Bitcoin Forum
September 12, 2024, 08:24:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 394 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinye [KOI/COYE] You can't kill a gayfish.  (Read 715816 times)
x50x

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:59:08 PM

Another pump and dump coin.  Press should generate some short term interest at launch but I see nothing that will keep attention on this long term. Who would invest in a coin that has to set money aside for legal concerns before it even launches?
CheekyChappy

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:02:54 PM

only if you are part of the dev team that will have 500MH on it from 1 second after launch. By then time you unrar get sync and start mining , game will be over.

hopefully lots of coiny west fans will support him and buy the few we get for inflated price.

Why no hype over CAGE coin, i mined some of those since i have heard of him and liked bad lieutenant ...... where is the press about this FFS??

Buy my cage coins mofos

Grin working on it bro...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=398573.0

I know, I know... but the thing is I cannot help it because even though I am an absolute gentleman... I also happen to be a CheekyChappy after all:)
PDcologne

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 03:33:25 PM

just seen someone selling 1000000 coinye on ebay for 7500 euro.... this is unreal its not even out yet - well planned out scam

BTC now accepted @ www.pcandmining.de Gridseed Re-seller in Germany, custom rig builds, and accessories.
BTC -  1MsgzuVnshJGLpUcjja6U8UsjCTjk8QzyK
BC   - B5xG6yYStDn92MT16RXHsL4bPdZd1DChJq
LTC  -  LfarCLG5sap2o31sAujxV1iorkwk4V8Ggk
peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:51:31 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 05:22:32 PM by peterlustig

http://heise.de/-2075044

German IT site heise.de made a post about Coinye West.  Shocked

Shitty google translation:
Unknown announced a new virtual currency called "Coinye West". The name was apparently inspired by the rapper Kanye West. But even if the makers relate not only on its name, but the virtual coin adorn with his likeness, the musician was not involved apparently. You just hope that he agrees in hindsight.

The initiators want to make available a system that is usable on any modern PC. After her presentation, there will be a crypto-currency for the masses, so to speak, the virtual people's currency. Also a launch date, there are: On 11 January is Coinye West start.

In light of the Bitcoin success, several other virtual currencies have competed for the favor of Internet users. Ripple, Litecoin, Peercoin, Namecoin or Dogecoin depicting a dog on the virtual coin. Even if one can interpret the latter almost as a joke, there are also users of these digital currency. However, there were already offers crypto currencies fraudulent or simply as a joke, said Johnathan Turrall the BBC, he is technical manager at Metalair, one of the Unversity of Sussex outsourced crypto currency start-up.

It will be interesting be whether rapper West is amused and if the start date is respected

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
atleticofa

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:20:53 PM

This is going to be HUGE  Cheesy
Tenchi

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 05:22:25 PM

http://heise.de/-2075044

German IT site heise.de made a post about Coinye West.  Shocked

Shitty google translation:
Unknown announced a new virtual currency called "Coinye West". The name was apparently inspired by the rapper Kanye West. But even if the makers relate not only on its name, but the virtual coin adorn with his likeness, the musician was not involved apparently. You just hope that he agrees in hindsight.
The initiators want to make available a system that is usable on any modern PC. After her presentation, there will be a crypto-currency for the masses, so to speak, the virtual people's currency. Also a launch date, there are: On 11 January is Coinye West start
In light of the Bitcoin success, several other virtual currencies have competed for the favor of Internet users. Ripple, Litecoin, Peercoin, Namecoin or Dogecoin depicting a dog on the virtual coin. Even if one can interpret the latter almost as a joke, there are also users of these digital currency. However, there were already offers crypto currencies fraudulent or simply as a joke, said Johnathan Turrall the BBC, he is technical manager at Metalair, one of the Unversity of Sussex outsourced crypto currency start-up.
It will be interesting be whether rapper West is amused and if the start date is respected

Austrian newssites post articles about that coin too. dafuq is going on lol

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
peterlustig

Activity: 812

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:25:05 PM

Didn't see the BBC article on page 6: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25588883
Amazing really.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 05:35:02 PM

I have faith in this one, especially with so many news coverage.One thing is only needed:

PPPLEASE ALLOW PORT 80 MINING!!!

CheekyChappy

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:35:47 PM

just seen someone selling 1000000 coinye on ebay for 7500 euro.... this is unreal its not even out yet - well planned out scam

WHAT!!!

I know, I know... but the thing is I cannot help it because even though I am an absolute gentleman... I also happen to be a CheekyChappy after all:)
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:22:25 PM

Its on the dailymail now

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2533268/Forget-Bitcoin-Kanye-West-inspired-digital-payment-set-launch-January-eBay-plans-roll-virtual-gift-tokens.html

(Sorry if posted)
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:26:11 PM

WHAT!!!

It's a pre-order which probably means he will either send you the coins after he mines them or not send you the coins at all.
Tenchi

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 06:26:54 PM

can someone tell me why this coin gets so much media attention? I really don't get it.  Huh

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
HashHound

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:55:16 PM

can someone tell me why this coin gets so much media attention? I really don't get it.  Huh

Kanye West is a famous american hip-hop artist.

Pleb
k33k

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:00:43 PM

Someone with serious spondoolies is backing this coin? The amount of articles seems really inorganic.
madotsuki

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:14:02 PM

How CPU-friendly will this coin be?
Maddin

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:52:57 PM

Thats great, since the americans only listen to news about famous people and shit like that this coin will explode in value  Grin
patnor1011

Activity: 114

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:32:54 PM

How CPU-friendly will this coin be?

I guess - for about 10 minutes.
goindeep

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 11:16:19 PM

TOTAL AND UTTER COMPLETE SCAM GUYS STAY AWAY

IN the following article both they and the journalist make a few mistakes:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/kanye-west-gets-his-own-virtual-currencythe-coinye-west-9038055.html

Quotes from the Article 1."the online business is not affiliated with Kanye West," 2.They say they can “picture a future where Coinye is used to buy concert tickets, with cryptographically verified virtual tickets.” 3. "They have offered the controversial star 100,000 Coinye ahead of the launch on 11 January" 4. "The company has not provided further details about its operations or how many people are involved in Coinye West."

So... they admitted to pre-mining, reserving stocks, the journalist made a boo boo when he called them out twice for being a business and a company... then they offered Kanye some of the coins, you dont just have access to the Kanye's phone number unless your in the biz... lol what a scam! So many people are going to get duped!

Notice how they say they are Not s PR company, but they dont say they are not a company at all... they just say they are a few guys... this means they are not lying and not being completely honest... I personally think they are a media company or a music firm IMHO.

Lastly a twitter user already caught them amending the total supply figures.. how do they explain that?

https://i.imgur.com/BnWFLiX.png

Please share above image around. Direct link > http://imgur.com/BnWFLiX

ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:34:39 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 02:07:42 AM by ChasingTheDream

The following quote is directly from the www.CoinyeWest.com website.

"How do I get started mining?

If you're brand new the mining, the basic steps will be to choose a pool (we will list these soon) and sign up there. We'll release clear tutorials on how to do this.
Then you'll use our miner program (coinyeminer or gold digger, we arent sure which yet), and enter your username from the pool. We're going to make this SUPER easy - no endless techie configuration stuff. We'll detect what graphics card or computer chip you have and run the program that's best for you, automagically.
Then your COINYEs will go to the pool you chose. The pool will figure out how much percent you contributed to, and split up the 666,666 according to that percent. Then they will automatically send them to your software wallet."

Maybe I'm paranoid but doesn't it scare the hell out of people that we will need to install a custom miner just for this coin?  It just seems to be screaming for something unpleasant to happen to a lot of people's computers that will jump on this.

So Dev's, I have to ask.  Why do we need to use a custom miner?  Having a custom miner for people that don't have any idea how to set up the existing software is great but is it required for everyone to use the custom miner?

Please respond to this because that scares the hell out of me and I'm sure others as well once they realize it is required.

What do you all think?
filipe3x

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:39:22 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 04:37:59 AM by filipe3x

Bitember is about to release a pool just for Coinye West.

Here is the link http://coye.bitember.com

For now, the registrations are closed. I'll let you know once it opens for public registration.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 394 »
  Print  

Jump to: