Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:47:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 11DbException after thunderstorm power outage - now 0 transactions and no coins  (Read 2072 times)
PandaMiner (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 11:49:26 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2011, 03:47:53 AM by PandaMiner

Okay,  So the power went out for a second (or two) and one of my rigs had that error (running bitcoin client) and so I deleted the blk*.dat files (2 of them) and the error went away, and download the block chain all over again. (got it all after a few hours)

Now, it says I have zero bitcoins, and zero transactions.  So, I did a rescan. (I have version 0.3.23-beta)
In a dos prompt, I typed "bitcoin.exe -rescan" and eventually the client started, but still no coins. (I had 9.99 coins)

Now I am stuck as to my next move. What do i try next?

thanks, dave

EDIT: I have tried some of the suggestions below to no avail.

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinMan

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:02:25 AM

With the bitcoin client closed.  Delete all the files except for bitcoin.conf and wallet.dat.  Open bitcoin client and let it redownload the blockchain.

CoinMan

My Bitcoin Identity
Bitcoin: 183DFFQXR4xCyseBXzmh3XWc22izDWE5Dw
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:07:20 AM

Keep a copy of the current wallet.dat

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2011, 12:08:53 AM

This
CoinMan

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:10:56 AM

Yes..of course, that's really all you need wallet.dat everything else can be deleted (bitcoin.conf optional if you even have it).

My Bitcoin Identity
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:28:45 AM

Yes..of course, that's really all you need wallet.dat everything else can be deleted (bitcoin.conf optional if you even have it).
I meant an additional copy, not just keeping .bitcoin/wallet.dat

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
CoinMan

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 12:48:27 AM

I meant an additional copy, not just keeping .bitcoin/wallet.dat

I get it...I should be more clear next time so that you won't have to  Grin  I'm starting to think the wallet.dat may be corrupt - hope he has a good backup somewhere before the power went out with the coin in it already Sad

My Bitcoin Identity
PandaMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:40:17 AM

I will try this, and I did not have a back up copy after the confirmed transfer had been made to it some time ago. I will update this thread when I have more to say, or it worked.

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
PandaMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 03:10:10 AM

I tried what DeepCeleron suggested (other thread link) and nothing. I think I lost my 10 coins. Oh well.

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 03:41:00 AM

You should try what I wrote in the other thread

PandaMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 03:46:31 AM

What other thread?

Also, do you think the wallet data file itself got corrupted?  I have and OLD copy of that wallet file. Think that I could use that one and rescan?

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 03:03:44 PM

The other 11DbException thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39618.0

Yes it's possible
If nothing works maybe that old copy will be useful

PandaMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 10:41:38 PM

Well, that's no help to me, sadly.

I get no more "errors" but my transactions are gone, and so is the balance. What is also sad, is that the 9.99 btc was a transfer from my bitcoin7 account to my savings wallet, so I have no record of the address used to receive it with, to check against the chain.

EDIT:  I think i found it... 18ab1vaKnD7hXLBSC81dS1i71t1fGS5Wyo this is the only address from my saver wallet that I ever used.  I wonder if this can help me?

Unless I got haxed?  I notice 2 days before the lights went out (wednesday) that there is activity that I did not do. I did not SEND anything, and it says the 9.99 was sent to 12Xo26fqZWYvzeKSW5d7zjuKEGpz1iCGey.

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 02:14:04 AM

Well, that's no help to me, sadly.

I get no more "errors" but my transactions are gone, and so is the balance. What is also sad, is that the 9.99 btc was a transfer from my bitcoin7 account to my savings wallet, so I have no record of the address used to receive it with, to check against the chain.

EDIT:  I think i found it... 18ab1vaKnD7hXLBSC81dS1i71t1fGS5Wyo this is the only address from my saver wallet that I ever used.  I wonder if this can help me?

Unless I got haxed?  I notice 2 days before the lights went out (wednesday) that there is activity that I did not do. I did not SEND anything, and it says the 9.99 was sent to 12Xo26fqZWYvzeKSW5d7zjuKEGpz1iCGey.

I hope you have not deleted the wallet.dat file that you thought was 'corrupted'. An old wallet backup may not have all the private keys you have used. If you have sent more than one hundred payments or created addresses, then your original pool of one hundred pre-generated private keys may have been used up, and your current wallet would have more recent keys and addresses the backup does not. This would be the only reason why you wouldn't be able to see all your transactions (including the 9.99 sent transaction) after getting all the blocks and doing a --rescan. It could also be that the power outage didn't mess up bitcoin at all - your computer could have been remotely compromised on the 24th, the coins were sent, and then the attack also corrupted your wallet.dat file with garbage, and you didn't notice until days later.
PandaMiner (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 06:46:55 PM

Sadly, I think you are correct.

I think I just didn't notice until the power outage brought attention to it.

PS: (never sent/received more than 15 times total)

kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:05:54 PM

Sadly, I think you are correct.

I think I just didn't notice until the power outage brought attention to it.

PS: (never sent/received more than 15 times total)
if you really think that your wallet.dat is *dead*, you can send it to me.
yes, i know: don't send you wallet to anyone.

but if you can't recover them yourself, maybe i can... your coins are lost what ever you do... (but i might send them back to you. Smiley )

i have recovered things from a berkeley db before.

PM me if you like Smiley

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: