Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:24:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cental Bank of Nepal calls bitcoins Illegal  (Read 4307 times)
tsaroz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:39:07 PM

Central bank of Nepal in its first ever response to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency,  calls uses and transactions of Bitcoin by Nepali citizens to be Illegal. The main concern it shows is the export of National currency in International market for buying Bitcoins. Bitcoins have a great potential in countries like Nepal but Bitcoin is being unsuccessful in convincing governments and all the people.
The positive aspect is the concern naturally advertised about Bitcoins and surely the use will soar. Reminder: Bitcoins are already completely Illegal in India one of the largest economy of world.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MonkeyDOH

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:02:20 AM

is central bank of nepal doesn't allow bitcoin ? sources ?
ramhari

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:57:07 AM

One of the popular technology websites in Nepal has written a very comprehensive study about bitcoins in Nepal and it's legalitites. It might be helpful for you (They got the proof from the central bank about)  Wink

http://techsansar.com/computing/bitcoins-nepal-legalities-faqs/
Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:36:11 PM

Definition of something being illegal: The government doesn't like it, because it could distract it's slaves from working.

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
coi

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 12:13:25 PM

The Nepal Rastra Bank is concerned about Bitcoin eroding their currency. Since the Nepali Rupee is a restricted currency (pegged to the Indian Rupee - therefore the USD) there is no easy way for regular people to make purchases outside of Nepal. This is not just about online shopping, but paying school application fees, tuition, etc. Also, people will always find a way to get around the restrictions of the NRB....Hundhi anyone?
x13

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Things are called shit for a reason, dear.

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 01:39:40 PM

Maybe Nepalese central bank got presure from China. It is not a secret that the Chinese government is fearing Bitcoin therefore it is very likely that they decree Nepal to do so too.

medevlo

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:18:25 AM

Is it illegal to earn from signature campaign here and hold bitcoin in nepal ??
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:02:36 PM

In my opinion, it's depends on how the govs make bitcoin illegal level. I remember to Bangladesh people who use bitcoin for transfer it to another address, they get sent to jail because for it.
So if the govs not make it illegal level strict, and not use for crime it will not problem.
Bit1334271

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:08:13 PM

I think its illegal but many still doing and holding bitcoin because I know many members which are using and doing this Government cannot check this
Cresciuanto

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:48:13 AM

this news is quit new for me. hearing for first time. but i think not only Nepal's bank but so many other banks also considered it illegal. i think it is not something new about bitocin. but i am waiting for the news when states and bands will legalize bitcoin.
wintermeasures

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 10:37:20 PM

Definition of something being illegal: The government doesn't like it, because it could distract it's slaves from working.

Haha yeah i agree, most government doesn't like bitcoin. But lucky for me, from my country bitcoin is not prohibited by the government would instead be used for the bank from my country. Thank you
hermanhs09

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 10:53:58 PM

Central bank of Nepal in its first ever response to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency,  calls uses and transactions of Bitcoin by Nepali citizens to be Illegal. The main concern it shows is the export of National currency in International market for buying Bitcoins. Bitcoins have a great potential in countries like Nepal but Bitcoin is being unsuccessful in convincing governments and all the people.
The positive aspect is the concern naturally advertised about Bitcoins and surely the use will soar. Reminder: Bitcoins are already completely Illegal in India one of the largest economy of world.
I have found it strange that they really do that kind of thing in July 2016.I though that already enough people
know about bitcoin and there are enough big fishes in btc buissness to not happen situations like that.
Well Bank of Nepal... they will prove you are wrong
medevlo

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 11:42:59 AM

I have found it strange that they really do that kind of thing in July 2016.I though that already enough people
know about bitcoin and there are enough big fishes in btc buissness to not happen situations like that.
Well Bank of Nepal... they will prove you are wrong
"Well Bank of Nepal... they will prove you are wrong" i didn't understood what this line means ?? huh ?
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 12:26:35 PM

I dont think that Bitcoin is illegal. Nepal is still poor country and have to make proper actions with economy.

World mostly tier 1 and 2 countries have start to accept bitcoin payment via micro payments.

Now the main thing what if government oppose to bitcoin ?

Firstly Altcoin is decentralized digital currency as no one control it. In major countries mostly government take control over currency, but bitcoin has change past and gives revolution to world's economy.

And government with poor economy will not allow bitcoin as currency due to political issue.

But it is future and it takes time to sustain it as well as accept it.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 02:16:09 PM

China and Nepal have good relation, for this reason Nepal won't take much effort to oppose bitcoin because china is the country which has the highest users as well bitcoin is used almost in a legalized manner.
hermanhs09

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:35:14 PM

China and Nepal have good relation, for this reason Nepal won't take much effort to oppose bitcoin because china is the country which has the highest users as well bitcoin is used almost in a legalized manner.
Yeah that is true too,we need to remember that about 40% of bitcoin's are being mined in china.
It is possible that thanks to it,Nepal will really wont take much effort on it,we will see this in a short time probably.
rezilient

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 09:44:47 PM

I dont think that Bitcoin is illegal. Nepal is still poor country and have to make proper actions with economy.

World mostly tier 1 and 2 countries have start to accept bitcoin payment via micro payments.

Now the main thing what if government oppose to bitcoin ?

Firstly Altcoin is decentralized digital currency as no one control it. In major countries mostly government take control over currency, but bitcoin has change past and gives revolution to world's economy.

And government with poor economy will not allow bitcoin as currency due to political issue.

But it is future and it takes time to sustain it as well as accept it.

Every Government is oppose to bitcoin but the only thing they can do is only ban it but people are still using it.  Smiley

You don't pay enough.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: