Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:03:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Client 11DbException  (Read 1705 times)
Jazkal (OP)

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 11:19:23 PM

So I store my wallet.dat files offline in a truecrypt file. When I want to send BTC I shutdown the bitcoin.exe app and swap out the wallet.dat file. And then run a -rescan to load up the updated wallet.dat file.

This process has been working fine for some time now. But now all of a sudden, I can't get the client to accept any of my stored wallet.dat files without giving an error and crashing.

Error I get when I try and load up a stored wallet.dat file:

EXCEPTION: 11DbException
Db::open: Invalid argument
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bitcoin\bitcoin.exe in AppInit()

If I then delete my backed up wallet.dat, and launch the bitcoin.exe app again, it creates a new fresh wallet.dat file without any errors.

I've tried deleting the block chain, and re-downloading from scratch, but it doesn't work.

I've tried wiping all traces of the bitcoin client from the system, and doing a fresh install, and still no luck.

Any other ideas I have missed?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinMan

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:06:35 AM

Interesting two of you having the same problem so close to the same time.

The advice I gave in another thread has been my tried and true way to a restore.  Please see here...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39623.0

My Bitcoin Identity
Bitcoin: 183DFFQXR4xCyseBXzmh3XWc22izDWE5Dw
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:10:38 AM

The permissions are correctly set?
Anyway, like the other thread, keep a copy of the current wallet.dat(even in another truecrypt file), you never know what can happen

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Jazkal (OP)

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:28:42 AM

With the bitcoin client closed.  Delete all the files except for bitcoin.conf and wallet.dat.  Open bitcoin client and let it redownload the blockchain.

CoinMan

Did that, and still got the error as soon as I launched bitcoin.exe
CoinMan

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:45:46 AM

Ugh.  Sorry to hear that.  Do you have a prior copy of your wallet.dat backed up somewhere?  Perhaps somehow your wallet.dat is now corrupt. 

My Bitcoin Identity
Bitcoin: 183DFFQXR4xCyseBXzmh3XWc22izDWE5Dw
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 01:01:15 AM

Try opening it with pywallet
If it doesn't work scan your drive for private keys (pywallet does that only for Linux/OSX but there are plenty of such tools over here)

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: