Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any one heard about www.igot.com  (Read 20932 times)
AlphaD

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:49:12 AM

I use Igot.com.

They are ridonkulously slow to process transactions and their support is absolute shithouse!

But they do come through in the end.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 08:03:02 AM

My first experience with them some weeks ago wasnt good as I had made a cash deposit over the counter at my bank then got a nice surprise when I tried to w/d my BTC with a message saying I could only w/d like 0.01BTC or something for the first 7 days  Shocked

Several emails to support later I managed to get to the funds about 24-36 hours later based on the fact I had supplied all necessary ID and made a cash deposit. I found their support quite responsive during this interim period as well. I would probably use them again in view of this and the fact my daily w/d limit is now a lot higher.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
hyphenx

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 09:25:59 AM

I have been trading bitcoins since the days of CryptoXchange, so I've been around the block more than a couple of times and run into my fair amount of scams.
My experience is as follows:

25/8-26/8 Deposited $1, withdrew $1. All checked out well
26/8 Seems legit, so I deposited a sum that CoinJar won't allow.
27/8 Money appeared in account
I noticed you need to be level 2 to withdraw any money, so I uploaded documents using the webcam feature in the verification process.
3/9 I was told this was too blurry.
4/9 I then uploaded them as scans
6/9 Scans too blurry
8/9 sites not letting me upload new documents, eventually can after contacting support again.
8/9 new scans uploaded
10/9 told to upload notarised copies of the documents and also mail documents to iGot as they could not find me in the white pages.
I had already verified with a license, utility bill, bank account, bpay and mobile phone number.
I have also sign up to NAB's uBank account using less than this, verified accounts with CoinJar, Kraken, Bitstamp, so its not a new process or anything here.
10/9 I live fairly remote from town so supplied more bills and confirmed a whitepages listing, told I still needed to notarise documents.
11/9 I made the trek into town, got documents notarised, uploaded and sent the originals express post to iGot's address on their site.
15/9 Hadn't heard anything so I sent a support request and was told my account would be verified in 24-48hrs.
17/9 Received copypasta saying they are verifying documents and will lift restrictions when done.

All the while, my revenue streams are hindered which is negatively affecting my trading business.
Will be lodging a complaint to fair trading and consulting with my solicitor if their are further delays.

Will keep you updated

hyphenx

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 01:19:40 AM

Finally offered a refund. Still havent seen it.
Now they're requested I write a letter detailing I want a refund and my customer reference number.
Billyboy402 (OP)

Activity: 599
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:56:19 AM

i must say , i dont like it how the max withdraws for level 2 is only $25 AUD $20 USD
it kinda force you to send the documents

THIS ACCOUNT WAS HACK > SORRY FOR ANY ONE THAT HAS DEALT WITH THIS ACCOUNT.
ellave

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:20:58 AM

Have just signed upto Igot I was very happy & impressed having openend anaccount yesterday, deposited aud$100 over bpay & that being credited to my account this morning.  So I purchased $100 of BTC went to withdraw & find out I can only withdraw 0.001 BTC per day (useless), this increases to 0.05 (still useless) once they have verified my ID (which they have done quickly).  I have to wait 7 days to be able to withdraw anything more.

Tony Abbot

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:38:19 PM

My hard earned has been locked up in igot for a very long time. I have been unable to move any funds around for more than a month.
I stupidly let a friend who wanted some coins fund my account via bpay and my account was frozen under their "know your customer" rules.
I had to supply identification for my friend in order to unlock my funds.
I supplied the ID requested more than 2 weeks ago and they still haven't managed to verify him.
Replies from customer service have been kurt and lacking in any detail as to why this is taking so long.
They have been happy to accept further deposits and have been happy to let me spend said deposits on more BTC but won't let me sell, withdrawal or move BTC.
This is doing my head in.
I have a support ticket that's many pages in length, most of which is made up of me whinging and begging.
Can anyone tell me if verification should take this long (it didn't when I verified myself) ??
Or is there something weird going on?
They even mentioned that "my friend could be a member of ISIS for all they know."
They have enough ID to leave no doubt that everybody is who they say they are, and there is a paper trail a mile long that would cover their arses should anything untoward happen.
I don't get it.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:54:24 AM

My hard earned has been locked up in igot for a very long time. I have been unable to move any funds around for more than a month.
I stupidly let a friend who wanted some coins fund my account via bpay and my account was frozen under their "know your customer" rules.
I had to supply identification for my friend in order to unlock my funds.
I supplied the ID requested more than 2 weeks ago and they still haven't managed to verify him.
Replies from customer service have been kurt and lacking in any detail as to why this is taking so long.
They have been happy to accept further deposits and have been happy to let me spend said deposits on more BTC but won't let me sell, withdrawal or move BTC.
This is doing my head in.
I have a support ticket that's many pages in length, most of which is made up of me whinging and begging.
Can anyone tell me if verification should take this long (it didn't when I verified myself) ??
Or is there something weird going on?
They even mentioned that "my friend could be a member of ISIS for all they know."
They have enough ID to leave no doubt that everybody is who they say they are, and there is a paper trail a mile long that would cover their arses should anything untoward happen.
I don't get it.

So it seems everybody should stay away from this service. You're one of the many people having issues with them, and this thread is only 5 pages long. And still it is full of dissatisfied customers.

I would just steer clear of them. On the very first page I wrote a comment www.igot*robbed*.com
I was just having fun when I posted that, but it seems like it sounds true after all.
Tony Abbot

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:05:29 AM

Turns out they un-shackled my account on the weekend but forgot to tell me.  Oh well, back in business.... finally.
zerk89

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:27:57 PM

@ Tony Abbot

How's it going so far? Able to withdraw your BTC

I am worried as igot is not GST compliant in australia....

ellave

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:50:22 PM

I had issues with them this week.  So after my 7 days were up I withdraw the 0.25btc  & got a email confirmation & happily waited for it to appear in my wallet.  In the mean time I BPAY them $1000 for a further purchase, the next morning I am still without my 0.25btc in my personal wallet but get confirmation my $1000 has been received so I bought $1000 of BTC & attempted to withdraw that.

I then opened a ticket asking where my withdrawals were, after about 6 hours I got a response that my deposit of $1000 was large (seriously  Huh ) & so raised alarms it was fraud related.  They told me I had to get a written note from my bank AND my ID attested by a justice of the peace & post it to them or schedule a video call with them with a whole heap of my ID.   I kicked up a fuss about this & eventually got them to approve me after emailing in further signed ID & BPAY receipts from my work email address ( I work for a Bank).

So I eventually got my BTC but I'm not if any further purchase with be trouble free & I cant really recommend them with all over the top security measures they have in place.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:43:09 AM

I had issues with them this week.  So after my 7 days were up I withdraw the 0.25btc  & got a email confirmation & happily waited for it to appear in my wallet.  In the mean time I BPAY them $1000 for a further purchase, the next morning I am still without my 0.25btc in my personal wallet but get confirmation my $1000 has been received so I bought $1000 of BTC & attempted to withdraw that.

I then opened a ticket asking where my withdrawals were, after about 6 hours I got a response that my deposit of $1000 was large (seriously  Huh ) & so raised alarms it was fraud related.  They told me I had to get a written note from my bank AND my ID attested by a justice of the peace & post it to them or schedule a video call with them with a whole heap of my ID.   I kicked up a fuss about this & eventually got them to approve me after emailing in further signed ID & BPAY receipts from my work email address ( I work for a Bank).

So I eventually got my BTC but I'm not if any further purchase with be trouble free & I cant really recommend them with all over the top security measures they have in place.

So one more dissatisfied client.

I can see they're making deposits very easy and withdrawals very difficult for everyone. And they haven't even showed up on this thread in long time to address customer issues, which tells me they care less about what we think of them.
Tony Abbot

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:49:04 PM

@ Tony Abbot

How's it going so far? Able to withdraw your BTC

I am worried as igot is not GST compliant in australia....

I haven't got around to trying to withdraw yet, I'm on holiday and my partner is kicking up a stink about being online too much.....

Tony Abbot

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:57:44 PM

I can see they're making deposits very easy and withdrawals very difficult for everyone. And they haven't even showed up on this thread in long time to address customer issues, which tells me they care less about what we think of them.

Yep, it's so quick and easy to deposit but horrendously difficult to do anything else. I do sympathise with them as our country is super regulated and as early adopters, I'm sure iGot needs to be extra careful. But what a shitfight!

Can anyone recommend an exchange that's actually good with their service and good for the BTC movement as a whole?

ellave

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:50:24 PM

Yep, it's so quick and easy to deposit but horrendously difficult to do anything else. I do sympathise with them as our country is super regulated and as early adopters, I'm sure iGot needs to be extra careful. But what a shitfight!

Can anyone recommend an exchange that's actually good with their service and good for the BTC movement as a whole?

I used local bitcoins for one purchase, deposited in cash at bank & 20 minutes later had the BTC in my wallet. 
Tony Abbot

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 07:01:36 AM

Thanks mate, but I need a reliable exchange to trade on.....
Local BTC is the bomb for buying, I agree.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Try https://www.cointree.com.au

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tony Abbot

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:53:20 AM

Thanks old miner. Cointree looks the goods.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:13:09 AM

Anyone having problems sending BTC to igot? Im getting a red circle over the BTC deposit address on my account? If I Ctrl-V it and try to use the address to send to I get a message the address is invalid  Huh

Thanks old miner. Cointree looks the goods.

Yea its pretty good. Easy to setup but apparently their not buying BTC atm  Sad

hypnobluez

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:46:20 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 08:13:53 AM by hypnobluez

They are ok! I trade on igot, but only small. It took ages though for the verification to finally end! I guess they are just super paranoid about fraud, hackers etc. I have to say though their withdrawal times are unsatisfactory still (1 out of 10), slowest I have ever come across. One time BTC takes 10 mins, another time 1 day - very inconsistent and annoying. AUD withdrawals are beyond unsatisfactory, sometimes takes more than 4 days. I wouldnt recommend for serious traders.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: