter of understanding that most of the people are thinking in negative ways .
Suppose you got payment in bitcoin , and after that there is both type of chances i.e up or down , here everyone are thinking that what will happen if get down but they are not thinking that they can make lot sir profit easily with the pricing up because there are much chances to get up the down .
Well not every people can understand this thing easily until we push them in this field to understand it thoroughly before to force them to accept payment in bitcoin .
So here overall problem of understanding only , not of the real thing that have any loss like thing .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
mineko

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:51:23 AM

which I know bitcoin like bubbles, sometimes the price is still up and down and can not stabilize, and I'm not afraid of loss or disappointment, because bitcoin is like that and do not be afraid of investing losses, because someday bitcoin will rise again and do not be afraid of loss invest ya.
laiya94
Copper Member

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:42:40 AM

Its okay if the bitcoin is the only payment method to buying a coffee, but sadly it's not so since fiats stable and cryptos unstable its hard to keep a static price with cryptocurrencies. That's the main problem and if and one day world depends only on cryptocurrencies instead of fiats then there will be no problem.

✘  EXCOLONY   |▌  YOUR PLEASURE IS OUR INNOVATION
|███   White Paper  [  JOIN our ICO  ]  ANN Thread   ███|
Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Github  |  Reddit
salintheonline

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:03:24 AM

If you compare to how volatile Bitcoin is in the past, Bitcoin is much stable right now. The same thing happens to altcoins. Bitcoin will eventually become less and less volatile when more people believe in it.
Spontebob

Activity: 418
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:50:20 PM

For bitcoin to work as an effective currency, it needs to be stable. The reason why there aren't that many merchants around the bitcoin ecosystem is because they are scared to receive a payment that's too volatile. Bitcoin would have been an excellent currency since you can use it across borders without having to exchange to a country's local currency just to buy something, so there's that.

I see one: merchants. They could potentially bring a lot of people in this ecosystem since their peers could use bitcoin as a form of payment. I don't really think that it will happen sooner or later unless services like BitPay continue to deliver cheap solutions for such merchants since it also takes off of their profits because they need to pay the concierge to receive the equivalent in dollars. It isn't that serious of a disadvantage but still a disadvantage nonetheless

Instability is not a good thing at all knowing how risky it is. Who wants to receive a payment that is unstable or that can increase or decrease anytime soon anyway. Well, unless if you take risks  or an optimist. 
orayorayan2

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:18:12 PM

it is true that it is not stable for the purchase as the price fluctuates down and rises drastically while the value of a thing in the perjual traded on average has a setabil value in the long term so very not in accordance with the price of bitcoin which has the nature of fluctuations
fantasticX5

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:28:25 PM

It's too volatile as many investors do transactions everyday that affects the supply and demand of bitcoin. With a decentralize currency, some big investors will take advantage to create issue to panic other investors to sell their coins.
SivaSankarSMS

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:31:26 PM

They could potentially bring a lot of people in this ecosystem since their peers could use bitcoin as a form of payment.Because of that some merchants lost interest stopped I don't mind the volatilty when i'm spending my Bitcoin if the price goes down I have no choice but to deal with it by holding it until it recovers or spend more if it's needed.Well, being volatile of crypto currency is the reason why it so many investores out there that waiting on the price is down they can buy immediately, and if the price was high they can sell how much they want to sell, we can not culpable them on what they want to said about bitcoin, just ignore them if they say something bad.The real problem back then was the fees it got to the point where the price is so high plus the fees went to the moon because of the spam or there's just a lot of active users making transactions during that time.   I don't really think that it will happen sooner or later unless services like BitPay continue to deliver cheap solutions for such merchants since it also takes off of their profits because they need to pay the concierge to receive the equivalent in dollars.
insikko0413

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:42:40 PM

In my opinion, i think bitcoin is really good only for investment and not payment because anytime the value is fluctuating which is really hard to adjust and to perform payment transactions.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:12:43 PM

Lighting network defiantly seems like a viable solution. The other way I'd look at this is Bitcoin is great for big purchases - houses, cars, etc
That's not enough, the main thing is volatility we have numerous ways to make the transaction of bitcoin faster but the volatility is passive in bitcoin and they are right if you really want to make Bitcoin as a reliable way for payments most especially for microtransactions then it needs to be stable like the other stable coins and fiat did, big purchases are also fine as long as you are planning to hold bitcoin.
ScottDominic

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:02:36 AM

volatility is not a problem it is some time prove good for some people and sometime bad, and also it is essential for the balance.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: