Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2022, 02:15:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 23.0 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Buy USED PSU?  (Read 891 times)
sitefive
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 210
Merit: 100


View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:45:43 PM
 #1

Need a 1000w PSU, for 3X 280x system im building.
However these good brand large wattage PSU's aint cheap.
Cheapest Corsair or any other good brand 1000w New PSU I can get is £140.

However from someone on ebay I can get  BeQuiet Dark Power P8 1000W  for £55  which is almost 3X less then a new psu!

Seems like it's a very great brand,fully modular/ over 90% efficient and cost £180 when new, BUT it's exactly 2years old.
Seller has sold some other pc parts with 100% good reviews and has assured me its in perfectly good condition.
I do need a psu obviously and want to spend as little as possible!
Should I get it or not?

1653185727
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1653185727

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1653185727
Reply with quote  #2

1653185727
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
sitefive
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 210
Merit: 100


View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:03:36 PM
 #2

Bump! watcha think?

atp1916
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000



View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:04:54 PM
 #3

I would honestly not.

Noone ever gets rid of a quality PSU.  People ride em out till they die (if they do).
sitefive
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 210
Merit: 100


View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:15:06 PM
 #4

I would honestly not.

Noone ever gets rid of a quality PSU.  People ride em out till they die (if they do).
Seems like from the other items he sold the guy was parting out his system.
oh well just bought it, seems like quality stuff and doubt it was made to last 2years and for the past 5years I havent had a single PC part die just because of the age.
90% chance it will be ok,just hope it wont be the 10% this time Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!